2020 Broncos Jersey and Sponsorship discussion.

BrentTatesChin

BrentTatesChin

QCup Player
Jul 30, 2016
Kicking of 2020 a bit early.

Heard rumours that we're leaving NRMA as main sponsors for Kia?

Please god no.

I'm not a fan of NRMA as a company but Kia will look terrible on the Jersey lol.

Don't care about NRMA, not interested in their services, but I liked them as a sponsor. They had some awesome Broncos ads back in the day. Logie award (is that what it's called?) quality.

All sponsorships end eventually.
But I’d much rather we have more stability in our jersey design instead of changing it so often.
That is something the club can control.

All sponsorships end eventually.
But I’d much rather we have more stability in our jersey design instead of changing it so often.
That is something the club can control.
Need to change it so we can keep selling it to supporters. We have shareholders to appease.

Need to change it so we can keep selling it to supporters. We have shareholders to appease.

Yeah I’ve heard that argument before.
They might sell ‘new’ jerseys to some supporters but they piss others off who find their ‘new’ $170 jersey out of date in a year or two.
I am a case in point as I bought my last jersey in 2007 and am reluctant to get another one which I know is likely to be outdated quickly.
I would be more likely to get one if I knew it would stay current for a while.
As for shareholders News owns about 69% of the broncos and I don’t think they are too worried about the return on those shares. It’s just a massive blocking stake. One other guy has 10% - 15% so there can’t be too many other shareholders. That’s not to say they shouldn’t get a decent return but broncos shares have been known for a long time to not give very high returns.
In any case I don’t think it would make much difference to the return on their shares if they stopped turning over their jerseys all the time.

They might sell ‘new’ jerseys to some supporters but they piss others off who find their ‘new’ $170 jersey out of date in a year or two.
I am a case in point as I bought my last jersey in 2007 and am reluctant to get another one which I know is likely to be outdated quickly.
As for shareholders News owns about 69% of the broncos and I don’t think they are too worried about the return on those shares. It’s just a massive blocking stake. One other guy has 10% - 15% so there can’t be too many other shareholders. That’s not to say they shouldn’t get a decent return but broncos shares have been known for a long time to not give very high returns.
In any case I don’t think it would make much difference to the return on their shares if they stopped turning over their jerseys all the time.
I remember reading somewhere that politis is actually our tenth biggest shareholder or something.

Well I got the first one. The one with Powers. Last time I wore it was to the 2015 GF. Will wear it to the next one....in a couple years 😜

I noticed Kia is on the billboards at the ashes and they had white writing on a red background... gives hope that they will go with white writing on top of the maroon to blend into the jersey... similarly red/maroon writing on white away jerseys.

Hopefully this kind of thing is included in discussions from the Broncos with their major sponsor. I get the sponsor wants to get bang for their buck, but destroying a jersey will make you enemy number 1 and will also cost jersey sales to the Broncos... it's lose lose to both parties

Well I got the first one. The one with Powers. Last time I wore it was to the 2015 GF. Will wear it to the next one....in a couple years [emoji12]

Yeah I got my first one in 1989 (jersey that is) and have been thinking of getting one when we next make the grand final.
Probably don’t have to worry about that for a while.

I noticed Kia is on the billboards at the ashes and they had white writing on a red background... gives hope that they will go with white writing on top of the maroon to blend into the jersey... similarly red/maroon writing on white away jerseys.

Hopefully this kind of thing is included in discussions from the Broncos with their major sponsor. I get the sponsor wants to get bang for their buck, but destroying a jersey will make you enemy number 1 and will also cost jersey sales to the Broncos... it's lose lose to both parties

Yeah I remember going to a fan day at the start of the season a few years ago and they were selling jerseys with WOW as the sleeve sponsor but they had just gone broke.
Someone asked if they were going to remain as the sleeve sponsor for that year and was told yes.
What do you know the broncos ran out for their first game that year with a new sleeve sponsor.
Would have to have been a record for a jersey to go out of date. Probably would have pissed a few people off who had just bought the ‘new’ jersey a few weeks prior.

Give me a Kia Stinger and I'll be sweet with it.

i remeber buying the hexagon version in 1995 form the factory (then) located on the Gold Coast where i lived at the time...i was in high school....got the shorts too....looked full on legit everytime the Broncs were on TV and me and my brother got all kitted up to watch games..!

Man utd, Liverpool, Barcelona.....

The brand is worth more than selling an extra 1000 shirts each year.
They'd still sell, there'd only be 1000 people who NEED to have the new design rather than just buying that seasons shirt with the same design but the tiniest bit updated styling.

Personally it doesn't bother me if the sponsors on my jersey are out of date tbh.

Yeah most people would be the same but the real issue is that the actual jersey design changes so often.
Then the whole jersey is suddenly out of date not too long after it was purchased.

I'm a badge whore so I would hate for Kia to sponsor us.

Also I'm worried they'll splash a big white box across our jersey to incorporate the logo...

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.