2017 Line-Ups

As much as I hated the pea heart of Norman when he was here I think he has become a seriously good footballer especially in the last half of last season and what he has played this season. I think he has the size and power coupled with the skills to play 6 for QLD. Not sure how he will go but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kev give him a shot...

It'll be Milford for sure. Norman the smokey.

Hopefully they pick Norman. The less Broncos players for origin, the better. Sick of that shit ruining our season every year.

Is this the latest thing is it?

I posted this less than 5 minutes after the initial information came out on twitter, which indicated that he would miss the origin series and potentially the season. Which has since been revised to just missing the origin series.

Is this the latest thing is it?

I posted this less than 5 minutes after the initial information came out on twitter, which indicated that he would miss the origin series and potentially the season. Which has since been revised to just missing the origin series.
Was just curious if you had information that I didn't have, because all I saw after a quick search was "may miss origin".
There's no thing BTW, I was genuinely curious if you heard some rumours that indicated otherwise :)

We'll find out Monday I guess.

Was just curious if you had information that I didn't have, because all I saw after a quick search was "may miss origin".
There's no thing BTW, I was genuinely curious if you heard some rumours that indicated otherwise :)

We'll find out Monday I guess.

This was the first tweet I saw on the subject matter, I figured 7 news was a pretty reliable source considering the info probably came directly from Chris Garry.

Also, I just assumed your "Source?" comment was you just being a dick as SF said the identical thing to me in the Injury Discussion thread, apologies if you weren't.

Nah mate, the only time I look to have a go at people is if they insult Justin Hodges. We're cool :)

Milford too shit defensively, can't believe no love for hunt, he's played for Australia I'm sure he would do fine.

surely we
surely we have a better middle forward rotation than wallace, maguire, napa, thaiday, lillyman, papalii, and kaufusi? maybe not time to flick lillyman and myles.
Nate Myles should never set foot in the origin arena again, most overrated forward

Hopefully they pick Norman. The less Broncos players for origin, the better. Sick of that shit ruining our season every year.

To be honest, I think it could be good for Milford, and in turn good for the Broncos if they pick him...provided he doesn't shit it up, of course. Who knows, if they don't pick him, he might get in that depressed mood again and go back to shit form.

Nate Myles should never set foot in the origin arena again, most overrated forward

He's been one of the all time great QLD players throughout his career. Now when it comes to club form then sure, he's never particularly delivered. But he was never bad for QLD, and often one of our best.

It shouldn't matter. The offence was far more serious than what those emerging players did.

When they banned those players, they kept saying the players need to be responsible. They need to make smart choices and that they are protecting the QRL brand. The values they keep going on about every single year, by letting Papalii play this year they are just throwing all of that out the window.

His punishment from both the Raiders and the court was a joke. Nearly three times the legal limit, driving erratically endangering the lives of others and he cops $1000 and an 8 month suspension. I've copped worse for less.

Kevvie's comments also doesn't sit too well with me. It seems as though they are just trying to downplay the seriousness of his offence.

Anyway, here is the article.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/f6edf63c9fcdd4c3951c12398b9642f5

I see your point but he turned himself in didn't he? That's the big mitigation. Second agree was a Canberra problem for them to deal with their responsibility and they took the piss literally. Already lost an Australian jersey as well. Don't see where Queensland should get involved months after the fact.

He's been one of the all time great QLD players throughout his career. Now when it comes to club form then sure, he's never particularly delivered. But he was never bad for QLD, and often one of our best.
No doubt Myles has been great for Qld over his career, but didn't he play like 10 minutes a game last year? Doesn't seem like a player Kevvie has trust in.

I'm actually not so sure we can cover the loss of JT, Scott and GI.

No doubt Myles has been great for Qld over his career, but didn't he play like 10 minutes a game last year? Doesn't seem like a player Kevvie has trust in.
He's clearly past it now, but it shouldn't affect his overall standing as a Maroons great IMO. I was only responding to the "most overrated" claim.

I'm actually not so sure we can cover the loss of JT, Scott and GI.
I think we could cover the loss of GI, as we have a number of quality outside backs to choose from. JT is a huge blow. Only positive from that is he'd be gone next year anyway, and it gives us one or two games as an audition to pick a replacement for next year. Scott is just as big a blow, except we don't even have anyone to replace him. Papalii will likely play up front now. And I have a feeling it's a few years until the next Origin ready batch of props comes through.

Agree Norman was a little b**** at Broncs but has been single handedly keeping a sinking ship upright for a year now. He's in very good form and should hold up in defence. As much as love to give Milford a go can't see how he could handle the defence for more than 20 minutes at best. Cherry Evans is a flat track bully at club and at origin would be our version of Mitchell Pearce. Morgan should be thanking his lucky stars to be a waterboy on current form. Fortunately Cronk and Smith should be able to outplay NSW playmakers as long as QLD limit selection mistakes to a passenger at 6 like Morgan rather than a saboteur like Cherry Evans. If pick Morgan at 6 then could chance Milford as a supersub or given shortages in big props a 4 forward bench would be ok if find someone who can cover centre? Or carry Oates as a back reserve slip him on the wing if injury or lock in last 20 for fresh legs but not sure how much he would add in the middle in defence or attack.

On other topic Holmes did his best to play himself out of an origin jersey thought on Friday. A couple of strong carries but too many errors and found out in defence.

Active Now

• Huge
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Browny
  • Fitzy
  • heartly87
  • Alec
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • BooKhaki
  • Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Emanon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.