10. David Shillington
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Nate Myles
13. Paul Gallen

14. Greg Bird
15. Matthew Scott
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Luke Lewis

That team would be ideal after the squad they picked IMO.

J

Jazza

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Antonio Winterstein was our only player to make the New Zealand squad...not that he'll be our player much longer.

Alex Glenn missed out.

I'm disappointed for Glenn. As for Winterstein, good on him, but it's hard to see him getting a run with Vatuvei, Nightingale and Perrett in front of him.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Alex Glenn missed out!! Are they Farken HIGH!!

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
The Brizz said:
1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Brent Tate
4. Willie Tonga
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Petero Civoniceva
9. Cameron Smith
10. David Shillington
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Nate Myles
13. Paul Gallen

14. Greg Bird
15. Matthew Scott
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Luke Lewis

That team would be ideal after the squad they picked IMO.
It's a good team.

Interesting that there is only 1 Dragon and 1 Rooster.

Pretty much proves that the Salary Cap has evenly spread the talent throughout the teams tbh.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
mrslong said:
Pretty much proves that the Salary Cap has evenly spread the talent throughout the teams tbh.
and it was at the expense of the quality of the season. 2010 will go down as the worst overall season of rugby league ive ever seen.

the only saving grace was the state of origin series.

give me the years of the 4-5 great teams and 11-12 mediocre ones over 16 mediocre but even teams any day of the week.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
mrslong said:
and it was at the expense of the quality of the season. 2010 will go down as the worst overall season of rugby league ive ever seen.

give me the years of the 4-5 great teams and 11-12 mediocre ones over 16 mediocre but even teams any day of the week.

This I 1000% agree on.

I would rather watch some brilliant teams dismantle lesser teams, and then have cracking clashes amongst themselves, than have 8 mediocre games every week.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Yep, I don't agree that spreading the talent is a good thing. Just saying this team proves it. (still a good team considering the injuries we have)

Oh remember the golden days of 1998 when our team was beautiful.
Darren Lockyer
Michael De Vere
Steve Renouf
Darren Smith
Wendell Sailor
Kevin Walters
Allan Langer (C)
Shane Webcke
Phillip Lee
Andrew Gee
Gorden Tallis
Brad Thorn
Tonie Carroll
Michael Hancock
John Plath
Kevin Campion
Petero Civoniceva
Wayne Bennett

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
Yep, I don't agree that spreading the talent is a good thing. Just saying this team proves it. (still a good team considering the injuries we have)

Oh remember the golden days of 1998 when our team was beautiful.
Darren Lockyer
Michael De Vere
Steve Renouf
Darren Smith
Wendell Sailor
Kevin Walters
Allan Langer (C)
Shane Webcke
Phillip Lee
Andrew Gee
Gorden Tallis
Brad Thorn
Tonie Carroll
Michael Hancock
John Plath
Kevin Campion
Petero Civoniceva
Wayne Bennett

Yep. By far the best team I've seen in my lifetime, or probably will ever see again. Fact is the salary cap was all but extinct as a result of the super league war at that point. There's no way you could assemble a squad like that again.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:
mrslong said:

This I 1000% agree on.

I would rather watch some brilliant teams dismantle lesser teams, and then have cracking clashes amongst themselves, than have 8 mediocre games every week.
As a Broncos fan, I also totally agree.

Not sure if I would feel the same way if I was a fan of one of the other 11 teams though... [icon_shru

D

dandan

BRL Player
May 3, 2009
Well being a Kiwi, id like to see this as my Kiwi side:

1:LANCE HOHAIA
2:Jason Nightingale
3:JUNIOR SA'U
4:Shaun Kenny Dowall
5:Manu Vatuvei
6:BENJI MARSHALL
7:NATHAN FIEN
8:FRANK-PAUL NUUAUSALA
9: Isaac Luke
10:Fui Fui
11: Simon Mannering
12:Frank Pritchard
13:Jeremy Smith
14:JARED WAEREA-HARGREAVES
15:ADAM BLAIR
16:BRONSON HARRISON
17LEWIS BROWN

Young, Big and strong i really think the kiwis are going to bully the Australian and English pack and take the title home.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
dandan said:
Well being a Kiwi, id like to see this as my Kiwi side:

1:LANCE HOHAIA
2:Jason Nightingale
3:JUNIOR SA'U
4:Shaun Kenny Dowall
5:Manu Vatuvei
6:BENJI MARSHALL
7:NATHAN FIEN
8:FRANK-PAUL NUUAUSALA
9: Isaac Luke
10:Fui Fui
11: Simon Mannering
12:Frank Pritchard
13:Jeremy Smith
14:JARED WAEREA-HARGREAVES
15:ADAM BLAIR
16:BRONSON HARRISON
17LEWIS BROWN

Young, Big and strong i really think the kiwis are going to bully the Australian and English pack and take the title home.
Sam Perrett unlucky, and I'd have Harrison starting instead of Pritchard.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
audragon said:
Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:
mrslong said:

This I 1000% agree on.

Not sure if I would feel the same way if I was a fan of one of the other 11 teams though... [icon_shru

with our current lineup, we would probably be one of the other 11 teams! (i say this tongue in cheek but really our only "stars" are inglis, hodges, locky, thaiday and maaaaaaaaaaybe hannant)

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
QUEENSLANDER said:
audragon said:
Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:
mrslong said:

This I 1000% agree on.

with our current lineup, we would probably be one of the other 11 teams! (i say this tongue in cheek but really our only "stars" are inglis, hodges, locky, thaiday and maaaaaaaaaaybe hannant)
Without salary cap constraints, we definitely would always be one of the 5 teams, no doubt about that. Which is one of the reasons the N(SW)RL won't ever allow it... [icon_shady

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Winterstein over Glenn? LOLWUT? [icon_shru

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Fozz said:

Glenn isn't a winger (certainly not at international level), and i feel that Winterstein will be back up anyway. Glenn covers backrow and center, not positions NZ are short in

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I know they are covered pretty well in backrow and center but Winterstein has been cod ordinary. I wouldn't have picked him at all.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
Fozz said:

Glenn isn't a winger (certainly not at international level), and i feel that Winterstein will be back up anyway. Glenn covers backrow and center, not positions NZ are short in

Glenn would do a better job on the wing that Winterstien

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Your being pretty harsh on Winterstein IMO. having said that if he does play i hope Locky bombs him all night, because as i see it his biggest flaw is is ability to defuse the high ball

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dexter
  • Bucking Beads
  • Footy Fanatic
  • bb_gun
  • Organix
  • KickHaas
  • jarro65
  • Santa
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.