2017 Line-Ups

I'm not convinced Oates will be replaced by Holmes. The Qld selectors are fiercely loyal and I don't think Kevvie is going to drop a guy who did the job last year simply because Holmes is now not suspended. I think he will want to send a message that one stuff up can make you lose your chance if you aren't careful or delay your chance indefinitely.

Oates hasn't been going bad enough to warrant dropping.

I wouldn't have Boyd in the side either, but the fact he doesn't make 10 runs a game isn't a factor. When you've got the likes of Woods, Fifita and Klemmer in your side, you really don't need another workhorse. All that's required is somebody who is going to make the most of their time on the field, which in this day and age will likely only be 20 minutes.

Even if despite making 6 less runs he's also averaging less metres per run on top of that? If you're a prop only taking 8 hit-ups a game, you better damn well be averaging 10 metres or more per run.

I'm not convinced Oates will be replaced by Holmes. The Qld selectors are fiercely loyal and I don't think Kevvie is going to drop a guy who did the job last year simply because Holmes is now not suspended. I think he will want to send a message that one stuff up can make you lose your chance if you aren't careful or delay your chance indefinitely.

and at Origin level he won't have Moga inside him butchering chances

Unbreakable said:
Even if despite making 6 less runs he's also averaging less metres per run on top of that? If you're a prop only taking 8 hit-ups a game, you better damn well be averaging 10 metres or more per run.

Numbers really don't phase me when it comes to selection. If they did, Nate Myles would never have received a look into the team. And really when the figure is as low as 30cm, it really isn't make or break.

He wouldn't make my team, but I can live with others including him in theirs.

Numbers really don't phase me when it comes to selection. If they did, Nate Myles would never have received a look into the team. And really when the figure is as low as 30cm, it really isn't make or break.

He wouldn't make my team, but I can live with others including him in theirs.

If we were talking about an incumbent I would agree, but we're talking about blooding a rookie who would barely be in the top 25 props in the game statistically speaking, not exactly kicking the door down. Prop is about the only position that NSW have locked down, they pretty much have to pick Woods, Klemmer, Fifita & Vaughan. Those 4 players are so far ahead of every other potential NSW prop statistically speaking that it's not even funny.

Just going by the rumours. It kinda makes sense too, seeing as Boyd will probably take the left wing.

Unbreakable said:
If we were talking about an incumbent I would agree, but we're talking about blooding a rookie who would barely be in the top 25 props in the game statistically speaking, not exactly kicking the door down.

I wouldn't call a guy who represented his country a rookie. In fact, that's why he's in the conversation in the first place since he performed really well at that level.

Boyd is ordinary IMO. Had a nice purple pach of form a year or so ago, but hasn't been particularly impressive otherwise. Still better than going with too many back rowers though IMO, particularly as they have a great opportunity to really get on top of QLD through the middle.

I wouldn't call a guy who represented his country a rookie.

Let's get Chris Lawrence in the team while we're at it. :barf:

Whatever, agree to disagree, I genuinely hope they pick him, it'll be a massive boost for our chances if they do. This is the NSW team I would pick if I wanted to win this series whilst also keeping an eye on the future.

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Josh Dugan
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Blake Ferguson
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aaron Woods
9. Nathan Peats
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Wade Graham
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Tyson Frizell

14. Matt Moylan
15. David Klemmer
16. Paul Vaughan
17. Jake Trbojevic

I think he might be dropped to accommodate Boyd, whom might move for Slater.
On the other hand, he's certainly handy to start a set, given how "thin" we are in the forwards...

I think one guy that deserves a call up to the NSW side is Jack de Belin.

I have a feeling Boyd will play at left centre.

He has played at centre before for the Broncos in 2008, so it's not a foreign position to him. This would allow us to keep Oates on the wing and have that player at the back that can get our sets off to a good start which was one of the reasons why Inglis was there.

I think one guy that deserves a call up to the NSW side is Jack de Belin.

You could make an argument that he deserves a bench spot over Jake Trbojevic for sure, I think NSW selectors have a hard-on for the Trbojevic brothers though.

I have a feeling Boyd will play at left centre.

He has played at centre before for the Broncos in 2008, so it's not a foreign position to him. This would allow us to keep Oates on the wing and have that player at the back that can get our sets off to a good start which was one of the reasons why Inglis was there.

I highly doubt Boyd will play centre. Oates will miss out. Holmes will replace him.

I think he might be dropped to accommodate Boyd, whom might move for Slater.
On the other hand, he's certainly handy to start a set, given how "thin" we are in the forwards...

But even if Boyd does move, which I think he will, given Inglis is out, Gagai probably goes to centre and it still leaves the other wing, hence I think Oates gets it.

I suppose we could do worse than below. I kinda feel like Boyd should be FB but I'll be ok with this.

FB. Slater
W. Oates, Holmes
C. Boyd, Gagai

I suppose we could do worse than below. I kinda feel like Boyd should be FB but I'll be ok with this.

FB. Slater
W. Oates, Holmes
C. Boyd, Gagai

We know Boyd can throw a decent pass right to left so keen for Boyd and Oates to partner on the left.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BooKhaki
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.