11. Kaufusi
12. Lowe
13. Arrow

14. Horsburgh
15. Fifita
16 Flegler
17 Grant
18. Carrigan

Went with Granville and Grant as the hooking rotation. Picked Fifita on the bench as he can also fill in at centre if there is an injury in the backs and Lowe and Kaufusi have less impact of the bench. I think Gagai is a winger and best there.

https://www.qrl.com.au/about/eligible-players/- I think they got the wrong Bateman at Canberra. John would be a handy addition if fit.

Sorry Sproj, they got us this time.

Scored that massive try for U16's Blues in 2017, and then U18 the last two years. Wasn't great last year at fullback.

Last edited:
I was thinking thinking last night, do you guys think Freddy would ever go with Nofoaluma in Origin?

If you're basing the selection on form, he's clearly outperforming Ferguson (incumbent right winger) and Cotric (right winger from Game 1 last season).

He's undoubtedly the best winger in the competition at the moment and still only 26, I think Freddy would be insane not to pick him.

This is what I believe the NSW team should be if it were picked on form today:

1. James Tedesco
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Tom Trbojevic
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary
8. David Klemmer
9. Damien Cook
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jack Wighton
15. Cameron Murray
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Payne Haas

This is what I believe the NSW team should be if it were picked on form today:

1. James Tedesco
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Tom Trbojevic
5. David Nofoaluma
6. Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary
8. David Klemmer
9. Damien Cook
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jack Wighton
15. Cameron Murray
16. Daniel Saifiti
17. Payne Haas
I'd say this is pretty close to perfect in terms of who they'll pick, barring injuries and suspensions of course.

This is the first series in a couple of years where I think we'll be close to matching NSW personnel wise. The emergence of Grant, along with Ponga and Munster continuing to improve in their roles and DCE being basically at the peak of his powers currently, I think our spine actually looks really good.

We have a much more no frills Forward pack, but they have some good runs on the board at this level and the young guys on the Bench are hopefully going to be a big part of the next decade for us.

1. Ponga
2. Feldt
3. Morgan
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Arrow
9. Grant
10. Papalli
11. Kaufusi
12. Fifita
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Flegler
16. Horsburgh
17. Carrigan

- This spine is a no brainer for mine. Hunt has done a fine job in the Dummy Half role but week by week Grant just continues to prove harder and harder to leave out or even start off the Bench. Hunt is a perfect Utility though and definitely has a role to play for us.

- Complete drop off in form for Oates and lack of options in the Centres means Gagai bascially has to be retained there, which opens up the door for Kyle Feldt who has probably earned his shot after going so close previously. His backup goal kicking and in particular his outstanding kickoff ability are also nice added bonuses.

- The Forward pack is far from flashy but for me they've gotten the job done against much bigger names before, so I'm prepared to back them again.

- I've opted for youth on the bench. These guys are likely to be the core of our Middle Forwards for a long time to come and I have no hesitation in giving them debuts over the tried and proven guys who have mixed results like Napa, Wallace, Glasby etc. Welch is probably the only middle Forward with experience that I'd consider over any of these younger guys.

- Outside of this squad, Lindsay Collins continues to go from strength to strength and we should get him into camp as an 18th or 19th man. Ethan Lowe is probably the most unlucky to miss out as he was epic for Queensland last year and it wouldn't take much for him to unseat Kaufusi or even jag a bench role. With such a short turnaround between games he's someone who could instantly plug into the side and do hos job.

*** P.S - someone in the Queensland heirachy really urgently needs to enquire about convincing Moeaki Fotuaika to make himself available for Queensland.

Last edited:
That Storm kid going to the Titans is a Qlder isn’t it he? Get him in there for sure if he is.

That Storm kid going to the Titans is a Qlder isn’t it he? Get him in there for sure if he is.

Yeah, Tino. I'd be pretty keen to see what he's got off the bench this year, think he'd have an immediate impact.

I've got a smokey or two in my side, but I think they'd be seriously good selections:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Valentine Holmes
3. Kurt Mann
4. Dane Gagai
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Papalii
9. Harry Grant
10. Josh McGuire
11. David Fifita
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Jai Arrow

14. Moses Mbye
15. Tino Faasuamaleaui
16. Lindsay Collins
17. Corey Horsburgh

18. Patrick Carrigan

Most controversial selection is probably Kurt Mann, but seriously, I've watched every Knights game this year, the bloke knows how to play. Very solid defensively on the left as well. I think he'd be the ideal left centre for Queensland.

Lindsay Collins marginally controversial as well, but once again, the numbers don't lie, nor does the eye test. Absolutely made for Origin.

I’d also be going a bit left field:

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Mann
4. Gagai
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. McGuire
11. Fifita
12. Lowe
13. Arrow

14. Mahoney
15. Collins
16. Molo
17. Tino

There’s youth in there but some of these guys will form the basis of the next decade. No Bronco deserves to make it but the two guys in there will do well in a well-coached side with something to play for, they already are in a horribly coached side with seemingly nothing to play for.

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Mann
4. Gagai
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. McGuire
11. Fifita
12. Lowe
13. Arrow

14. Mahoney
15. Collins
16. Molo
17. Tino

There’s youth in there but some of these guys will form the basis of the next decade. No Bronco deserves to make it but the two guys in there will do well in a well-coached side with something to play for, they already are in a horribly coached side with seemingly nothing to play for.

You could make an argument for all of those guys except Coates, no way on earth he's even close to prepared for the physicality of Origin. In my opinion he's still not even prepared for NRL.

I was thinking thinking last night, do you guys think Freddy would ever go with Nofoaluma in Origin?

If you're basing the selection on form, he's clearly outperforming Ferguson (incumbent right winger) and Cotric (right winger from Game 1 last season).

He's undoubtedly the best winger in the competition at the moment and still only 26, I think Freddy would be insane not to pick him.

You are right, Nofoaluma is having a great season so far but might be a bit far to say Freddy is insane to go with either Ferguson or Cotric instead after they did the job for him last year.

There are always some selections in Origin that favour incumbency over form, Nofoaluma strikes me as the kind of guy that will need an injury or two to get a look in, especially as the Tigers aren't a media darling club so won't have his barrow pushed as hard as it could be.

You are right, Nofoaluma is having a great season so far but might be a bit far to say Freddy is insane to go with either Ferguson or Cotric instead after they did the job for him last year.

There are always some selections in Origin that favour incumbency over form, Nofoaluma strikes me as the kind of guy that will need an injury or two to get a look in, especially as the Tigers aren't a media darling club so won't have his barrow pushed as hard as it could be.

If they were performing similarly, I'd agree, but it's not exactly close..

Nofoaluma (7 games) - 8 tries, 5 line-breaks, 3 try assists, 46 tackle breaks, 203.4 metres per game.

Cotric (7 games) - 3 tries, 3 line-breaks, 1 try assist, 39 tackle breaks, 111.3 metres per game.

Ferguson (7 games) - 0 tries, 1 line-break, 0 try assists, 24 tackle breaks, 169.6 metres per game.

You could make an argument for all of those guys except Coates, no way on earth he's even close to prepared for the physicality of Origin. In my opinion he's still not even prepared for NRL.

Like I said, it’s left-field but I actually disagree, I think he IS looking NRL ready comfortably. He’s a shining light in a team of darkness.

Yeah, Tino. I'd be pretty keen to see what he's got off the bench this year, think he'd have an immediate impact.

I've got a smokey or two in my side, but I think they'd be seriously good selections:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Valentine Holmes
3. Kurt Mann
4. Dane Gagai
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Papalii
9. Harry Grant
10. Josh McGuire
11. David Fifita
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Jai Arrow

14. Moses Mbye
15. Tino Faasuamaleaui
16. Lindsay Collins
17. Corey Horsburgh

18. Patrick Carrigan

Most controversial selection is probably Kurt Mann, but seriously, I've watched every Knights game this year, the bloke knows how to play. Very solid defensively on the left as well. I think he'd be the ideal left centre for Queensland.

Lindsay Collins marginally controversial as well, but once again, the numbers don't lie, nor does the eye test. Absolutely made for Origin.
Gotta say, I completely overlooked Mann.

He's been terrific for the Knights, seriously underrated in their performances this season. I'm not sure how much Centre he's played but he isn't exactly up against much competition for the position. I like this call a lot.

I do think Carrigan will prove himself too good to leave out. Tino and Collins look like they have huge potential but I think Carrigan playing Lock and starting all year will help push him over the line compared to guys who are finding it harder to get minutes in comparatively stronger teams. I could see either of them possibly pushing Flegler out though.

I also don't see Hunt getting dropped. Mal just awarded him the Ron McAuliffe medal for 2019 and in truth he's been really good for the Maroons in a role he doesn't play week in week out. He's almost certainly in front of Mbye for the Bench role, and even that is assuming that Grant will be able to overcome him for the #9 jersey which is still far from guaranteed.

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Mann
4. Gagai
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. McGuire
11. Fifita
12. Lowe
13. Arrow

14. Mahoney
15. Collins
16. Molo
17. Tino

You were given an inch and you chose to run a mile with it. Coates position in the Broncos side is far from settled, let alone playing Origin. You've way jumped the gun on that one. It's not deserved and it's not likely to end well. Someone like Feldt has so many more runs on the board it isn't funny.

Molo is a good call, I think he's been awesome for the Cowboys, but I think he's got a few guys in front of him at this stage.

Last edited:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Valentine Holmes
3. Kurt Mann
4. Dane Gagai
5. Kyle Feldt
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Papalii
9. Harry Grant
10. Josh McGuire
11. David Fifita
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Jai Arrow

14. Moses Mbye
15. Tino Faasuamaleaui
16. Lindsay Collins
17. Corey Horsburgh

18. Patrick Carrigan

Like this team. Mann wasn't even on my radar. If Wests continue upward, Mbye could be a chance of jagging a centre spot. As immense as Gagai has been in Origin, he got pulled (pretty sure no injury) for Roberts at Souths against Penrith.

Think Welch will make it in. And I wouldn't be averse to a Friend/Grant rotation if Mbye starts. Middle will be proper quick.

Last edited:
Like this team. Mann wasn't even on my radar. If Wests continue upward, Mbye could be a chance of jagging a centre spot. As immense as Gagai has been in Origin, he got pulled (pretty sure no injury) for Roberts at Souths against Penrith.

Think Welch will make it in. And I wouldn't be averse to a Friend/Grant rotation if Mbye starts. Middle will be proper quick.
I'm not remotely concerned about Gagai at Souths. The guy goes up about three or four levels when he puts on an Origin jersey. His selection is an absolute no brainer based on what he's done for Queensland already.

As for Friend/Grant, there is simply bugger all chance Hunt isn't going to be part of the side. he just got the Ron McAuliffe medal and Walters clearly loves him. His selection is another on that's all but certain at this point.

Qld may as well give the series away before it starts if they pick Kaufusi.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.