2017 New Captain

Boyd looks to be the standout at the moment.

However, I'd give it to McCullough, not just because he's my favourite player, but because he is rarely injured (except this year) or suspended & probably has missed the Origin boat, so will most likely be available for all our games & training sessions throughout the season.

fair point, but it'd be tough to get half an int'l/SOO squad to run out behind someone who last repp'd qld residents or jnr Roos or whatever...

Reading Parker's book and he said he was told at the start he was only captain for 2016.

Reading Parker's book and he said he was told at the start he was only captain for 2016.
Yeah buzz rothfield spoke about this yesterday on 2gb I think it was. I'm not surprised tbh

McCullough or Boyd. Boyd does seem like the best candidate but wish there was someone better we could give it to. Someone who loves the club and has been here a long time and doesn't just follow Bennett wherever he goes.

IIRC Boyd never wanted to leave in the first place. The Broncos told bim he wasn't wanted so Wayne offered him a spot at the Dragons.

That really only means one thing, Boyd is captain next season, as he said during this off-season that he wasn't quite ready for the responsibility, I dare say he is now.

That really only means one thing, Boyd is captain next season, as he said during this off-season that he wasn't quite ready for the responsibility, I dare say he is now.

And after a really good season of which he has had I reckon he will as well.

Boyd to captain is a no brainer. The only other contender is Macca and while i do like macca i think he needs to improve his own game a little more before being burdened by the captaincy.

Boyds come a hell of a long way off the field in teh last couple of years. I think he will bring the squad together.

Was reading somewhere how Lockyer wants McCullough or Hunt to be captain next season.

Even though Bennet has basically said That Boyd will be.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Rough and Ready
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Manifesto
  • LittleDavey
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • ParraMania
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • Fatboy
  • Browny
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Broncosarethebest
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.