2019 Broncos Season Review

Seibold did not build this side. He inherited it. So far we have kept the players we have wanted to keep. Short term pain long term gain in my eyes. Would I like to see Boyd and McCullough gone ... yes. Reality is are people willing to have a spine of Milford, Paix/SOS, Deardon and Turpin if we can't find anybody else?

Personally I think we need to chase Brodie Croft. I would be willing to see SOS leave and be replaced by Croft.

1 - Milford
6 - Croft
7 - Deardon
9 - Turpin

That looks good to me. Again though I honestly think it'll be a 2021 before we see the best from this side consistently with that spine as it's very young.

If we are looking at experience then maybe Sezer, not sure who else is on the market.

Do we enquire about out of favour Dufty and put the Milf back in the 6. There are so many variables, we need tp do something, but it doesn't have to be drastic.
The problem with Dufty though has always been his defence. Boyd was a turnstile but Duffy isn’t much better.

And even when he was performing he still was never a 1 million dollar player.
Resign him to 650-750k or leave.
I wouldn’t even give him that much. In saying this though Milford’s contract has a contract clause in his favour. He can leave now if someone offers him a better deal (fucking LOL) and not complete the final year of his contract in 2020.

Watching Seibs in the post match was very concerning. He took sly shots at the players, and the club. He also looked and sounded like a man who is not entirely convinced he has what it takes. The future is not looking fantastic.
I actually liked his press conference. I believe reports that he didn't want Darius in the team / didn't want him to be captain. This aboslute thumping, for the second year in a row in finals is all he needed to be able to remove the captaincy from Darius. I think he is looking forward to their being a new CEO and having better control over the team.

On the assumption that Seibold is a half decent coach, the only way I can make sense of this disappointing season is that Seibold gave himself this year to weed out the chaff, to be fair to all players, especially the senior ones. That means he slashes and burns the weeds between now and next season: Boyd and Macca first. I think Glenn will sign elsewhere.

The future is now in Seibold's hands

Good can still come out of this season and in particular yesterdays result, if Seibs and the club are serious they will now have a very hard look at the playing group and then make some hard decisions for next year.

The coach took the fall for this playing group last year and a new coach still couldn't get their heads in the game so that says to me its time to look at the squad.

Last edited:
Watching Seibs in the post match was very concerning. He took sly shots at the players, and the club. He also looked and sounded like a man who is not entirely convinced he has what it takes. The future is not looking fantastic.
I actually enjoyed it for a change, until he took a massive dump on the fans (i.e. the people who pay his wages) at the end.

Refreshing honesty. He's right. Our experienced players are shit and the club is a shambles. Thanks for saying it; now fix it. Like you're paid $1m to do.

I actually enjoyed it for a change, until he took a massive dump on the fans (i.e. the people who pay his wages) at the end.

Refreshing honesty. He's right. Our experienced players are shit and the club is a shambles. Thanks for saying it; now fix it. Like you're paid $1m to do.

He will.

Chill winstons.

Boyd. Should of been sent back to QCup
Hes finished. Punt him.

The Wingers .Keep both. They can have brain snaps but also can produce game breaking plays.
They will improve

Centres
Keep the Jet
Make Bird other centre

5/8. MillionFord is the biggest Lemon in the NRL
Trade him for 3 beans or anything you can get really.

HB. Bring any of the youbg kids in.
Boyd. Paix

BigShow. Hes a pretender these days. Zero fire
Gone

Lodge
Gone .Looks like hes got crazy eyes.
Super League his best bet.

Fifita
Youngest kid on the field showing them all up.
Bring his mate Haas in and let them build an empire.
Pay them accordingly

Let Gillette, Ofa and any of the $250k a season hit up merchants do the grunt work .

2020 premiers

Posted this after 2018 / last years finals collapse - No-one listened!

I take back the 2020 Premiers comment - maybe 2030

Posted this after 2018 / last years finals collapse - No-one listened!

I take back the 2020 Premiers comment - maybe 2030
What did you say after Parramatta got thumped 64-10 just on four months ago?

To me, the issues were obvious last year. I'm not talking Boyd, or McCullough, or Bird, or any player at all. To me, the issue was that we just simply weren't doing the fundamentals. Discipline, possession, field position, pressure. Most people were fucking delirious when Bennett was punted for Mr Harvard. **** yeah, music in the gyms! High five! Faster than game speed. What a concept, high ten! Metrics, buzz words, shiny stuff, let's rub our genitals together in anticipation!!!

For me it meant **** all, because it was pretty fucking obvious what the problems were, and it hasn't changed. It's fucking gone backwards. Anyone who wants to argue otherwise can **** off back to Disneyland.

Players have to go, that's for sure. Boyd is cooked. I have never once bought in to the McCullough is shit idea, even though it's now the fallacy that has become truth because it's been repeated often enough. But there's no room for 3 hookers at the club, and if Turpin is cheaper, or if it's deemed McCullough is mentally fucked like half the 2015 squad, then he can go too.

I'd allow Seibold the same leeway I afforded Bennett in that injuries played a part - right now we're missing Bird (again), and our two genuine halves. But Seibold had SOS available last week, and decided to overlook him, he had the chance and proved he would rather play Turpin and Boyd in the halves.

I don't want an off-season telling us how X player is the fittest they've ever been. Or records are being broken in the gym. Or there is this amazing technique being used in the NFL where they don Astronaut suits and practice flick passes in zero gravity. I want to hear that the players are getting flogged to within an inch of their lives, and if they still aren't making second and third efforts under extreme fatigue then they're being sent to dig ditches for a week. I want to hear that the players are being thrown footballs from all directions while having lazers pointed at their eyes and if they don't catch the ball, they're having their hands held in boiling water for a week. I want discipline instilled, attention-to-detail, and the fundamentals drilled in to them way before a fucking buzz word is even uttered.

You lost me at thinking Macca is actually good 🤣

When was the last Parra GF win? Probably before i was born :rofl
So essentially your saying your total knowledge of football is built on the last 3 years since you left primary school?

Don't be sore losers.
Agree , but for parra fan to jump on the Broncos forum after yesterday is just childish. And like what has been said they really can't say shit , they were wooden Spooners something that we have never achieved. So maybe he should be a gracious winner and let us deal with yesterday's game.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • Cavalo
  • Aldo
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behold
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Broncosgirl
  • HarryAllan7
  • IceWorks
  • Manifesto
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jarro65
  • mystico
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.