2018 NRL Grand Final - Roosters vs Storm

Lol... MUNSTERS IS NOT COMPARABLE TO ROBERTS IN THE SLIGHTEST. He kicked him IN THE HEAD, you undertand this? Roberts leg was also held onto. How is it even comparable?! And roberts tackle was in the paper for 3 days before the judicirary charged him, munsters has hardly been mentioned outside of by the fans...

And yes. Yes it is their fault for bringing it into our game. Or more specifically, bellamys. Other teams have to do it to keep up these days. I also blame the nrl for not stopping it but hey, the langer tackle is MUCH more dangerous then a crusher or cannon ball tackle im sure...

Mate, you have no perspective whatsoever.

So fair to say your original point wasn't too well thought through? Lacked clarity and prior history? High on Anti Storm ranting?

Smith has as many achievements as the rest of the them and would easily deserve a statue at Lang Park if they wanted.

For the record Smith 28 games for Norths- Beetson 54 for Dolphins. They both had nearly identical playing careers. Played here at the start then left.

Also I never said tipping the Bulldogs made someone an idiot, I said picking them without articulating a reason just said to me you counted NRL games and nothing else. If you knew what you were talking about you'd say I have watched these Bulldogs games this year and these Dolphins games and here is my reasoning.
It wasnt me you said it to, you never called them an idiot. You implied they knew nothing even though they didnt say a single thing about why they predicted it.

Wait a second, smith, a queenslander, played his reserve grade games in queensland? Thats suprising lol... he has played his entire TOP GRADE career in melbourne. Beetson played in the 70’s, forgive me but i dont remember the current team that plays 12 home games there a year playing at lang park, do you?

Yes he has achieved great things for queensland but like it or not brisbane broncos play 12 home games there a year, qld 1. It is the home of queensland rugby league but you wouldnt see england put up a statue of a manchester city legend at the front of old trafford just because of their achievements for england. This melbourne love simply because they have queenslanders playing for them is ridiculous, they are a victorian team that paints itself as a queenland team simply because it hasnt deceloped players in victoria in 20 years. Make no mistake, if the talent in victoria was good enough and we didnt benefit them theyd drop us and their state teams like a hot pie.

Mate, you have no perspective whatsoever.
Kicked... in... the... head....

Yep, i lack perspective... if your son got kicked in the head laying on the ground im sure youd be all for the player not getting suspended.

It's a bad article, and I don't really have a problem with the misdirection, but it's not going to help the club/player and journalism rift at all.

Please, if that was done in the eighties you'd probably get dropped from first grade for not doing it properly.

No doubt it was a grub act from a guy who is building a reputation for not being able to control himself but that was soft.
I don't think anyone from any team would have been suspended for that.
Blokes are getting 1 week, or early guilty plea, no suspension, from crusher tackles FFS. That is far more deserving of attention IMO.

Roberts was charged with contrary conduct instead of kicking so if he did the same thing now he would cop a fine and walk away.
When he was charged with contrary conduct instead of kicking the other forums went nuts with conspiracy theories about Broncs getting away with shit.

Hasn’t been the eighties for a while...

Man Cronk bought a ticket inside the storms heads, from Bellamy to smith, they were so focussed on him they forgot about everyone else. It was genius.
I hate the roosters and only wanted them to win to stop storm going back to back, but I really enjoyed watching them dismantle Melbourne.
Craig Bellamy, is he as good as they say he is?

No, he isn't, but I (and others) have been saying that for a long time

Still, Brisbane don't seem able to beat Storm, so I probably should shut right about now :)

Anyone else feel like Cronk will retire. Its going to take a lot to come back from that shoulder injury

OK so rant time........

With Storm making the GF this year, we have been bombarded with the comment "Brisbane were the last team to go back to back, which was 92-93"

Fox showed all the recent grand finals in the week leading up to the big one, and for 97 only showed the ARL GF

It's like the 97 Super League season never happened, the exception being when talking about Wayne's GF wins, it is counted then

Does this bother anybody else?

Nah, he would tell him to get the **** up and the guys that played the game in the 80’s would be disgusted in him.

You accused me of taking potshots at people and when i asked you to back that up you stayed silent now you come up with that.

Fucking hypocrite.

OK so rant time........

With Storm making the GF this year, we have been bombarded with the comment "Brisbane were the last team to go back to back, which was 92-93"

Fox showed all the recent grand finals in the week leading up to the big one, and for 97 only showed the ARL GF

It's like the 97 Super League season never happened, the exception being when talking about Wayne's GF wins, it is counted then

Does this bother anybody else?

Yep. Even though we won in '98. Because the Broncos. Because Johns.

Kicked... in... the... head....

Yep, i lack perspective... if your son got kicked in the head laying on the ground im sure youd be all for the player not getting suspended.

If it was as soft as that incident I wouldn't be wound up about it as long as penalty and bin were given.

A quality performance from the Roosters.

I was trying to envision a version of events where they'd prevail and that's exactly how it played out. That opening twenty minutes was always going to be vital and the Roosters did well to identify and execute. Years ago I remember the media, specifically Joey made the point of beating Melbourne was through second phase and ball movement. It sounded right at the time, but Cronulla showed that if you can bully their back three into error and constantly win the territory battle it will go a long way to winning you the game. Warea-Hargreaves especially seemed to make it his mission to go after Addo-Carr, which is why they went face-to-face at the death.

Gould kept trying to make the point that Cronk was a glorified trainer on the field, but it was completely dishonest. His two kicks were vital plays in the context of the game as they delivered results for the Roosters and gave them the opportunity to score points. Would O'Sullivan have been able to execute those plays at that stage of the game? Unlikely and Matterson wasn't particularly known for his bombs.

Even so, I couldn't believe the defensive play from Vunivalu on the first try. You wouldn't want to give Maranta that amount of space, let alone Daniel Tupou. It really goes to show how much that Cordner, Teddy and Mitchell combination had the Storm defensive line spooked.

The other baffling moment was the Storm's refusal to target Cooper Cronk. Slater admitted in the post-match interview with 9 they were surprised to see him out there, but surely you'd just set up camp down that fringe and make their players come up with second and even third efforts? They just kept persisting with those right hand-side plays through out and by the time they got to Cronk, they were already 18 points down. It's why I don't buy into this narrative of there being bad blood, Cameron Smith deliberately kept avoiding Cronk, their little BDSM play on the ground was simply a reminder of simpler times when they'd practice their wrestling.

How much of a dill does Rusty Crowe look like now? Sure, Souths had a surprisingly good season, but Luke Keary has been one of the best five eighths in the competition ever since he left and has now become a common denominator in two premiership wins. He got the scoring started for Souths way back when and he was virtually everywhere on Sunday night.

Finally, it was sad to see Slater go out on that note. Many will say he was lucky to even be playing, but after all the talk to be on the end of such a convincing defeat was so deflating. I'm sure Billy will go home, look at the 2018 Wally Lewis Medal, the 2017 premiership, the 2017 Origin series and the 2017 World Cup - all accolades he should never have been in earshot of after 2016, and cry himself to sleep. He may have broken the Broncos time and time again, but he was a fantastic ambassador for the code and he rose above an incredible class of fullback to be the best I've ever seen. Fox Sports could do worse than put together an entire collection of his highlights.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.