VOTE 2020 Captain: make your prediction.

Who will be the 2020 Captain?

• Darius Boyd

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • Brodie Croft

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Pat Carrigan

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Alex Glenn

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Payne Haas

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Matt Lodge

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Tevita Pangai

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wish we could vote for more than one person.
Logde/Glenn imo.

Who do I think
Darius and Lexy co captains

Who do I want
Lexy and Croft

Croft shouldn't be anywhere near the captaincy, you gotta earn that shit. I'd prefer boyd over him .

I would like it to be Lodge but that’s not likely

With that in mind I would go with Glenn..

But my head tells me it’s going to be Boyd

Who do I think
Darius and Lexy co captains

Who do I want
Lexy and Croft

I think it would be way too early to bring in Croft. If they go won’t Boyd and Glenn, then once they retire we can bring in one of the younger blokes like Croft, Lodge, Carrigan ect if they’re still leading and performing.

Yep agree, can't give it to Croft, Alex has earned it, but like a few other I have a feeling Darius is going to survive.

If Darius does survive it feels like a major kick in the balls and that we haven't learnt anything or moved forward after last year.

Last edited:
Boyd will start the year as captain. There should be no co- captains, that’s a horrible idea, vice- captain maybe. He will start on the wing or centre and
hopefully be put on notice to aim up or retire gracefully. If not play out your days at Bishop Park. I'm tipping he'll end up with the last option and fade away into retirement at Nundah.

I reckon they will go co-Captains.

I reckon it will be Glenn and Boyd or possibly Glenn and Lodge.

But I hope Boyd has nothing to do with it so he can just concentrate on watching footy.

**** me. If this is Seibold's choice then it proves he has no balls whatsoever and just trying to justify bullshit reasons for keeping boyd in the side.

I really thought we had a coach that could make the hard calls and think of not only the team but the fans, guess I was wrong.

I really thought we had a coach that could make the hard calls and think of not only the team but the fans, guess I was wrong.

In all honesty, i dont want a coach who worries about what the fans think. He lives or dies by his team selections so he needs to do what he thinks. The fans opinions should be meaningless to him. The only people's opinions that should matter are his coaching team. If we win a premiership this year with Boyd in the team the fans wont be bothered at all.

The fans is what keeps this game alive surely that has to count for something don't you think.
In all honesty, i dont want a coach who worries about what the fans think. He lives or dies by his team selections so he needs to do what he thinks. The fans opinions should be meaningless to him. The only people's opinions that should matter are his coaching team. If we win a premiership this year with Boyd in the team the fans wont be bothered at all.

The fans is what keeps this game alive surely that has to count for something don't you think.

absolutely not ... in fact in one of Bennett's books he is quoted as saying something along the lines of "if you listen to what the fans want, it won't be long before you are sitting in the stands with them"

and he is right ... take this forum for example, there are a thousand different opinions and a thousand different team lists (especially this time of year) ... he can't listen to all of them.

absolutely not ... in fact in one of Bennett's books he is quoted as saying something along the lines of "if you listen to what the fans want, it won't be long before you are sitting in the stands with them"

and he is right ... take this forum for example, there are a thousand different opinions and a thousand different team lists (especially this time of year) ... he can't listen to all of them.
And yet the one opinion that is universal is that Boyd is cooked. He trains like a champion but when faced with 17 desperate professionals trying to take him out he caves.
A year ago I was defending him and predicting a big year for him but he spiraled into the abyss. That Seibold continues to count his training performances more highly than his actual form against opposition in games is a legitimate concern. Even more concerning for me was the quote from Seibold when he said that “Boyd has performances in the bank”. That suggests that the other 6 contenders for that last backline spot have to seriously outperform Boyd at training to get game time. And conversely Boyd has to **** up seriously and consecutively during games this year and hurt our premiership chances to be dropped.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncs30
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • Hurrijo
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.