2017 Predictions

What makes you say that? They lost Blake Green, Kevin Proctor, Marika Koroibete & Ben Hampton and didn't add anyone of note, and now they'll face the issue of trying to incorporate the corpse of Billy Slater in to the spine, assuming he plays. Not to mention an extra year on the bodies of Smith & Cronk.

I think they'll be considerably worse than last year, especially during the regular season. I'm still predicting them making it deep in to the finals, but it won't be from a top 2 seed.

Yeah. I wonder if the Storm wish Billy was retired. Munster has been outstanding at fullback.

I think the Eels will do very well this year. Looked the goods last year till all those problems, don't think they have lost any players have they?
Also don't mind the Panthers for a great year as well as the Raiders. Then the usual suspects, the storm, Cowboys and roosters.

Surely McGregor will be gone by week 6.

As for the Broncs, I hope they play well of course but gee I just don't see it this year. I think we may struggle to make the eight, I really hope I'm wrong though.

I think the Eels will do very well this year. Looked the goods last year till all those problems, don't think they have lost any players have they?
Also don't mind the Panthers for a great year as well as the Raiders. Then the usual suspects, the storm, Cowboys and roosters.

Surely McGregor will be gone by week 6.

As for the Broncs, I hope they play well of course but gee I just don't see it this year. I think we may struggle to make the eight, I really hope I'm wrong though.

I find myself fearing exactly the same thing. It's been a fairly turbulent off season and the WCC was concerning, no one important looks like they are interested. Hopefully that changes next week.

Peats, Foran, Gordon, Wicks.

What makes you say that? They lost Blake Green, Kevin Proctor, Marika Koroibete & Ben Hampton and didn't add anyone of note, and now they'll face the issue of trying to incorporate the corpse of Billy Slater in to the spine, assuming he plays. Not to mention an extra year on the bodies of Smith & Cronk.

I think they'll be considerably worse than last year, especially during the regular season. I'm still predicting them making it deep in to the finals, but it won't be from a top 2 seed.

That's the thing with Melbourne.

They lose players, and then they just find a way to replace them and play just as good. They demand a very high standard from their players.

I wouldn't write them off from making top 2.

How many people expected them to do so well last year?

Cronk, while being a year older, is still fit as **** because of the extra work he does in the off-season. Smith, he seems to be getting better with age.

Slater won't play if he is just going to hold the team back.

That's the thing with Melbourne.

They lose players, and then they just find a way to replace them and play just as good. They demand a very high standard from their players.

I wouldn't write them off from making top 2.

How many people expected them to do so well last year?

Cronk, while being a year older, is still fit as **** because of the extra work he does in the off-season. Smith, he seems to be getting better with age.

Those one on one workouts with Tara must be his secret.

Their spine back together, one of the best young halves in Croft, Munster possibly in the centres or halves (with Croft off the bench), Addo-Carr in, their young forwards getting GF experience. I just reckon they'll be better off this year, as much as I loathe the club.

Although I've got Melbourne in my Top 4, I'm not sold on them as a premiership threat.

Before they were able to find their way the Melbourne Storm looked sluggish. Neither Smith nor Cronk were playing well and a lot of results came down to referee decisions and the calibre of the opposition. Specifically I'm referring to games like Round 1 vs St George, Round 3 vs Warriors, Round 5 vs Newcastle and Round 7 vs Wests. There was very little in those games and if calls had have gone the other way, I struggle to see Melbourne going on the run they did.

The real turning point for them last year was the Round 10 win over the Cowboys during the Suncorp Double Header. Melbourne took a lot of confidence out of that win and proceeded to win 9 out of their next 10 games, with the one loss being attributed to rep commitments.

With the loss of Koroibete, Green and Proctor, I don't expect Melbourne to be as comfortable and expect Smith & Cronk will continue to show the signs they did at the start of 2016.

I have a feeling the Dragons could find themselves in the 8 while Warriors really struggle to make it.

Dragons are just a completely different side this year.

Vaughan seems to have gone up a level since joining the Drags, and I was already a big fan at the Raiders. He'll lead them well.

1. Raiders
2. Storm
3. Broncos
4. Cowboys
5. Titans
6. Panthers
7. Sharks
8. Bulldogs

Premiers:
Broncos

Grand Finalists: Broncos vs Raiders

Clive Churchill Medal Winner: Darius Boyd

Dally M Medal Winner: Johnathan Thurston.

Most Improved Side: Knights

Worst Sliders: Sharks

State Of Origin: QLD 2-1

First Coach Sacked: Paul McGregor

Best Buy of the Year: I'll go for an outsider. Dave Taylor.

I don't get people tipping the Warriors to be in the top 4. Foran is only going to solve their halves issue.. They still have a lot more.

Not even fucking close.

The only predictions I got right was Broncos finishing 3rd and QLD winning Origin 2-1.

Wow, I was too lazy to even do one. Let this be a reminder to 2018 Morkel to do one so that I can laugh at me retrospectively.

tJ2ZhuE.gif

Premiership Ladder:
Storm
Bunnies
Cowboys
Warriors
Panthers
Raiders
Broncos
Chooks
Sharks
Dogs
Titans
Eels
Tigers
Sea Eagles
Knights
Dragons

Premiers: Warriors

Grand Finalists: Bunnies V Warriors

Clive Churchill Medal Winner: Shaun Johnson

Dally M Medal Winner: I literally have no idea on this one. It's such a lottery

Most Improved Side: Knights

Worst Sliders: Sharks

State Of Origin: QLD 2-1

First Coach Sacked: Jason Taylor or Barrett at a stretch but I don't see any coach being sacked during the season

Best Buy of the Year: Wobbie Farah

Let's see them.....
Re: Premiership list, I think the top 4 is roughly right as is the bottom 4. The middle, as usual, is a clusterfuck.

Couldn't find a predictions thread but if there is one already, feel free to merge.

The **** was I drinking when I made this......

Half a point for Taylor, Origin and the Storm right. That's about it. The Knights didn't improve their position on the ladder, but I thought they improved a lot.

WTF were you thinking, a Warriors vs Bunnies Grand Final, seriously? The Warriors must be due is used so often its comical.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.