2010/2011 NFL Season

Clintos said:
Everyone's team lost in week 3. Haha

Pats, Browns, Giants, Raiders, Steelers all lost. Haha

In pre-season? oh damn :P

It's almost go time!
To get everyone fired up for the impending season, here is a selection of inspirational photographs from the past few seasons.

09000d5d80694cff_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8067fa0d_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d80694ccd_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8143ba74_gallery_600.jpg

It's what the people want tbf

Lots of interesting cuts made yesterday.

I am really worried about our secondary this season. McGowan and Bodden have been put on IR, and all we have done is signed Jarrad Page from the Cheifs. I think we need to add a veteran CB to go with McCourty and Butler. Dre' Bly was cut by the Lions this week, and I think he'd be perfect.

I can't really work out why we cut Burgess, but he will probably retire now. We won't have much of a pass rush this year unfortunately.

Leinart and Houshmandzadeh were cut too.

Clintos said:
Lots of interesting cuts made yesterday.

I am really worried about our secondary this season. McGowan and Bodden have been put on IR, and all we have done is signed Jarrad Page from the Cheifs. I think we need to add a veteran CB to go with McCourty and Butler. Dre' Bly was cut by the Lions this week, and I think he'd be perfect.

I can't really work out why we cut Burgess, but he will probably retire now. We won't have much of a pass rush this year unfortunately.

Leinart and Houshmandzadeh were cut too.

Yeah there is some interesting talk within Oakland about picking up Leinart and Housh. Oakland need a veteran receiver with Chaz gone for a few weeks, and apparently old man Al wants Leinart to learn behind J. Campbell. Not going to work, I love Bruce too much. But still interesting to read.

Southern Cal must have one hell of a system to be full of NFL busts yet be right up there every year for National Championship contention. USC won 2 national championships with Leinart, Reggie Bush and Lendale White as the stars. The only SC guy I can think of off the top of my head to do anything in recent times was Troy Polamalu and I guess Carson Palmer made a few Pro Bowls, but besides that, I think they were all busts. Ill have to look that up.

pennywisealfie said:
Southern Cal must have one hell of a system to be full of NFL busts yet be right up there every year for National Championship contention. USC won 2 national championships with Leinart, Reggie Bush and Lendale White as the stars. The only SC guy I can think of off the top of my head to do anything in recent times was Troy Polamalu and I guess Carson Palmer made a few Pro Bowls, but besides that, I think they were all busts. Ill have to look that up.

Fantastic college players, sub-par NFL players. USC only gets the spotlight because it's a glamour school, when just as many bad players come from the SEC and Big Ten.

pennywisealfie said:

Cushing, Matthews and Maualuga will all amount to someting.

I wish this season would fucking hurry up. The Red Sox are up shit creek, so I need to focus my energy elsewhere.

Absolutely. We have the weapons. The defense is nasty and the O-Line is much MUCH better than anything in the past 5 seasons. I think we can come within .500 if not higher.

OK.....

But coming "within" .500 isn't better than the Red Sox though! Sure - it's light years ahead of what the Indians are...

Just quietly, I"m reasonably confident of a similar 7-9 or 8-8 season by the Brownies this year...I have no real reason for feeling that way - I just like the feel of the club now that Holmgren is there

Meat77 said:
OK.....

But coming "within" .500 isn't better than the Red Sox though! Sure - it's light years ahead of what the Indians are...

Just quietly, I"m reasonably confident of a similar 7-9 or 8-8 season by the Brownies this year...I have no real reason for feeling that way - I just like the feel of the club now that Holmgren is there

Well, coming within .500 for the Raiders is better than missing the playoffs for the Sox.

Got up early to watch the Patriots' opener. Totally worth it.

fkn Titans. fkn Vince Young, fkn offensive line, fkn UGH.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Astro
  • Dexter
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Howie
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.