2017 New Captain

I think Boyd at captain is the most logical choice. Being the current Australian and Queensland fullback, he demands respect and is someone whose actions lead by example. The team seam to enjoy playing with him, and being out the back, he can bark orders and tell the team where to be and what needs to done.

Also, I think Hunt needs to be given a more senior leadership role though. He needs ownership of the team, and if being a leader amongst the team gives him that ownership, then that's best for the team. If being viewed as a leader lets him wrestle back control of the team from Milford, who this season, seemed to step on Hunt's toes a bit, than it's only a positive moving forward. As I've said before, Milford needs to play a supporting and complementing role to Hunt rather than trying to be chief playmaker.

Boyd looks to be the obvious choice based on this years performance and his apparent leadership qualities but the guy has just come thorough some dark times... If he feels that the added pressure of captaincy might be too much then he'll refuse the offer.And if he does no one can blame him.

He's just gotten himself right and playing IMO the best footy of his career so as long as he can keep that up I'll be happy.
If he can captain aswell, sweet.

Boyd looks to be the obvious choice based on this years performance and his apparent leadership qualities but the guy has just come thorough some dark times... If he feels that the added pressure of captaincy might be too much then he'll refuse the offer.And if he does no one can blame him.

He's just gotten himself right and playing IMO the best footy of his career so as long as he can keep that up I'll be happy.
If he can captain aswell, sweet.

If he gets ask and he declines the offer.
Who do u rekin will be the next choice McCullough? maybe

Darius Boyd for mine. He would be a superb captain - I've been hoping he would end up with the (c) next to his name since the day he signed.

I also think Hunt should be named vice-captain and should be the captain when Boyd is on Origin duty. McCullough doesn't go the full 80 consistently and Thaiday is at the back end of his career. That counts against them. For a team like us that often doesn't win the tight moments lately we absolutely need our skipper on the field for the entire game.

Darius Boyd for mine. He would be a superb captain - I've been hoping he would end up with the (c) next to his name since the day he signed.

I also think Hunt should be named vice-captain and should be the captain when Boyd is on Origin duty. McCullough doesn't go the full 80 consistently and Thaiday is at the back end of his career. That counts against them. For a team like us that often doesn't win the tight moments lately we absolutely need our skipper on the field for the entire game.

Yes a captain that is on the field the whole time would be good.

I suggest you peruse the rules. There is a link at the top of the forum.

I had been spelling it wrong, do you see what I did I said 'I don't reckon it does' I spelt it wright it was a bit of a joke

If Boyd isn't captain, to me its a non-issue really. He'll still do his job on the field professionally with, our without the 'C' next to his name. His role won't change and he'll still be an important member of the team regardless. Boyd's always been a player who enjoys being away from the spot light, just going about his business. Perhaps he'd prefer to stay away from the captaincy for those exact reasons, but no doubt he'd be viewed as a leader within the club, and he'd definitely be an on-field presence the rest of the playing group turn to.

Was hoping Hunt would step up and be ready by now but clearly he didn't and isn't. Boyd seems the best choice. Unfortunately seems to be shortage of good leadership candidates, probably a big factor in the way the season progressed. Need to get a strong core group trained to be leaders if we don't have the natural leaders we used to.

I had been spelling it wrong, do you see what I did I said 'I don't reckon it does' I spelt it wright it was a bit of a joke

Reckon shouldn't have even been used then. It should have been 'I don't believe it does'

Last edited:
I think Boyd should be captain and I hope he is. He has been an unbelievable player/ fullback this year. Like Parker very unlikely to be involved in any off field grub behaviour.
Obviously don't know the bloke personally, but to pull himself up by the bootstraps mentally and physically shows to me someone with a strong character.

I think Boyd should be captain and I hope he is. He has been an unbelievable player/ fullback this year. Like Parker very unlikely to be involved in any off field grub behaviour.
Obviously don't know the bloke personally, but to pull himself up by the bootstraps mentally and physically shows to me someone with a strong character.

Yeah he's very mentally strong to come back from something so hard being 'depression' and have a stonker of a year shows how mentally strong he is.
If he does get picked I hope what happened the other night doesn't effect the way he comes out next season.

He managed to get us back into the game with the set up for the Oates try.

Active Now

• lakers133334
  • Morkel
  • BroncoFan94
  • heartly87
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosarethebest
  • eggstar10
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • Painin the Haas
  • Jazza
  • azza.79
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Kev_Guz
  • Alec
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.