2019 Origin Discussion

He blew his chance to be honest. Would need to be 1-2 injuries for him to get a look in. Or for us to get absolutely belted in game 1.
Way i see it is assuming a spine of Munster, Morgan, DCE, Macca and Ponga on bench. If Munster got injured, Ponga would go to fullback with Hunt probably taking bench spot. If Morgan/DCE got injured, probably Munster moves to 5/8th and Ponga goes to bench with Hunt taking bench spot. If Macca is injured, probably gets replaced by Hunt. So would likely need 2 players to get injured for Milford to get a shot at all...

Milf at his best I think would have to be there.
At the expense of who though? QLD believe in loyalty. He could score a try in every game leading up to game 1 selection and i still think he would be overlooked if everyone else was fit.

Milf at his best I think would have to be there.
Honestly, I don't think so. He's a barba-esque player, off the cuff and no structure, I don't think you can get away with it at Origin level considering how tight and disciplined defenses are. Bench player at best.

At the expense of who though? QLD believe in loyalty. He could score a try in every game leading up to game 1 selection and i still think he would be overlooked if everyone else was fit.

Chambers , move Munster or Morgan to center.

Honestly, I don't think so. He's a barba-esque player, off the cuff and no structure, I don't think you can get away with it at Origin level considering how tight and disciplined defenses are. Bench player at best.
That's not even the issue I have with him. I love milford and think he is a great player, there is just no way that he is going to push players out of their position while they are fit. QLD play loyalty and assuming DCE, Munster, Morgan don't completely shit the bed, Milford just won't get picked.

Um , alfie ?

Chambers , move Munster or Morgan to center.
Morgan would be an outside chance of playing centre, but I think that would be to bring Ponga into the starting 13, no one else. And Hunt would be the one to come on to the bench.

He actually reminds me at times of a young JT. I agree he needs to be more controlled with what he does in order to step up a level. If he plays well I think he will get a shot this year.

I think the only halves guarantee is DCE personally. If Milf is killing it while Morgan and Munster are floundering I can see him being given a shot. That said, Kevvie is big on loyalty and the incumbents would have to really shit the bed for him not to pick them..

Honestly anyone thinking Milford will get picked based on form and no injury to Morgan/Munster/DCE/Ponga/Hunt are wrong.

Do we take bets on milford not being picked? :p

Also it was a different game back then. Defences are much tighter now.
I was reluctant to say that too as I didn't want to be crucified. I think Alfie would still be good in today's game but not the level he was when he played.

I was reluctant to say that too as I didn't want to be crucified. I think Alfie would still be good in today's game but not the level he was when he played.
Oh he would without doubt still be a great player, do i think he would be less dominant in the origin arena than he once was? of course. But that goes for most players from the 80s until the early 2000s really. The game has really evolved in the past decade or so. Players are bigger, faster, stronger and fitter. Defences are very solid for the most part now and more often than not, a try will come from an individuals mistake in reading the play.

Oh he would without doubt still be a great player, do i think he would be less dominant in the origin arena than he once was? of course. But that goes for most players from the 80s until the early 2000s really. The game has really evolved in the past decade or so. Players are bigger, faster, stronger and fitter. Defences are very solid for the most part now and more often than not, a try will come from an individuals mistake in reading the play.
Agreed, teams/coaches would rather win 10-4 than 32-20. Possession and defence are key now, not attacking enterprise. Kinda sucks in a way but I suppose you appreciate it when it does happen. Can't blame the coaches either now that's it's a full on business.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.