2018 Dally M Awards

The dally m's are so flawed it's ridiculous. The last 5 years and 9/13 have all been cowboys or storm players. It's a popularity contest with news limited reporters. "But storm have been so dominant and Thurston is a freak", umm but we had 1 winner despite our dominance in the 90's shows how much they love our team, and those years the storm were so dominant they had a team nearly twice the salary cap of other teams...
No broncos player has in recent years but a broncos player will NEVER win a dally m as long as rothfield and co get to vote, guaranteed

Morgan has played good but i do not think he deserved dally m halfback of the year. How many games has he played halfback for cowboys anyway this year in total?

I was more confused as to how Rapana got winger of the year

Another thing that cracked me up was this `He finished ahead of Melbourne’s representative centre Will Chambers, Brisbane’s Tautau Moga and Sydney Roosters young gun Latrell Mitchell.' Now how the **** is Moga up there.

That's a very uninspired list of nominees. I could understand some of them getting there on the basis of just how valuable those tries were (Feldt, Sims & Rapana all kept their teams alive, or won them the game) but then they go ahead and throw the French try in.

Both Feldt and Rapana's efforts were impressive. It's tough to split them because Feldt ultimately won the Cowboys with his ability to get the ball to ground, but Rapana turned a poor kick into a try.

If the Big League award is anything to go by, Rapana polled a lot of MotM awards early and was thereabouts for the Raiders when they went on their run post-Origin. Semi had a better run home to the finals but his early to mid-season form cost him.

These were the nominees, take your pick as to which one was the best. My pick would be the Feldt try
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d/news-story/1934ba6d870e7a5dd3ef0ba8e20ba34b

Yeah, these guys definitely don't watch the NRL.

If you're talking match-winning tries, Roberts vs Titans was better. How often do you see the winning try scored from a charge down? And he had to beat several defenders.

Gavin Cooper vs Raiders.
Dylan Walker vs Roosters.
Moses Mbye vs Knights.
Konrad Hurrell vs Storm.

Those are all match-winning tries that were better than Feldt's.

It doesn't count but Gagai vs NSW Game II would be my pick of the bunch.

Look at the names involved. JT has to shake his arm to get some feeling before he passes the ball from dummy half, he goes to Smith, who finds Cronk, who finds Billy, Billy throws a risky pass to Morgan who takes it and somehow gets a ball away to Gagai who put himself in just the right spot to win it for Queensland.

That game has just gotten better in time and I would put it right up there with Game II 1989 and Game I 1994 as one of the best wins in Queensland history.

Hurrell's try maybe my favourite moment of the 2017 season. It was so rare to see a team rewarded for chancing their arm this year.

The voting finishes after rd 26 so cows finals series doesn't get taken into account, which means they were a team that scraped into the 8

Then there are even bigger questions marks on Morgan then.

This year is just 100% proof that these awards aren't worth caring about. It's quite obviously rigged to high heaven.

The controversial Dally M Awards may be over for another year ...

but there is still time to get your nominations in for the Awards everyone wants to get their hands on ... The prestigious BHQ Member Awards for 2017. follow the links below to have your say ... don't miss out

Banter/Discussion thread

Nominations survey

James Roberts 2017 stats.

26 games
18 tries
5 try assists
11 runs per game
124.11 metres per game
15 line breaks
2 line break assists
18 offloads
21 errors
107 tackle breaks
355 tackles
39 missed tackles

Dylan Walker 2017 stats.

25 games
13 tries
10 try assists
12.2 runs per game
109.2 metres per game
6 line breaks
0 line break assists
13 offloads
18 errors
80 tackles breaks
258 tackles
97 missed tackles

Roberts was more consistent over the course of the season.. How the **** did Walker get it ahead of him?

Do we even care about these awards?

Just seems like a NSW circle jerk
To me the issue is the value these awards hold when defining champion players ie when looking back at JT they'll be sure to mention the Dally Ms, Clive Churchills, premierships, origins, test matches, etc.

Just like every other facet of the NRL there must be theatre involved... and there always appears to be fingers in the pot to manufacture a result.

One of the things I noticed was the amount of players receiving votes despite being on the losing side. It's like the standard voting must be
3 influential player on the winning team
2 someone from losing team (at worst a high profile player
1 player from winning team

There was one game I happened to see the voting for and despite the losing team getting comprehensively beaten one of their players got 2 points. And I remembered thinking there was no way he was the second best player on the field.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Alec
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • The Boss
  • BRC088
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Skyblues87
  • Thelmus
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Jazza
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.