2010 Lineup

Old Mate said:
As good as Smith can potentially be signing him is a slap in the face to Wallace and Hunt IMO.

I agree ... but AFAIK, we haven't actually signed him. Easts QLD Cup team signed him, he doesn't have a Broncos contract.

Foordy said:
Old Mate said:
As good as Smith can potentially be signing him is a slap in the face to Wallace and Hunt IMO.

I agree ... but AFAIK, we haven't actually signed him. Easts QLD Cup team signed him, he doesn't have a Broncos contract.

If rumours persist knock on Bruno's door!!!!!!

How is it a slap in the face to Wallace and Hunt?

If they're playing well, Smith won't get a look in.

Smith will be paid a pittance and isn't even on the Broncos 'list' or whatever, Wallace is one of our higher paid players and the club has invested a lot of time in Ben Hunt. Doesn't that tell you where our priorities lie?

It looks to me as if Wallace and Hunt will be the first considered, then Smith.

If they're good enough, they have nothing to worry about.

666 said:
On rleague there is talk that Boyd wants to come home

Not a chance he'd fit under the cap. He has that much bargaining power now since he made Roos and more games for Qld.

Even so, there's only 2 sides in South East Queensland.

Je$ter said:
666 said:

Not a chance he'd fit under the cap. He has that much bargaining power now since he made Roos and more games for Qld.
He would be fantastic replacement at fullback though.

ningnangnong said:
Beale said:
boyds crap

Yeah, but you have a some kind of agenda against him.

No I really don't, I can see why a lot of people rate him, but personally I just don't rate him as highly as others. When someone is talked up too much in my eyes and i don't think they are as good as they are made out, i tend to just use the 'he's crap' line.

Like SBW - he was crap! [icon_lol1.

broncospwn said:
Je$ter said:
666 said:

Hoffman, Beale, Copley should all get a shot before we go shopping for more fullbacks.

What is the obsession with people wanting former Broncos (ie Kemp and Boyd) back?

Je$ter said:
broncospwn said:
[quote="Je$ter":coo2rt6y]
666 said:

Hoffman, Beale, Copley should all get a shot before we go shopping for more fullbacks.

What is the obsession with people wanting former Broncos (ie Kemp and Boyd) back?[/quote:coo2rt6y]
No obsession. I couldn't care less if we don't get him I'm just saying IF we got him(not saying I think we should go for him I've said numerous times we need forwards not backs) that he would be a great replacement for Hunt.

I'm bored at work so I thought I would redo my team despite the fact that it won't change much since my last post in here.

1. Kemp/Beale/Hoffman (I'd like to think Kemp can return to his 2008 form, if not the young fellas must be given a chance)
2. Winterstein
3. Folau (Needs to have a massive off season. He has the size to be a damaging defender, lets hope he gets taught how to tackle. He needs to learn how to fend and step as well.)
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCollough
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Glenn

14. Te'o
17. Setu
16. Sims
17. McGuire

I realise it's a heavy bench but realistically Parker will be playing 80 mins and I'm hoping Glenn can go for a while without a break as well.

I also thought I would list a team of current and ex broncos who will be playing next season... just cause I can

1. Kemp
2. Folau
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer
7. Prince
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Civo
11. Thaiday
12. Parker
13. Harrison

14. Clinton
15. Eastwood
16. Taylor
17. Stagg

Damn we've had some talent playing for us over the years

Scotty said:
I'm bored at work so I thought I would redo my team despite the fact that it won't change much since my last post in here.

1. Kemp/Beale/Hoffman (I'd like to think Kemp can return to his 2008 form, if not the young fellas must be given a chance)
2. Winterstein
3. Folau (Needs to have a massive off season. He has the size to be a damaging defender, lets hope he gets taught how to tackle. He needs to learn how to fend and step as well.)
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCollough
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Glenn

14. Te'o
17. Setu
16. Sims
17. McGuire

Similar to my team, depends on whether our back rowers can play long enough, as you said - I really like Te'o - and think that this team shows faith in the boys who played well this year and sets a strong tone for the year - I believe this would be a positive team to field in round 1

I'm really hoping Setu and Te'o can maintain good form next season. While they ended 09 well, earlier on both players were disappointing IMO. If they can hit the ground running next year they could provide incredible impact off the bench. Setu doing the hard hitting in defence, and Te'o running wide breaking the line.

I've been meaning to post my team for a few days now. Just got a chance now.

1. Kemp/Beale
2. Winterstein
3. Falou
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCollough
10. Cayless/Clinton (If he comes, if not, Clinton)
11. Sims
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
14.Setu
15. Clinton/McGuire (If Cayless comes, Clinton, if not McGuire
16. Te'o
17. Glenn

Scotty said:
I'm really hoping Setu and Te'o can maintain good form next season. While they ended 09 well, earlier on both players were disappointing IMO. If they can hit the ground running next year they could provide incredible impact off the bench. Setu doing the hard hitting in defence, and Te'o running wide breaking the line.

You're right, it was only towards the end of the season when the city was rolling their eyes at Setu, Te'o and Sims for that matter, that they started to pick up - hopefully they can maintain some momentum, I'd hate to think that they have to be threatened with sacking to get them fired up - I know personally I'm more of a carrot then stick man

subsbligh said:
Cayless? WTF?

Also - Tim Smith reportedly signed by QCup side Easts, and will be training with Broncos squad.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Yeah the Tim Smith news is a couple of weeks old now. Definitely signed by Easts, at this stage not dual registered but no doubt Henjak will have him training with the squad in the offseason to see if he can earn a contract.

Active Now

• Allo
  • porouian
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosMan
  • blacknwhite
  • Mick_Hancock
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • RolledOates
  • Lurker
  • Porthoz
  • kiwibronco
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.