2010/2011 NFL Season

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
We don't have a discussion thread for the upcoming season yet!

Pre-season rankings are out, and the favours the almighty spenders, the Jets.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/07/27/precamp.1/index.html?eref=sihp

Normally I'm not the type to buy the hype, but with the Jets so clearly going all-in when it comes to their 2010 season, why not play along and add to the self-created pressure on which Rex Ryan and his players seem to thrive? Let's see if they thrive on it this year. That'll be the tricky part. Handling all the Super Bowl expectations that come with a roster built to win -- and win big -- now. Of this much we are certain: After the offseason personnel spree they went on, the Jets mercifully can't trot out that tired no respect/underdog spiel they rode so far last season.

Also... the almighty Oakland Raiders former champion safety, Jack Tatum has died aged 61. Pretty depressing..

Jets are my prediction for sb, division winners:

Ravens
Jets
Colts
Chargers
Packers
Cowboys
Saints
49ers

with wildcard teams being:
Patriots
Texans
Vikings
Panthers

Well now that the Bengals look to have signed T.O. I have obviously now ruled the Browns out of winning the AFC North...

As long as Peyton is playing. I can never rule out the Colts being in the Super Bowl.

I personally think the Jet's are over-rated. Mark Sanchez isn't even THAT good. As for the Ravens, I don't know how Anquan Boldin will go considering that the offence they run is Ray Rice orientated.

Colts to meet New Orleans again is my pick.

Mark Sanchez isn't that good, I agree. But they have the best rushing attack and best defense in the league, Sanchez only needs to improve a little for the jets to be a force

pennywisealfie said:
Mark Sanchez isn't that good, I agree. But they have the best rushing attack and best defense in the league, Sanchez only needs to improve a little for the jets to be a force

Yeah, but.. they've got Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes as the wideouts, totally wasted unless Sanchez delivers.

just coz im bored at work, I've ranked the teams 1-32 for pre-season:

Jets
Colts
Ravens
Chargers
Packers
Saints
Vikings
Pats
Cowboys
Texans
Titans
Panthers
Bengals
Falcons
Eagles
Bears
Dolphins
Lions
Giants
Raiders
Steelers
Jaguars
49ers
Cardinals
Broncos
Seahawks
Redskins
Browns
Rams
Chiefs
Bills
Bucs

Jets are over-rated. They had a piss weak run into the playoffs, Indy and Cincy basically gifted them wins by resting starters. Jury is still out on them imo.

Packers will win the big one.

Dez Bryant getting injured means me picking Roy Williams will reap rewards, early in the season at least. That's what you get for not carrying pads, rookie!

Jets/Packers SB imo. Colts are gonna be tough, everyone knows that. Ravens could be anything if Flacco comes along nicely

Ravens and Vikings are too high and Cowboys are too low IMO.

pennywisealfie said:
just coz im bored at work, I've ranked the teams 1-32 for pre-season:

Jets
Colts
Ravens
Chargers
Packers
Saints
Vikings
Pats
Cowboys
Texans
Titans
Panthers
Bengals
Falcons
Eagles
Bears
Dolphins
Lions
Giants
Raiders
Steelers
Jaguars
49ers
Cardinals
Broncos
Seahawks
Redskins
Browns
Rams
Chiefs
Bills
Bucs

Raiders ahead of the Steelers, 49ers and Skins? Child please [icon_evillaugh

we will see. sif the Skins will do well tho!

McNabb will really help the Skins IMO. They won't win their division, but they will raise a few eyebrows.

pennywisealfie said:
we will see. sif the Skins will do well tho!

McNabb, solid D with or without fat Albert. I think they will raise a few eyebrows. Eagles will rue letting McNabb go!

PRE SEASON HAS STARTED!!!

Cowboys knocked off the Bengals in the opener.

penny, do you think Cable should look at shifting DMAC to WR? from everyone that's bee4n talking, Campbell, Asomugha, Heyward-Bey, all say that DMAC has the tools to be a great WR. I think it would be possible.

Well right now Michael Bush is our guy for sure. However, Asamougha has come out the past 2 pre-seasons waxing lyrical about how Jamarcus was gonna have a huge season. (pun intended). So really he hasn't proven to be the best judge in the past.

pennywisealfie said:
Well right now Michael Bush is our guy for sure. However, Asamougha has come out the past 2 pre-seasons waxing lyrical about how Jamarcus was gonna have a huge season. (pun intended). So really he hasn't proven to be the best judge in the past.

Cable has said Bush will be the Red Zone, or close yardage RB, but they will be 50/50 on running plays.. could be a good idea.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • Bucking Beads
  • BruiserMk1
  • pagey
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spooky1013
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.