2017 Line-Ups

I'd start Munster and have Morgan on the bench, but not too fussed

Big job for Cronk, but he's good enough.

Sadly, Greg Inglis has admitted himself into a mental health facility due to depression.

Nine Sports news.

Wallace will be the Hooker for NSW and B.Morris will be on the wing (Replacing Trbojevic) according to Badel.

He also says that Thurston is in MASSIVE doubt for Game 1, he will be named, but is unlikely to play. Morgan will start with Milford or Munster coming on to the bench.

I don't understand the Wallace pick. Surely you transition to a younger bloke or keep the bloke that has been there the last 5 years. Wallace is alright but his defence in the middle is terrible. QLD make metres for fun running at him. Brett Morris doesn't scare you either

The team NSW probably should go with:

1. Tedesco
2. Fergusen
3. Roberts
4. Hayne
5. Hopoate
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Boyd
11. Cordner
12. Graham
13. Frizell

14. Moylan
15. Fifita
16. Klemmer
17. Crichton

Here is who they probably will go with:

1. Moylan
2. Tedesco
3. Dugan
4. Jennings
5. Fergusen
6. Hayne
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Wallace
10. Fifita
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. Farah
15. Klemmer
16. Tolman
17. Campbell-Gillard

The team NSW probably should go with:

1. Tedesco
2. Fergusen
3. Roberts
4. Hayne
5. Hopoate
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Boyd
11. Cordner
12. Graham
13. Frizell

14. Moylan
15. Fifita
16. Klemmer
17. Crichton

Here is who they probably will go with:

1. Moylan
2. Tedesco
3. Dugan
4. Jennings
5. Fergusen
6. Hayne
7. Maloney
8. Woods
9. Wallace
10. Fifita
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. Farah
15. Klemmer
16. Tolman
17. Campbell-Gillard

Hayne at 6?

I would prefer Dugan to be picked at fullback rather than centre. He had a classy game at centre for Australia and could be a handful. I don't think he has the same potency at fullback.

Interesting line-up Sproj.

What's the thought process behind Hopoate, Cleary, Boyd & Crichton?

Mal on qlders only tonight said he feels morgans position at rep level is the 14 bench utility.

Went on to say if Thurston is injured then he brings in milf.

Was a little suprised to find out he thinks that way.

Interesting line-up Sproj.

What's the thought process behind Hopoate, Cleary, Boyd & Crichton?

Cleary is their best halfback prospect and could learn from Maloney. NSW need to start planning ahead. That said, I completely forgot Bird.

Boyd is a gun prop, he is quality up front and with 20 to go.

Crichton is just a total gun in the making, he is going to be something special.

I can cop Cleary & Crichton, but that's a G-up, have you watched the Raiders this year? Boyd has been crap. His averages this year speak absolute volumes to his performances -

Shannon Boyd - 42.1 minutes - 8.7 runs, 84.8 metres, 23.4 tackles, 1.9 missed, 0.7 tackle breaks.

Let's compare that to someone who you left out of your team, like Vaughan..

Paul Vaughan - 48.1 minutes - 14.7 runs, 151.6 metres, 29.8 tackles, 0.7 missed, 2.3 tackle breaks.

You know what stats don't show? The effectiveness of the run. What kind of impact it had. A prop could make 1 run for 30 metres, but that could be due to a defender slipping over and leaving a hole in the line.

Cleary is their best halfback prospect and could learn from Maloney. NSW need to start planning ahead. That said, I completely forgot Bird.

Crichton is just a total gun in the making, he is going to be something special.

They're bold picks, I don't know if I would be as hasty but they're interesting choices none the less.

The one I had the hardest time reconciling was Hopoate. Was there any particular reason why you thought he deserved a recall? Outside of his debut, he didn't really set the world on fire...Don't you think an Anthony Don, Brett Morris, Latrell Mitchell (if you're thinking ahead) be more deserving?

They're bold picks, I don't know if I would be as hasty but they're interesting choices none the less.

The one I had the hardest time reconciling was Hopoate. Was there any particular reason why you thought he deserved a recall? Outside of his debut, he didn't really set the world on fire...Don't you think an Anthony Don, Brett Morris, Latrell Mitchell (if you're thinking ahead) be more deserving?

Don maybe but just seems like another Turner type pick to me for some reason, though that is probably unfair.

Morris could still do ok but NSW needs to move beyond ok now and they have some pretty good talent to choose from in the backs.

Mitchell would be one for the future but he just hasn't shown he wants it enough for my liking, I think he needs to be made to work for it.

I did actually forget Bird, so throw him in the backs instead of Hopoate and do a re-shuffle. Hopoate was kind of there by default as if Mansour was available, he'd be first picked in a NSW side.

You know what stats don't show? The effectiveness of the run. What kind of impact it had. A prop could make 1 run for 30 metres, but that could be due to a defender slipping over and leaving a hole in the line.

We've been over this before, it's called sample size. 1-2 oddities which result in easy metres don't change season averages by much at all, certainly not enough to account for 6 less runs and 70 less metres per game in similar minutes.

I wouldn't have Boyd in the side either, but the fact he doesn't make 10 runs a game isn't a factor. When you've got the likes of Woods, Fifita and Klemmer in your side, you really don't need another workhorse. All that's required is somebody who is going to make the most of their time on the field, which in this day and age will likely only be 20 minutes.

So looks like we'll still have Oates and Milford available?

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.