2016 U20s

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
Hey, just wondering the comings and goings in the U20s ranks. Any new future superstars to debut?

I'm afraid your guess would be as good as mine.

So far the Broncos website has the following profiles in the NYC section...

Elijah Alick
Lindsay Collins
Kieran Duffin
George Fai
Keegan Hipgrave
Lachlan Lanskey
Sam Lavea
Sam Leach
Michael Molo
Keenan Palasia
Hiale Roycroft
Kalolo Saitaua
Logan Spaander
Jaydn S'ua
Nikau TeRupe

Strangely, neither Pearson or Brimson's profiles are on the website. Pearson reportedly signed a deal earlier in the year, but I haven't heard anything about him since.

If that list can be accepted on face value that means the following will not be apart of the squad in 2016.

Jai Arrow, Alex Barr, Lachlan Barr, Jayden Berrell, Sheldon Bobbert, Josh Bowen-Boyer, Will Brimson, Paul Byrnes, Jarryd Dodd, Luke Dolbel, Jordan Drew, Jacob Gagai, Sam Gee, Adrian Henley, Tristian Hope, Jacob Kelly, Dale Madden, Brendon McBryde, Te McDonald, Issac Nathan, Jayden Nikorima, Jonas Pearson, Liam Pickersgill, Jeremy Skelton, Junior Taufu, Ash Taylor, Jack Tuttle, Tim Wolens.

Now I know that the Broncos website doesn't upload all the profiles, so a few of those players could be there, but any of them that happened to play this year will likely have left the squad.

With such a big turn-over, there's plenty of new faces coming in. I don't have a full list infront of me, but here's a few Queensland junior reps who are contracted to the Broncos and will be coming of age.

Gehemet Shibasaki - Fullback
Steven Tapita - Centre
Jason Chapman - Centre
William O'Grady - Prop
Syd Smith - Backrow
Kobe Tararo - Backrow
Jack Peacock - Prop
Thomas Mikaele - Second Row
Mitipere Tuatai - Prop

That's about as much as I know.

Arrow and Berrell are apart of the NRL squad so would probably get new profiles

Barr, McBryde, Dodd and Pickersgill have all joined Bronco affiliated ISC teams

And ofcourse Taylor, nikorima, Gagai and drew have joined other teams

THE Broncos have signed a boom fullback from the same school that produced Australian captain Cameron Smith, Wallaby ace Israel Folau and a string of NRL stars.
Marsden State High School fullback Corey Allan, 17, will train pre-season with the Broncos under-20s, in doing so snapping his allegiances with premiers North Queensland who he once dreamt of representing.
The Year 12 student is a devoted Cowboys fan who idolises Johnathan Thurston but his affection for North Queensland has had to be pushed aside as he attempts to follow in the footsteps of past Marsden students such as Smith, Folau, Chris Sandow and Antonio Winterstein.
“It was good to see the Cowboys win the NRL grand final but I’ve had to put my allegiances aside now,” he said.
Corey said he hoped to be named in the 2016 under-20s squad in February.

“I was excited and stoked when I found out I would do the pre-season with the under-20s. It felt like my hard work was starting to pay off but I know there’s a lot of work to be done.
“It’s great to have so many Logan juniors playing NRL — it just shows that it can be done.’’
Allan, who can play fullback or in the halves, is also a product of Logan Brothers which produced decorated Bronco Corey Parker.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...back-corey-allan/story-fniabm4i-1227614876243

We do love having Coreys, don't we. Like Mitchells in the Test side

Corey's seem to serve us well, may as well stick with it.

Thanks for the replies. Lots of info there. I would love to see some fast outside backs with good footwork. We haven't produced a really good quality outside back in a while. I miss the days of Renouf's in and away then sprinting away for tries and big fast guys like Wendell and Lote on the wings.

Last edited:
faiud is one to watch next year in the 20's. very skillful half and lightning quick. size may an issue though in the long term.

I hope that isn't their centre of excellence.

Ah good eye JP.

I totally forgot there were two Fauids from Norths. Just assumed there was the one who partnered Spaander and for whatever reason, we lost him to the Titans.

Carry on.

AJ Willis - Winger

Trai Fuller - Fullback

Will also be apart of the squad this year.

Hayden O'Hara is the future superstar. Recent injuries has kept him out of junior representative teams, but mark my words he is a superstar in the making.

Hayden O'Hara is the future superstar. Recent injuries has kept him out of junior representative teams, but mark my words he is a superstar in the making.

What position does he play?

He plays 5/8 & fullback & centre. In 2014 he was leading try scorer in CC for easts tigers with 12 try's & in 2015 in MM he scored 9 or 10 trys. Knee injury in 2014 robbed him from playin 4 qld 16's & In 2015 an ankle injury robbed him playin 4 qld u/18's. Another name to remember iis Daniel Brownbill.

Sam Gee is joining the Easts Tigers in 2016

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • Howzat
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  • johnyE
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • Morkel
  • Bish
  • Morepudding
  • Fozz
  • john1420
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.