2020 Broncos Jersey and Sponsorship discussion.

I'm a badge whore so I would hate for Kia to sponsor us.

Also I'm worried they'll splash a big white box across our jersey to incorporate the logo...
Looking at the dogs current jersey the Kia logo is red text with a white background, but as I mentioned in an earlier post they have been using the inverse of that on billboards at the ashes.

I can't see why we couldn't go back to a white away jersey with their current red/white logo, but have the inverse for the home jersey with predominantly maroon colouring.

Anyone with some photoshopping expertise able to pull together a concept 👍👍👍

Give me a Kia Stinger and I'll be sweet with it.

We discussed in another thread about this, and now I see them everywhere... and I gotta say I don’t hate them.

I think it’s the logo that the biggest turnoff

We discussed in another thread about this, and now I see them everywhere... and I gotta say I don’t hate them.

I think it’s the logo that the biggest turnoff

Yeah absolutely. It's hard to overcome that brand. But they do make quality vehicles now days.

Still... Kia.

Looking at the dogs current jersey the Kia logo is red text with a white background, but as I mentioned in an earlier post they have been using the inverse of that on billboards at the ashes.

I can't see why we couldn't go back to a white away jersey with their current red/white logo, but have the inverse for the home jersey with predominantly maroon colouring.

Anyone with some photoshopping expertise able to pull together a concept 👍👍👍
Here is a two minute one I did on my tablet of last years away jersey which was white and we might choose to go back to one in the near future.

I am not very good at photoshop so maybe one of the tech heads could do a more detailed job but this still gives you a decent idea of what it would look like. Don’t know about the home jersey though...

Last edited:
I was just flicking around channels at half-time during the footy, and happened on a pommy T20 match in which one of the teams (Surrey) had Kia as their sponsor, and it was black on a pale greeny-blue which seemed to fit the colour scheme quite nicely. I dunno, maybe they're just a bit more flexible with colours than we think:

Last edited:
Kia as sponsor would be as disappointing as when they announced Nike was leaving as jersey sponsor [emoji24]

Kia as sponsor would be as disappointing as when they announced Nike was leaving as jersey sponsor [emoji24]

reckon it could be a record for shirt sponsorship in the NRL though...that's great exposure in the QLD market for mind....gotta be worth a fair amount to them...
[automerge]1565835845[/automerge]
....maybe look at TP endorsements outside the cap for Fifita; they can make ads where the latest model gets smashed to bits by one of Fifitas fends....id watch that ad...

Last edited:
Seems its locked in now...

Kia changing lanes

Canterbury’s major sponsor, Kia, is set to jump ship and become the major sponsor of the Brisbane Broncos next season.

Kia has a strong sporting link in this country, sponsoring the Australian Open tennis as well as AFL club Essendon.

Kia, which took over from Jaycar as the major sponsor of the Bulldogs in 2017, will remain as a corporate partner at Canterbury next year, however it has decided to link with the Broncos as their front of jersey sponsor in 2020.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/29/signings-target-arrow-given-permission-to-test-market/

Seems its locked in now...

Kia changing lanes

Canterbury’s major sponsor, Kia, is set to jump ship and become the major sponsor of the Brisbane Broncos next season.

Kia has a strong sporting link in this country, sponsoring the Australian Open tennis as well as AFL club Essendon.

Kia, which took over from Jaycar as the major sponsor of the Bulldogs in 2017, will remain as a corporate partner at Canterbury next year, however it has decided to link with the Broncos as their front of jersey sponsor in 2020.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/29/signings-target-arrow-given-permission-to-test-market/

Source? The NRL link doesnt mention it.

The Kia logo has to be Maroon coloured, surely.

Kia are remaining a community program sponsor of the dogs. I know it’s common to branch out over different codes, but sponsoring two clubs is kinda weird.

I know many would have Coke, Maccas, XXXX/Nsw Beer etc as minor sponsors, but I can’t think of any major sponsor that’s a minor of another in the same competition

Kia are remaining a community program sponsor of the dogs. I know it’s common to branch out over different codes, but sponsoring two clubs is kinda weird.

I know many would have Coke, Maccas, XXXX/Nsw Beer etc as minor sponsors, but I can’t think of any major sponsor that’s a minor of another in the same competition
I believe BNZ in NZ were the major sponsor of 2-3 kiwi super rugby teams in the same season (Crusaders, Hurricanes and Blues)... was a while back when I watched some of the rugby as a lead up to the NRL season

I thought maybe they were a major sponsor of NZ rugby or something because it is odd to see it

BRONCOS TO NAB BULLDOGS SPONSOR

Stand by for some big news from the Brisbane Broncos which will have a detrimental effect on Canterbury.

The Broncos have ditched long-time sponsor NRMA and will name leading car company KIA as their jersey sponsor for the next three seasons.

Sadly, KIA's move comes as a blow to the Bulldogs, who have been associated with the Korean car giant for the past several seasons.

KIA is one of the biggest sports sponsors in the world, promoting many huge events around the globe, including the Australian Open tennis.

Source: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...t-merrin/4dae6f1d-744e-4d50-9058-564fde1c83a2

BRONCOS TO NAB BULLDOGS SPONSOR

Stand by for some big news from the Brisbane Broncos which will have a detrimental effect on Canterbury.

The Broncos have ditched long-time sponsor NRMA and will name leading car company KIA as their jersey sponsor for the next three seasons.

Sadly, KIA's move comes as a blow to the Bulldogs, who have been associated with the Korean car giant for the past several seasons.

KIA is one of the biggest sports sponsors in the world, promoting many huge events around the globe, including the Australian Open tennis.

Source: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...t-merrin/4dae6f1d-744e-4d50-9058-564fde1c83a2

The Mole is scraping the bottom of the barrel, if he is trying to claim this as either an exclusive or breaking news ... this was known months ago

The Mole is scraping the bottom of the barrel, if he is trying to claim this as either an exclusive or breaking news ... this was known months ago

That's why I posted it, I have a good chuckle every time I see him giving a scoop that's been common knowledge forever. Literally posted on the NRL website 2 months ago haha.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.