2019 Broncos Line-up

The rumour too was that Lodge and Seibold still hated each other after a Storm run in. That obviously holds no water.

You'd assume Lodge has come to his senses and realised he has been a dick and has been wrong in the past.

You know, hate is an awfully hard thing to hold on to.

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Jack Bird
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Sam Tagataese

Would probably be a decent side.

Unsure though..

I think it will all come down to the pre season. Could be some shocks.

That's true of Johnston as well and Seibold managed to get him into good positions to throw the simple pass. Johnston is no ball player but the rabbitohs created just enough on the inside that he wasn't under pressure or having to make split second decisions.

My hope is he would be able to do the same with Isaako and as he becomes comfortable with the simple pass his awareness of the situations will increase and his game should evolve.

Not saying he's going to be a superstar ball player but just knowing when to pass and when not to... or recognizing he's outside his man and put a show and go on would make him that bit more deadly from fullback. It will be interesting to see how he progresses over time.

Must admit, I don't think a great deal of Johnson as a fullback and thought he was a bit of a weak link for the Rabbits.

Must admit, I don't think a great deal of Johnson as a fullback and thought he was a bit of a weak link for the Rabbits.

I agree. I don't like Johnson as a fullback.. he's fast at times which helps.. But he's definitely more of a winger. Reminds me of David Mead a bit.

I believe that Seibold bought Corey Allan from the Broncos to be Souths fullback this year or the next.. Johnson was a short term solution.. and yeah Jamayne could be our short term solution before he goes back to the wing.

Too many variables to say at this stage

BIG QUESTION - Who should be our long term halfback out of these two?

Tanah Boyd?

Sean O'Sullivan?

Personally I'd go with Tanah due to the fact that he is a Queenslander and Broncos junior, has already got combinations with existing players in the squad (Fifita especially)

O'Sullivan is a NSW player.. I'm less inclined to develop a halfback for the Blues

OR

Both could play and Milf could drop back to fullback.

I hope that between Kodi and O'Sullivan we can fill the halfback role sufficiently until one of our young half backs is ready to make the transition.

I have not seem much of Boyd, Paix or the other young bloke that some people on here have been talking about. But some of the blokes on here have big wraps on them.

I'm the same as you in regards to wanting to develop the next queensland halfback rather than a NSW of Kiwi halfback. I know that I should just want the best half we can get from wherever they come from, but I would rather develop queensland playmakers.......must be the queensland blood lol

I hope that between Kodi and O'Sullivan we can fill the halfback role sufficiently until one of our young half backs is ready to make the transition.

I have not seem much of Boyd, Paix or the other young bloke that some people on here have been talking about. But some of the blokes on here have big wraps on them.

I'm the same as you in regards to wanting to develop the next queensland halfback rather than a NSW of Kiwi halfback. I know that I should just want the best half we can get from wherever they come from, but I would rather develop queensland playmakers.......must be the queensland blood lol

Dearden looks to be the pick of the young halves, but I haven't seen enough of him tbh

Last edited:
BIG QUESTION - Who should be our long term halfback out of these two?

Tanah Boyd?

Sean O'Sullivan?

Personally I'd go with Tanah due to the fact that he is a Queenslander and Broncos junior, has already got combinations with existing players in the squad (Fifita especially)

I've seen a little bit of Boyd, not much of Paix, and I just have a weird feeling he'd make a top hooker. Defensively sound, has a good pass on him, nuggety guy, has some speed off the mark to put markers on the back foot, has a decent kicking game.

Don't know a thing about Sullivan but tbh very few of the young halves we recruit end up doing anything. Dargan, Nicholls (he was a lot older tbf), Scarlett etc

Haven't seen anything of Dearden, but I know a few around here have big wraps on him.

Last edited:
I've seen a little bit of Boyd, not much of Paix, and I just have a weird feeling he'd make a top hooker. Defensively sound, has a good pass on him, nuggety guy, has some speed off the mark to put markers on the back foot, has a decent kicking game.

Don't know a thing about Sullivan but tbh very few of the young halves we recruit end up doing anything. Dargan, Nicholls (he was a lot older tbf), Scarlett etc

Haven't seen anything of Dearden, but I know a few around here have big wraps on him.

That's interesting what you said about Tanah Boyd. From the small highlights package I watched, I tend to agree with you. Unfortunately there is not much of a pathway at our club for young hookers. For whatever reason McCullough seems to have that spot locked up.

Hopefully under Seibold our blokes will have to perform at a high level consistently in order to maintain their spots.

Saw a big unit at the airport today with a Broncos player back pack that had the number 40 on it.

Anyone know who he is?

That's interesting what you said about Tanah Boyd. From the small highlights package I watched, I tend to agree with you. Unfortunately there is not much of a pathway at our club for young hookers. For whatever reason McCullough seems to have that spot locked up.

Hopefully under Seibold our blokes will have to perform at a high level consistently in order to maintain their spots.
Well I guess the positive is that Boyd is only 18 and Macca is 29 in Jan - he has time to grow in Q Cup. With a new coach, some of the older furniture may not be as secure anymore.

Yep, I agree. Tanah could easily be our bench hooker that comes on for around 20 minutes to give Macca a rest.

That's if we lose Kodi and don't use Glenn or Staggs as the utility.

Saw a big unit at the airport today with a Broncos player back pack that had the number 40 on it.

Anyone know who he is?

Hmmm big unit with a broncos back pack... nah can't think of any

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/201...8almeVo7vBeMCp0xX9aqBnKcQjCgjFUxs25Wo_OGoUw_k

d0d79384f53b2442e544e8ba4aee0cc5.png

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Jack Bird
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Sam Tagataese

Would probably be a decent side.

Unsure though..

I think it will all come down to the pre season. Could be some shocks.
I'll have some of what you're ssmokin' please

Yeah 100%... I don't rate him as a fullback at all, but before Seibs he was full hoggman with less open field and tackle busting abilities.

But it only took Seibs 1 offseason to at least get him able to finish off sweeping plays. All things being equal he'll have Isaako till 2021 (I think) with Darius also to retire at some point.

Isaako has already shown to put in the extras for training so hopefully he can become at least steady enough to offer that threat out the back.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • Rookie Alan
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Brocko
  • Locky field goal
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • heartly87
  • Wild Horse
  • Griffo
  • scobie
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.