2016 Assistant Coach?

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
Not sure if this needs it own thread. But now that kev has been given the maroons gig who will Bennett choose to take on the assist role at the bronx?

I assume it would be Kearney in an expanded role. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest but he was our defensive coach last season and we did really well.

Kearney, Langer or Hodges ?
But can't see why Kevvy cannot stay on, its not as if 3 games a season is full time.
Gutted to lose him, but only contracted to QLD till 2018, then he can take over from Wayne if he retires.

Maybe Alfie could take the reigns as our attacking coach ?

Kearney, Langer or Hodges ?
But can't see why Kevvy cannot stay on, its not as if 3 games a season is full time.
Gutted to lose him, but only contracted to QLD till 2018, then he can take over from Wayne if he retires.

I think it was the other way around. As in the bronx gig is full time and bennett didnt want that interfering with his origin duties. But he did say that would just be for 12 months till he better understands whats needed of him as origin head coach.

I think it was the other way around. As in the bronx gig is full time and bennett didnt want that interfering with his origin duties. But he did say that would just be for 12 months till he better understands whats needed of him as origin head coach.

That's what i took from it too. He's a good bloke. Glad QLD finally got the right man. Hopefully he prevails. Bennett believes he's ready, that's good enough for me

I like Langer out on the field; if we are going to elevate him to assistant coach (which would be a just reward for all he's done for the club), then I'd like someone like hodges or locky with the water bottles.

God dammit meninga. Hope this doesn't effect the routine and systems in place.

I like Langer out on the field; if we are going to elevate him to assistant coach (which would be a just reward for all he's done for the club), then I'd like someone like hodges or locky with the water bottles.
Don't think Langer really wants the position

kurt richards or one 9f rhe other yes men will probably get the gig.
i doubt the 20's coach will get a promotion, his people skills are worst than a pig in a trough.

kurt richards or one 9f rhe other yes men will probably get the gig.
i doubt the 20's coach will get a promotion, his people skills are worst than a pig in a trough.
Strange to have him there as I would have thought you would want someone hard but fair with the young guys.

I'll have Locky thanks. Nice dream ... would get both halves directing & driving both sides, especially the edges, with structure and technique. We would then see the best of Gillett in attack as well as defence as one example.

I'll have Locky thanks. Nice dream ... would get both halves directing & driving both sides, especially the edges, with structure and technique. We would then see the best of Gillett in attack as well as defence as one example.

Lockyer should get involved with a local grade team or have a role with under 20's team before trying at the top level.

Or even in rep footy.

He already does or at least did some work with the halves. I don't think giving him the title of assistant coach will improve him any which way.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.