2019 Broncos Season Review

Agree , but for parra fan to jump on the Broncos forum after yesterday is just childish. And like what has been said they really can't say shit , they were wooden Spooners something that we have never achieved. So maybe he should be a gracious winner and let us deal with yesterday's game.
I don't think him or the Warriors guy have really said anything inflammatory, we're just being bitches cause we got spanked.

Although I have zero faith in the board and coach from what he has displayed this year, I genuinely hope there in a ginormous player shake up in the off season.
Forget “upsetting” players.
It has been the talk all year that all the young guys look up to the likes of Boyd and Macca. Macca I’m pretty sure currently has Dearden and Coates living at his place.
This club, for the first time in probably 13 years desperately needs to put on field success as it’s number 1 priority.
If players turn on the club for letting the likes of Boyd, macca and Milford go, let it be, let them too walk.
I’m sick and tired of the players donning the Brisbane Broncos jersey thinking they’re entitled to everything. They live on the clubs past success, which I don’t think they’re entitled to.
Success is to be earned and I really don’t think this current playing group see/understand that.
It’s now at a point where I probably wouldn’t care if anyone besides Fifita, Haas and Dearden left the club.
Fifita and Haas are immense talents and are two that genuinely play for the jersey, not the pay packet. Look at yesterday’s game, they were the only two continually having a dig.
My reasons for Dearden are that his head seems to be years well above 18, and doesn’t look to be a selfish player.
Happy to build the club around those 3.

Last edited:
The only real positive from this season is the emergence of some of our younger players. All our best players are pretty much rookies or 2nd year players, these blokes are being held back by poor leadership from our most senior players. Especially when it comes to onfield performances. Leading by example is a non-existent thing for blokes like Boyd, Macca and probably even Milf and Gillet.

There is a very real possibility that Seibold is a flop at this point. I doubt he will make through till the end of next season if we continue with this season's output. In particular, he will need to make the hard calls before round 1 2020 imo.

Honestly as a fan, i'm embarrassed by lasts night's loss more than anything. In some ways it is a relief for this season to be over. Supporting the Raiders for the rest of 2019 now!

Last edited:
Fox sports reporting Boyd will stand down as captain immediately and Paul White will be also be standing down.
Gillo tipped to be given the captain duties.

Fox sports reporting Boyd will stand down as captain immediately and Paul White will be also be standing down.
Gillo tipped to be given the captain duties.
I can only hope that Gillette is NOT made captain. He is a brave player but is well past it. If Pangai Jr plays the last five weeks, he essentially shouldn't of been in the 13 or possibly the 17. While he seems a nice lad, that isn't enough to make a captain.

I can only hope that Gillette is NOT made captain. He is a brave player but is well past it. If Pangai Jr plays the last five weeks, he essentially shouldn't of been in the 13 or possibly the 17. While he seems a nice lad, that isn't enough to make a captain.

I would probably just start with a leadership group next year. In time the captain will reveal himself. If we make the wrong decision then we just paint ourselves into a corner again.

I don't think him or the Warriors guy have really said anything inflammatory, we're just being bitches cause we got spanked.
Yeah, why don’t we just roll over and take it like our team did yesterday?

I'm even on the fence about Oates ATM.
Cap wise we're maybe better off going with Farnsworth etc.

On Oates, I think even if we kept him that Coates, Farnworth, and Perese could all potentially be better in the next year or two. I'd already argue that Farnworth is better than him because he has safe hands and a better defensive game, plus he can kick goals.

On Oates, I think even if we kept him that Coates, Farnworth, and Perese could all potentially be better in the next year or two. I'd already argue that Farnworth is better than him because he has safe hands and a better defensive game, plus he can kick goals.
Dont be ridiculous.

Sebs has to take some responsibility for our shocking season but I am not convinced it is the couching that is letting us down. If you think back to last year, people were out for Bennett’s blood because he was the problem. They got what they wanted (including me) nothing changed, we are still sluggish, unorganised and have no cohesion.
Sebs has shown that when given the green light he will make the big calls and drop people that aren’t needed at the club, so I feel that their is more behind Boyd having 50 lives.
As long as Boyd and Macca continue to be over looked as the problem, we will continue to have painful sessions.
If you look at the good teams, it doesn’t matter if a number of their best players are out, as long as their spine is playing they win games. We have one of the best forward packs in the game and would be close to the best in Broncos history and they deserve a better spine to run off.
Boyd sacrificing 300k of his salary to stay at the club isn’t going to help, of cause it will help the salary cap but it still doesn’t take the problem out of the team.
I think the broncos and management need to admit that they shouldn’t have signed Boyd or Macca to such long contracts and cut their losses, only then we can start to rebuild

He did take responsibility. He didn't apologize because he has no reason to, it wasn't him on the field missing tackles and playing a geriatric (Boyd, Gillett). The truth of the matter is that he's received a poisoned chalice (old vets on too much money and playing like rubbish), tried to do his best with it, and failed. Hopefully he sees the need for more radical change heading into the off season because his career hinges on it.

EDIT: TL;DR: The balance of our squad is fucked.
[automerge]1568603408[/automerge]
Dont be ridiculous.

Oates has been a liability since Origin. He's like Gagai except he actively loses us games with errors when he doesn't show up instead of being invisible like Gagai.

Last edited:
Oates has been a liability since Origin. He's like Gagai except he actively loses us games with errors when he doesn't show up instead of being invisible like Gagai.
Oates has been poor since g1 agreed, but Farnsworth has done literally zero.

I actually liked his press conference. I believe reports that he didn't want Darius in the team / didn't want him to be captain. This aboslute thumping, for the second year in a row in finals is all he needed to be able to remove the captaincy from Darius. I think he is looking forward to their being a new CEO and having better control over the team.
Based on what, actual evidence or just blind hope? He had all he needed to remove Darius as captain and/or drop him when we had our worst start to the season, and when we had that godawful middle to the season, and when had a shite end to the season. How many shit losses have we had where someone piped up with "now Seibold has what he needs to drop X" and how many times has he picked them again the next week?

If anyone has actual evidence that Seibold wasn't picking his team post it up. If that's the case everyone involved should be summarily executed, or at least fired, but there's not been any evidence shown as far as I'm aware.

Easy. Started out as pure shit, then graduated to mostly shit where you think it might possibly start to become less shit, then back to
Oates has been poor since g1 agreed, but Farnsworth has done literally zero.
his first game was impressive I thought, yes just one game but we’ve all seen enough of oats surely especially his apparent asking price no thanks

I can't see us buying a decent half before next year.

1. Bird
6. Milford
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

That's what I would prefer training a full off season with. No Macca and no Boyd, I don't think Boyd could work at center either, all I see is big centers just mowing over him all season. If they really have to persist with Boyd and Macca then don't put Boyd with Isaako and Macca to 14 as backup for injuries.

Good side except ...

Isaako is a total liability. He hasn't got a football brain at this stage of his career.

That back row is way too inexperienced, espcially with Dearden at 7 (good choice btw). Need Gillo at 12 for his experience and defence - he will be much improved next season.

TPJ needs to pull his fucking head in and focus on disciplie and put the team before his big fat ego

Farnworth to centre and I doubt Glenn will be here next year.

Are you referring to more than his current suspension?
I assume so as ego had nothing to do with it

Last edited:

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.