2019 Origin Discussion

Pretty weak of Walters tbh. Last year when he asked Darius to be in camp and help mentor the young guys Darius wouldn't do it and went on holiday instead iirc. Obviously having a sook. Move on, select someone else.
That's not how it happened though

Trying to piece together what I think the teams will be this year, who knows which way we'll go, we've got a million halves options, one of them is going to have to play Fullback, and one is going to have to play Centre.

Queensland -

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis (c)
4. Michael Morgan
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh McGuire
9. Jake Friend
10. Josh Papalii
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jai Arrow

14. David Fifita
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Coen Hess
17. Dylan Napa

I don't think we can keep playing a utility against NSW's pack, just go with 4 forwards. Friend can handle 80, so can McCullough, whichever way we decide to go.

Trying to piece together what I think the teams will be this year, who knows which way we'll go, we've got a million halves options, one of them is going to have to play Fullback, and one is going to have to play Centre.

Queensland -

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis (c)
4. Michael Morgan
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh McGuire
9. Jake Friend
10. Josh Papalii
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jai Arrow

14. David Fifita
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Coen Hess
17. Dylan Napa

I don't think we can keep playing a utility against NSW's pack, just go with 4 forwards. Friend can handle 80, so can McCullough, whichever way we decide to go.

Gun backline, but damn I'm worried about the pack.

Meanwhile on the NSW side of things..

1. James Tedesco
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. James Roberts
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary
8. David Klemmer
9. Damien Cook
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jack Bird
15. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
16. Angus Crichton
17. Tevita Pangai Jr

We're so fucked

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/84a6f0fa8c4d84d16560bd6c4c7f8abc

"Bench:
14. Tevita Pangai Jr
15. David Fifita
16. Jake Trbojevic
17. Tyrone Peachey
Lodge has emerged as one of the best starting props in football, Pangai Junior is a beast who’s still learning some of the nuances of forward play and David Fifita has frightening potential."

Last time I checked, David Fifita was born and played for QLD rep teams, dream on NSW. You've stolen Keary, but you wont con D.Fifita.
Honestly, what clowns are writing this.. lol

Does Gillett play alright on left edge? Because QLD have tons of right edge backorders but really only Cooper plays there week in and week out

Queensland -

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis (c)
4. Michael Morgan
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh McGuire
9. Jake Friend
10. Josh Papalii
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jai Arrow

14. David Fifita
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Coen Hess
17. Dylan Napa

With Inglis more than likely to retire today there's going to have to be a shake up. In fact this may not even be close to the team. Friend is injured, Napa is injured, Kaufusi & Hess aren't really do anything except running & tackling, Fifita & Ofahengaue haven't been impressing as much as expected.

We could be in more trouble than I originally thought.

S.O.S Jacob Lillyman!!

Last edited:
With Inglis more than likely to retire today there's going to have to be a shake up. In fact this may not even be close to the team. Friend is injured, Napa is injured, Kaufusi & Hess aren't really do anything except running & tackling, Fifita & Ofahengaue haven't been impressing as much as expected.

We could be in more trouble than I originally thought.

S.O.S Jacob Lillyman!!

Sorry to say it, but I think you and I both know that the team is in such a shit state that JWall is an almost certainty.

I was thinking about this as well. MacDonald is also our wnd may not come back at all, so he, Feldt, Holmes and Inglis all likely gone. No Napa, Friendor Guerra either most likely.

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. McGuire
9. Granville
10. Wallace
11. Kaufusi
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Glasby
16. Papalii
17. Hess

That’s dire even though I’ve probably forgotten 18 players. At least the 1, 6 and 7 are genuine guns.

Last edited:
Kev just confirmed at a presser that it'll likely be DCE, Morgan or Friend (pending selection) to captain the side because they're currently captaining their club sides.

You can lock in DCE for mine, he's the only one that's playing well enough to walk in to the side, has captained Manly for a few years, will do a great job imo.

Such a shame that Keary is ruled as a blue. Would be fucking perfect with DCE.

Kev just confirmed at a presser that it'll likely be DCE, Morgan or Friend (pending selection) to captain the side because they're currently captaining their club sides.

You can lock in DCE for mine, he's the only one that's playing well enough to walk in to the side, has captained Manly for a few years, will do a great job imo.
Added bonus that it will piss smithy off.

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan (c)
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Papalii
9. Friend
10. McGuire
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. Aarow
14. Hunt
15. Wallace
16. Napa
17. Kaufusi

I was thinking about this as well. MacDonald is also our wnd may not come back at all, so he, Feldt, Holmes and Inglis all likely gone. No Napa, Friendor Guerra either most likely.

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. McGuire
9. Granville
10. Wallace
11. Kaufusi
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Glasby
16. Papalii
17. Hess

That’s dire even though I’ve probably forgotten 18 players. At least the 1, 6 and 7 are genuine guns.

Where's Carrigan?

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Skyblues87
  • Porthoz
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.