2009/10 NBA Season

It's funny since Jordan retired I have never really stuck to one team in the NBA, still really enjoy it and watch it when I get the chance but have never got a calling to any team unlike my Vince Young inspired Tennessee switch late last year. I have always like Phoenix because of the tempo and high scoring game they play but not enough to say they are "my" team. I also love watching LeBron play but wouldn't be a Cavs fan coz that would be worse than being a Bulls fan in the early 90's at least then I was a kid and didn't know any better.

The Gymp said:
It's funny since Jordan retired I have never really stuck to one team in the NBA, still really enjoy it and watch it when I get the chance but have never got a calling to any team unlike my Vince Young inspired Tennessee switch late last year. I have always like Phoenix because of the tempo and high scoring game they play but not enough to say they are "my" team. I also love watching LeBron play but wouldn't be a Cavs fan coz that would be worse than being a Bulls fan in the early 90's at least then I was a kid and didn't know any better.

Well the Cavs have always been awful.. but.. with LeBron and some little roster changes, TA-DA. Championship contender.

Yeah I know but I couldn't really just jump on board now after they have become good. Maybe Portland is a go, they have a pretty good future and have an Aussie and they have a similar jersey to the Bombers!

The Gymp said:
Yeah I know but I couldn't really just jump on board now after they have become good. Maybe Portland is a go, they have a pretty good future and have an Aussie and they have a similar jersey to the Bombers!

They have an Aussie player who gets no game time. lol.

For the record I didn't jump on board when the Cavs lucked out by winning the lottery in 2003 and drafted LeBron. I've been on board with the Cavs since the late 80's and enjoyed the Mark Price/Brad Daugherty era where they were the second best team in the East behind certain Chicago team, then suffered through some God-awful teams in the late 90's/early 00's much like Zyrdunas Ilguaskas, which is why I hope that we get him back if (and I can't believe I am probably about to jinx this) we win the title this year coz he deserves it more than anyone

FYI - Tracy McGrady goes to the Knicks in a 9 player deal.

McGrady is finished. However, the Knicks got wanted they wanted by having enough players to come off the books next year to waive their chequebooks at at least 2 big free-agents...let's just hope none of them have the surname James...

Meat77 said:
McGrady is finished. However, the Knicks got wanted they wanted by having enough players to come off the books next year to waive their chequebooks at at least 2 big free-agents...let's just hope none of them have the surname James...

They will. Come on, James is friends with Jeter, Sabathia, most of the Yankees. He even attends Yankee games!

He likes the Dallas Cowboys too - doesn't mean he will play for the Mavericks!

Lebron will be a Clipper!

A'mare isn't going anywhere. Phoenix didn't trade him at the deadline.

Now surely this will be the greatest pre-game promotion in the history of the NBA...

The Cavaliers are asking fans to arrive early for the March 5 game against Detroit to help set the Guinness World Record for "largest gathering of people wearing fleece blankets." Each fan will receive a Cavaliers Snuggie which they'll be asked to wear for the first five minutes of the game.

I read in Alpha magazine about Andrew Bogut's "Section 6", or something like that. Squad 6 maybe.
Anyway they took auditions for 100 fans to find the most enthusiastic, loudest ones, told them to bring drums etc and so on, and just make the games a fun place to be for Bucks fans.
So they found 100 fans, and Bogut bought them all season tickets out of his own pocket. Pretty sweet idea.

dukey said:
I read in Alpha magazine about Andrew Bogut's "Section 6", or something like that. Squad 6 maybe.
Anyway they took auditions for 100 fans to find the most enthusiastic, loudest ones, told them to bring drums etc and so on, and just make the games a fun place to be for Bucks fans.
So they found 100 fans, and Bogut bought them all season tickets out of his own pocket. Pretty sweet idea.

Yeah, I read about that in a Milwaukee paper the other day, nice guy.

Stage 1 is now complete in "Operation: Bring 'Z' back to Cleveland" with the Wizards agreeing to buy out his contract today. Now we play the waiting game while he has to wait 30 days to re-sign with the Cavs...

Bogus fuckin rule, will definitely be fixed up during the CBA next year. In any case, the Cavs are the only team i worry about, they've swept us this year, Shaq worries Gasol and Bynum, but i still feel we'll get the best of em in a 7 game series. Nothing will be sweeter than seeing Queen James storming off the court after another ring for Kobe.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Dexter
  • Rookie Alan
  • Hurrijo
  • lakers133334
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.