2018 NRL Side

Just watched a highlights vid on David Fifita shared by Everything Rugby League on Facebook. 2017 Peter Sterling medal winner apparently... It's hard to get a guage on how good he looks because He is so much bigger than anybody else. He was like a man playing amongst boys. No idea how to share it sorry...im sure someone more tech savvy then me can work it out.

Facebook vids can be posted here the same way you do YouTube videos. In FB, right click on the video, show video URL, copy it, and then in here click on the Imbed Video icon, paste the URL, done.

Look @Morkel being all technical and stuff...

VC2fFQY.jpg

Just watched a highlights vid on David Fifita shared by Everything Rugby League on Facebook. 2017 Peter Sterling medal winner apparently... It's hard to get a guage on how good he looks because He is so much bigger than anybody else. He was like a man playing amongst boys. No idea how to share it sorry...im sure someone more tech savvy then me can work it out.
I watched the same thing, can see why he's been chased by a few clubs. You never know at his age, but has some skills that's for sure....Fast for a big boy too.

I don’t see why we need Boyd really, with the backs we got we need speed and attack and we don’t get that from Boyd.

He remains unsigned. Me thinks it’s because of the money offered. If we fail to meet his expectations, where would he go?

He remains unsigned. Me thinks it’s because of the money offered. If we fail to meet his expectations, where would he go?
I disagree.
To me, it's more likely that he's taking a hit for the team and is going to get what's left in the 'salary pot' once all the other signings are done. It's unlikely that he'll leave or be asked to leave.

Boyd won’t get anything under what his manager wants while he’s got Bennett beside him.

Boyd won’t get anything under what his manager wants while he’s got Bennett beside him.

Boyd has been well paid both at Newcastle and St George, and would have been so far at Brisbane. He wants to win a premiership. Do you think he’ll happily weaken our premiership chances by taking a bigger slice of the salary cap pie for what would amount to an extra 3-4% of his career earnings?

I disagree.
To me, it's more likely that he's taking a hit for the team and is going to get what's left in the 'salary pot' once all the other signings are done. It's unlikely that he'll leave or be asked to leave.
But as far as I am aware it’s only Boyd and those the Broncos don’t want that are left to re- sign.
Are you saying he is waiting for all the cap to be almost spent and then accept the dregs. With all due respect I don't think he nor his manager are that silly.
Gotta be more to it then that. To have your captain not re-signed at this time of the year makes no sense in my humble opinion.

But as far as I am aware it’s only Boyd and those the Broncos don’t want that are left to re- sign.
Are you saying he is waiting for all the cap to be almost spent and then accept the dregs. With all due respect I don't think he nor his manager are that silly.
Gotta be more to it then that. To have your captain not re-signed at this time of the year makes no sense in my humble opinion.

I'm sure Boyd won't be struggling to pay the bills. Also, I don't think the Broncos can pay under market or at least a percentage under it. Falau agreed to terms with Parramatta for a very light deal, but the NRL wouldn't sanction it. I think Boyd will have employment with the Broncos once his career is over and is happier for the Broncos to round out the squad. I'm sure there is an amount allocated to Boyd and it will either be slightly under or slightly over that amount depending on who the Broncos sign over the next month or so.

I'm sure Boyd won't be struggling to pay the bills. Also, I don't think the Broncos can pay under market or at least a percentage under it. Falau agreed to terms with Parramatta for a very light deal, but the NRL wouldn't sanction it. I think Boyd will have employment with the Broncos once his career is over and is happier for the Broncos to round out the squad. I'm sure there is an amount allocated to Boyd and it will either be slightly under or slightly over that amount depending on who the Broncos sign over the next month or so.

I read somewhere that the reason behind it taking forever is that the nrl is putting together a post career job for him in mental health for teens , and we are offering a 2-3 year deal

I have accepted he will be our fb till he decides to give it away or we win a comp and then he might give it all away

I'm assuming this will be his final contract. Remember Locky's last one? It took a very long time to process from memory, given the amount of TPD's involved. This doesn't seem any different to me.

I'm assuming this will be his final contract. Remember Locky's last one? It took a very long time to process from memory, given the amount of TPD's involved. This doesn't seem any different to me.

Last I heard that is what the hold up is. The TPA's and waiting for the NRL to sign off on them.

People should remember how long it took Thaiday to re-sign in 2015 due to TPA's.

Im still failing to see any fullback at the club even close to Boyd, so to say we dont need him is utter stupidity. Allan may get there, but he isnt ready for 10 games at fullback in the nrl, yet alone 20+. Issako wont ever become a fullback at a club like the Broncos who are chasing premierships, i just dont think he has the ability. Wing maybe, but thats it imo. Kahu is solid, nothing more, and Roberts i dont think has the all round game, so who do we replace Boyd with?

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.