2017 Line-Ups

If only Gagai could defend, Kevie had no other choice.

Swap Gagai and O'Neill for their clubs, and O'Neill would be even worse.

Hypothetically that may or may not be the case, but the reality of the situation is that O'Neil is the better all-round player.

If Guerra is picked it would be one of the worst picks of recent memory considering the other options.

Cooper, Hess and McQueen all going better than Guerra.

Getting sick of Lillyman as well. Wallace or Bolton could do that job way better.

Last edited:
If Guerra is picked it would be one of the worst picks of recent memory considering the other options.

Cooper, Hess and McQueen all going better than Guerra.

Getting sick of Lillyman as well. Wallace or Bolton could do that job way better.

McQueen is no longer eligible.

O'Neil over Gagai is silly. Gagai has been in origin before, and he's shown he can be excellent at that level. O'Neil won't let anyone down, but he's just not in the same class.

O'Neil over Gagai is silly. Gagai has been in origin before, and he's shown he can be excellent at that level. O'Neil won't let anyone down, but he's just not in the same class.

Except O'Neil has actually played right centre for Queensland before and held his own. Gagai still has the tendancy to arm-grab and struggles defensively in that role.

Gagai + Holmes >>>>>> O'Neill + Gagai

Just my opinion. But it's also true.

Holmes will get his shot eventually, but for now O'Neil and Gagai did enough to earn a recall.

I'm petrified by the people who are bad mouthing Lillyman, do we not remember Game 3 - 2015? That was one of the great QLD bench forward performances, and he's in good form for the Warriors, there's absolutely no reason not to pick him, especially considering we're lacking experience after the loss of Parker, Scott & possibly Myles. He's a 13 game veteran for us.

I'm petrified by the people who are bad mouthing Lillyman, do we not remember Game 3 - 2015? That was one of the great QLD bench forward performances, and he's in good form for the Warriors, there's absolutely no reason not to pick him, especially considering we're lacking experience after the loss of Parker, Scott & possibly Myles. He's a 13 game veteran for us.

Absolutely right about Lillyman! I've been wanting an injection of youth for years now but with the injuries, unavailability, etc, that's going to happen anyway. So you need to keep as much experience in the forward pack as you can this year.

Next year we will come back to the field considerably with possibly/probably no more JT, Cronk, Slater, Thaiday, Myles, GI. Stick with the guys who have done it year in, year out now.

And of course never, ever pick DCE, even if he is the last half standing.

What more does James Roberts have to do to get selected ... It has been reported that Hayne and Dugan will be the centers for NSW ...

It is great news for QLD that the NSW selectors are still intent on giving them a helping hand

1 Boyd
2 Oates
3 Chambers
4 Gagai
5 Holmes
6 Thurston / Milford
7 Cronk
8 Wallace
9 Smith
10 McGuire
11 Papalii
12 Gillette
13 Lowe
14 Milford / Morgan
15 Napa
16 Hess
17 Thaiday
I like this team with the exception of Gagai... he was terrible yesterday and has been for most of the season. Probably get booed down here, but i think Ricky Leutele would be a good fit... a genuine centre who defends well, can score a try, and has played consistently well for the past few seasons. He reminds me of an Adam Mogg, or Clint Shick kind of selection if it ever happened... a bit of wtf, but then perform well any way. I like the idea of moving on from Myles as well, as good as he's been its time to move on. 2001 we were bold coming off of a loss, but thats probably easy. this time we need to be bold even while we're winning otherwise momentum will be lost.
Also agree with no Slater. I think a tough choice has to be made and I don't agree with the easy out of picking Slater and putting Boyd on the wing.. for me its one or the other whoever it is. A soft out here actually weakens us because I think Holmes and Oates on the wings is a better option than Boyd and holmes/oates on the wing. Darius won't get our sets started in the same way that these two can. Reality should be who suits the team better at fullback - Darius form, or Slaters combos, either way grow a pair and make a call Kevie.
Lock is a tough one, and Lowe wouldn't be the worse call. Its a shame Grevshmul lost his way, he could be a good fit. I think Felise Kaufusi has been good too, but maybe thats enough new faces for now unless its forced on.

Lillyman goes like a busted every year for the Warriors and comes in and kills it for QLD. Not sure him starting though. Bloke is loose around the ruck
Kills it is an exaggeration... he does a great job, but he's never killed it... he's mostly a plodder that fills a role, I won't miss him.. its time to move on

Justin O'Neill and Aiden Guerra - When loyalty goes too far.
think you can add Gagai to that as well... he will be better with class players around him, but he's a deadset pea heart for Knights and shouldn't be a walk up start. I'm over the whole loyalty and incumbency thing.. good deserving players who would do as good a job miss out because of it. I think if two players going equally well then sure, go incumbent, but otherwise should be form.

think you can add Gagai to that as well... he will be better with class players around him, but he's a deadset pea heart for Knights and shouldn't be a walk up start. I'm over the whole loyalty and incumbency thing.. good deserving players who would do as good a job miss out because of it. I think if two players going equally well then sure, go incumbent, but otherwise should be form.

You are joking about Gagai aren't you? He's basically been man of the match or close to in every origin he's played thus far.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.