2017 Broncos Will Be Premiers If?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
JNik is a decet enough kick, would love to get him back for the #14 jersey.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Desire, hunger, determination may all be right answers...but they're so boring!

I'd love to hear more specifics, what games do the Broncos have to win? Which players have to step up? Overs and unders?

The game they have to win is the grand final.

Specific enough?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
And a decent goal kicker wouldn't go astray too. Will it be kahu this season?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Lose the Grand Final.

M Night Shamalaman twist: It was actually the other side that lost.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
If I had to say specifics, it would to limit defensive weakness in the run on team. Its seems to be the way we were caught out last year. Round 1 against the cowboys I'd be be playing offa in the run on with Simms on the bench (I'm assuming offa would be the better of the two. I'd have Glenn starting for thaiday too (think he'll be fitter than thaiday). Simms, thaiday, tevita and Marshall would be the bench. When the first two get fitter, swap them with glen offa. Kodi starts learning to play half in isc. Marshal can be used to rest a half, give options in attack like Jamie Lyons would as a creative centre or replace Boyd at fullback for Boyd to do that. Like wise Oates could be pushed into the forwards when it is done. Esesse fits into the mix, depending on fitness/form of others, same with arrow. Back line stays essentially the same ie Boyd fb, Roberts and kahu centres, with mead outside of Roberts and Oates partnering kahu for combinations. Just my 2 cents.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Desire, hunger, determination may all be right answers...but they're so boring!

I'd love to hear more specifics, what games do the Broncos have to win? Which players have to step up? Overs and unders?
James Roberts needs to score exactly 13 tries. not a penny more or less.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
what games do the Broncos have to win?

Ideally we want to finish top two for a week off and a home prelim, which only allows for about six losses.

Breaking the season into thirds, the games that stick out the most to me are highlighted red.

1-11
12-19
20-26
Sharks (a)Warriors (a)Bulldogs
CowboysRoosters (a)Eels (a)
Storm (a)RabbitohsTitans (a)
Raiders
BYE
Sharks
Bulldogs (a)Raiders (a)Dragons
RoostersStormEels
Titans
BYE
Cowboys (a)
Rabbitohs (a)Knights (a)
Panthers
Sea Eagles "a"
Wests Tigers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I've looked over H2H results home and away on Rugby League Project and basically confirmed what I thought:
  • Last win against the Warriors at Mt Smart that was scheduled during the Origin period was 2006
  • Last win against the Storm at Suncorp that was scheduled during the Origin period was 2005
  • Last win against the Cowboys in Townsville was 2013; lost 7 of the last 8 outings
Choose your next three danger games from that lot.

Edit: sorry about the awful table formatting, I don't know how to change it.

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
If they can beat the storm and cowboys

Absolutely... So very true that... We could have put the Cowboys to the sword in 2 games last year but they somewhat predictably ran us down in those games. I'm hoping their loss off James Tamou (and if one of our big young forwards can rise) we may be able to put the Cows away earlier and harder than ever before. I think we will win our first game against them this year. Am pissed that we have to play them a week out from the finals, that is just bullshit! I don't want to see us having to put EVERYTHING into a game a week before the finals like we always do when we play those bastards. Depending on where we are on the ladder we should just basically forget about that game, rest up and get serious the next week. Though Wayne would never have that as he likes to sharpen the Broncos sword leading into the finals for good reason.

As for our bogey team the Storm... yeah... I dunno... Are those boys ever gonna slow down? We beat em well last year, would be nice to hammer them this year like they always do to us. How would we do that?.. I don't know.

All I know is it's a new season and the Broncos have got a very handy line up, a good coach and a fresh start. I can't wait!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Before the Ben Hunt signing, I was quietly confident of the Broncos chances against the Cowboys and Storm.

Brisbane haven't lost to the Cowboys at Suncorp since 2012 and even then it was in the last minute. They're always close games, but you'd have to lean towards the Broncos.

Meanwhile Brisbane have a decent record as of late in Melbourne and I get the feeling the Storm won't get off to a great start. Their opening two games are against teams they tend to struggle against in Canterbury & New Zealand. Both of those are away games, so I can see them dropping one (probably the NZ game since their Round 1 record is ridiculously good).

But I've seen teams really go off the boil once their star halfback signs elsewhere. We'll have to see how they perform against Cronulla to get a gauge.

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
Before the Ben Hunt signing, I was quietly confident of the Broncos chances against the Cowboys and Storm.

Brisbane haven't lost to the Cowboys at Suncorp since 2012 and even then it was in the last minute. They're always close games, but you'd have to lean towards the Broncos.

Meanwhile Brisbane have a decent record as of late in Melbourne and I get the feeling the Storm won't get off to a great start. Their opening two games are against teams they tend to struggle against in Canterbury & New Zealand. Both of those are away games, so I can see them dropping one (probably the NZ game since their Round 1 record is ridiculously good).

But I've seen teams really go off the boil once their star halfback signs elsewhere. We'll have to see how they perform against Cronulla to get a gauge.
I'm actually thinking Hunt will have a great year for us. From what we've heard he is working harder than ever and he has Benji in his ear. He also must realise that he is unlikely to win a premiership with the Dragons and now that he's made a decision he might just play with freedom and a clear mind.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behold
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • PETERN
  • The Boss
  • Wolfie
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • maddo
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.