2020 Round 1 Line up

Milf, Staggs and Bird have been our only quality backline this year. Milf may be overpaid, but not by much. Dude is now one of the best in play kickers in the league, but he's also the ONLY in play kicker on our team making things twice as difficult.

To be fair on Seibold, moving Milford to FB last year wasn't actually that bad of an idea.
Was it ideal, no.
Did it serve a purpose, yes.

But look at it from this point of view.
We had a fullback that was Shit house, like completely out of his depth last year. We couldn't afford to drop Boyd completely from the side as we had **** all experience on the field as it was.
We had multiple injuries to our halves.
We had 2 other hookers that were first grade standard to go with Turpin.
Isaako who could cover fullback, was so far out of form and was clearly not in the right head space due to his fathers issues.
Bird was injured who could've covered FB or FE.

So moving Milf to FB gave him an opportunity to game manage both sides of the field and direct from the back. He was also our best option for fullback due to the injuries, form, other issues etc.
Hiding Boyd at FE didn't work but there wasn't exactly another option with Bird injured.
Turpin at HB wasn't ideal, but at least he could defend there, he developed his kicking game which will only help us this year and its definitely going to help his game management.
Macca was typical Macca and actually started playing decent footy toward the end of the year when he knew he only had to play 50-60min with Sege on the bench.

Yea we can carry on that Seibold is fucked, blah blah blah.
But without the multiple injuries to key players that we suffered this year, it could've been a vastly different season especially if you look at the changes he made to the side.
When you have 5 or 6 different spine combinations due to injury, your team is never going to have direction or string together wins.
Yeah. All this!

Plus we actually managed to make the finals [emoji28] shouldn't have.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Kahu/Farnworth/Coates/Niu/Perese/Arthurs/Vudogo//Kennar
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10.Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Carrigan
13. Glenn

14. Ofahengaue
15. Pangai Junior
16. Flegler
17 McCullough (Hopefully he can play a McInnes type role in the second row as well not just hooker)
18. Kennedy

We seem very short on forward bodies with only 13 in the Squad, especially if we lose Hopoate and we sign Croft. We have Peterson Robati, Leigh (Riki) and Bullemore as development players so maybe that is enough in entirety.

I wonder if Kahu will sign somewhere else after getting preseason payments from the Broncos? Bird and Hopoate are a chance of going too I guess.

We have halves that can do all of that and we have a half that has learnt from one of the best in the business and we have halves that are around one of the best halfbacks of all time. We've always had that. What we haven't had is a half that can manage a side, and that's not something Croft can do. We'll be paying for something we've already got.
like what tell me who the **** can manage a side at the bronx

I’d like a side with a bit of energy and enthusiasm. If that means leaving out our “big name” players then I’m actually fine with it.

I don’t even care if we lose, as long as we’re trying. At least it would motivate players like Bird, Boyd and Milford to come back and make a difference to the side. We could even drip feed them back in one by one.

If we were to really shake up the side in order to make a statement for round 1. It’d be exciting more than anything.

1. Tesi Niu
2. Xavier Coates
3. Izaia Perese
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jesse Arthars
6. Jamayne Isaako
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Corey Oates
12. David Fifita
13. Tevita Pangai
17. Joe Ofahengaue
i don't think having our asses whooped would be exciting
[automerge]1574679383[/automerge]
So we’ll have around 5 million dollars playing qcup. I dunno man....
who gives a shit... would you rather win a couple games with 5 million in q cup or lose games and play that 5 million

Last edited:
The team I'd like to see ....

1. (Rookie Fullback out of new options)
2. Coates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Issako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn
13. Carrigan

14. TPJ
15. Offahengue
16. Flegler
17. Oates

18. Paix

I think the bench strategy could and should change week to week depending on what sort of team we're playing.

I like going with an all forwards bench as we have so many talented FRF/2RF options

Oates I think should make way for the other strike players. I always thought he was out best winger but times are changing. With the guys like Coates and Farnsworth coming through, I'd rather see Corey play the position he believes thinks he belongs in. Noted positive, he can also then be outside back cover.

I don't believe issako is our answer for fullback. Just don't see it working with the balance of the side.. think he's a winger. I also like the idea of going with a fresh unknown at 1 if one of them puts their hand up in preseason and hits the ground running. (Seems Seibold might be going for this as he's stacked the side with talented (potential) rookie fullbacks)

I don't rate offahengue, he's really not a net positive attack or defence player and is kind of just making up numbers...

For mine, Glenn has to start. He's going to be named captain, and Carrigan is apparently seen as a leader too and should also be given a starting number. He could be the Cameron Murray or Victor Radley of our makeup. Not a huge body, but tough hard running outright footy player (what I thought Bird might become but we need strike in the centres)

So yeah. That's my take. Pick it apart as you wish but to me especially, both your bench and starting side should have balance. Mix of Strike and Control.

Lodge, Glenn & Carrigan = Control
Fifita & Haas = Strike

TPJ & Oates/Paix = Strike
Flegler & Offa = Control

I think we should all start preparing for McCullough and Boyd being in the starting 13 to start the season. They're renowned for being good trainers / extremely fit, they'll win the jobs in pre-season despite how shit they are.

What I want to start the season with -

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth / Arthars / Coates / Perese
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Glenn
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

What I think we'll start the season with -

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai Jr

14. Turpin
15. Carrigan
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai Jr

14. Turpin
15. Carrigan
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

As much as I don;t think that is our best side (and neither do you of course!) I do think it is a better side overall than what we ran out with most of last season

We probably all agree a change to the 1 and 9 of that line up is all we need to actually get excited :)

I think we should all start preparing for McCullough and Boyd being in the starting 13 to start the season. They're renowned for being good trainers / extremely fit, they'll win the jobs in pre-season despite how shit they are.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Glenn
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai Jr

14. Turpin
15. Carrigan
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler
Seibold has stated Macca is now "behind" Turpin at hooker. Whether that means Macca is on the bench or left right out is yet to be seen. My guess is he'll probably persist with that 50 minute rotation shit that never resulted in dick.

Last edited:
Seibold has stated Macca is now "behind" Turpin at hooker. Whether that means Macca is on the bench or left right out is yet to be seen. My guess is he'll probably persist with that 50 minute rotation shit that never resulted in dick.

Macca off the bench in a 30 minute impact role, that'd be nearly grounds for immediate termination without a payout for Seibs, he better be careful.

Macca off the bench in a 30 minute impact role, that'd be nearly grounds for immediate termination without a payout for Seibs, he better be careful.
Yeah it makes very little sense. I bet it's what we get though. I'd still prefer that playing Paix there for 10-15 minutes a game and ruining his development.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Glenn
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai Jr

14. Turpin
15. Carrigan
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler

This is 100% what the team should be and also 100% what will end up happening.

/end thread

Boyd starts on the wing. Isaako should be fullback. Perese in the utility spot. Oh yeah Boyd is our best Bronco. I know 99 percent of you will disagree but I'll be your 1 percenter.

And the results are in, 1 percent voted yes for Boyd being the best current Bronco while 100 percent voted no. Just letting you know there is a one percent margin of error.

Last edited:
I'm happy Kahu is back maybe he will take the blame instead of Boyd.

Our best three in 2020 will be Boyd, Isaako and perese. The worse will be Lodge, Fifita and the forever shit macca. Isaako will be the Dally M. Mark my words.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Browny
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.