2017 Broncos Will Be Premiers If?

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
I look back at the 1st final we beat the Cowboys in 2015. At the game I remember our attitude and line speed which is a window into spirit / dressing room...I always felt there was a an element of shit in the sheds last year, whether it was Wayne towelling another bird and may have lost focus, milf not playing for Samoa (I know your big on this Pete), parker being moved on..McGuire ratting dudes out and blowing up... just too much crap which explains some blow outs IMO. Other stuff:
- min 2 middle forwards to have breakout seasons (nothing new there)
- I feel some squad players are better quality this year notwithstanding the holes left by Parker and Wallace but we've gained in other areas where we've ditched maranta and picked up mead. Oates may move to interchange / edge forward where he should be the best forward we've had on the pine in years... should he play there

Broncos premiers ....lord hear our prayer

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
Before the Ben Hunt signing, I was quietly confident of the Broncos chances against the Cowboys and Storm.

Brisbane haven't lost to the Cowboys at Suncorp since 2012 and even then it was in the last minute. They're always close games, but you'd have to lean towards the Broncos.

Meanwhile Brisbane have a decent record as of late in Melbourne and I get the feeling the Storm won't get off to a great start. Their opening two games are against teams they tend to struggle against in Canterbury & New Zealand. Both of those are away games, so I can see them dropping one (probably the NZ game since their Round 1 record is ridiculously good).

But I've seen teams really go off the boil once their star halfback signs elsewhere. We'll have to see how they perform against Cronulla to get a gauge.

Yeah, it's a worry... I'd hope Hunt comes out as well rounded a halfback as he can muster this year. (The best he's ever been). I mean do they coach him? Does he work on his game in the off season? Absolutely... I want to see him kick to space. I want to see him start to make the right decisions more often. I want him to go out as a winner and put all this to bed before he goes. Imagine that.. Imagine if we win the premiership this year and hunt was a major part of it.. It would be the ultimate fairy tale for him, the Broncos and supporters at large.

I hope for his, the Broncos and the Dragons sake that he does not close up shop this year. It would remind me of a Rhonda Rousey type of situation. He would lose everyone's interest and may never find his confidence again.

My fingers are crossed for him. Tear em up Hunty.

Last edited:
Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
A couple of random questions for ya's:

Where do we rank when it comes to the speed of our backs? I would assume our backline is among the quickest in the comp. Am I wrong?

Next question:

Why did milford get banned from origin last year?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Sorry fellas, but Brisbane will not win the Grand Final in 2017.

The Titans will win their maiden premiership a long time before Brisbane ever win their seventh.

Chalk it up to sour grapes or whatever but I reckon the WWE is more believable than every NRL season since 2013.

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016

The Titans will win their maiden premiership a long time before Brisbane ever win their seventh.

Chalk it up to sour grapes or whatever but I reckon the WWE is more believable than every NRL season since 2013.

I'd doubt that mate. We may not win it but highly doubt it will be the titans holding the trophy.

I actually think they could be the new north Sydney bears (assuming they last that long)....if you don't get the monkey off the back early in your history then your talking decades to win it...possibly never

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Your foolish if you believe we won't win the premiership, Titans sure they have Hayne but their halves are next to rookies, their backs are very average and the forward pack isn't consistent.

We have a bloody gun side all the way across the park. Sure we lack experience but if our players step up and play to their potential we can win this premiership.

P.s We ain't 1 of the best backed sides in the nrl through betting, for the premiership for nothing.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/the...n/news-story/b930b729ac761abecad63aa77bc6e464

Going off the best 17 for each team - the Raiders, Panthers, Tigers, Warriors and Parra are all up there in terms of speed, with Milford, Roberts and Mead being our fastest guys.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/sta...l/news-story/9b64c17b53667e1b46ae60e5f96cc22f

Hunt and a bunch of others were banned for breaking curfew during the Emerging Origin camp.
Not to mention Oates in that lineup of our fastest players

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017

Ya frikken me out man.. rigged you say?.. I wouldn't be surprised what with fairytales for rabs, cows and sharks in the last 3 years.. Who's due now?.. Probs give one to Parra no doubt. Gotta keep the comp interesting an all. I'd never watch RL again if I ever found out it was rigged to that extent, I mean why would anybody?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Ya frikken me out man.. rigged you say?.. I wouldn't be surprised what with fairytales for rabs, cows and sharks in the last 3 years.. Who's due now?.. Probs give one to Parra no doubt. Gotta keep the comp interesting an all. I'd never watch RL again if I ever found out it was rigged to that extent, I mean why would anybody?

It's not rigged.

It's just run by amateurs. NRL Headquarters, the judiciary, refs.

But, the teams that have won in the past three years were deserved winners.

Souths had been building a premiership side for years before they became premiers in 2014.

We deserved it more than the Cowboys, but they took advantage of our **** up. They didn't receive any favourable treatment, none more than us anyway. We got a lot of questionable calls go our way in 2015.

Sharks are the same as the Rabbitohs, they had been building for years. They played a power game that no other team could cope with when it was at it's best. They always had the potential to play like they did in 2016, but they never had the halves or the backline. They recruited well in crucial positions and got rewarded for it.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I think a massive thing that needs to happen is for us to win those close games and be able to really finish off the tight ones. The games we lost against the cowboys last year and in 2015 were a big example of games we had in the bag and just couldnt close out. And there are several more last year I can recall where we were in the box seat and just couldn't win it.

I don't know exactly what has to be done or if I think comes down to experience or confidence but winning those close ones can be the difference between making the top four or not. I remember back to the Lockyer days and even 2015 (excluding the grand final) and I always found the best way to gauge how we were going was if we were holding onto our two/four point leads or coming down from a four point deficit in the last 10 minutes and winning.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I believe Mccullough needs to stand up and take more control. He needs to be bit more of a playmaker for the Broncos to win

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Yeah I think that's definitely a big part of it. We've got a whole range of guys now who are around that 27-28 year old range and should be in there prime including McCullough. Would be good to see him control he last ten minutes of play and call some shots like Cameron smith does.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • mrslong
  • OXY-351
  • Mustafur
  • Tmac
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.