2020 Round 1 Line up

Agreed... At times Offa was a liability in the middle of the field, and can be very poor in ruck defense.

It's odd because he was massive for us as starting lock in 2018.... I'm not sure the style of lock changed much between 2018 and 2019 to explain that, but his enthusiasm for work in his 2019 stints was just not there compared to 2018.

I can see why Seibold went with TPJ early in the year as he wanted his big impact middle on the field for long periods of the game, but he seems more suited to second row (if he gets his defence sorted).

Pat is the man for me... starting lock next year leading into the captain soon after.
Offa turns too slow. Very poor lateral movement. I don't rate him at all. He's 25 now. Every chsnce he's had at starting or in a big game he's completely blown it.

Dobbo (grain of salt) was saying they’ll be shipping bird off because Darius will be in the centres with Staggs.

Dobbo (grain of salt) was saying they’ll be shipping bird off because Darius will be in the centres with Staggs.

What a disgrace if true. He'll get his 15 games and then "stay true to himself" and go around again in 2021.

Last edited:
Offa turns too slow. Very poor lateral movement. I don't rate him at all. He's 25 now. Every chsnce he's had at starting or in a big game he's completely blown it.

He'll be another Nick Kenny.

Right boys, we are a bit clearer now on next year's starting line-up after Seibold's latest brainwave has been announced. We got DarryB at left centre (possibly still captain), Macca at number 14 on the bench to come in and provide some elusiveness and creativity when Turpin tires, and as yet, no halfback (but possibly Storm reject, Brodie Croft). With possibly Milf back to 6 to bomb it on the last again. Oh don't forget, Shiba on the bench too most likely. Can't fucking wait, roll on 2020.

Last edited:
Seriously. We need to have Boyd Macca and Gillett in QCup and make it clear they need to leave to get first grade. No point having them room around next year no matter the position. We must move them on. If we sign Croft he will need a defensive minder like Carroll or Parker did for Lockyer.

Right boys, we are a bit clearer now on next year's starting line-up after Seibold's latest brainwave has been announced. We got DarryB at left centre (possibly still captain), Macca at number 14 on the bench to come in and provide some elusiveness and creativity when Turpin tires, and as yet, no halfback (but possibly Storm reject, Brodie Croft). With possibly Milf back to 6 to bomb it on the last again. Oh don't forget, Shiba on the bench too most likely. Can't fucking wait, roll on 2020.

I'm particularly excited about when Milford will choose to get involved in each game, if at all.

Anyone watch the women's game? Any rule that says Briggenshaw can't play for us? Fucking a better option at halfback than Turpin lol.
Yeah, she can throw a good ball. Bit of old school about her.

Yeah she's great. Amber Tilly is also a shoe in for the other centre spot. Miles better than Shibasaki [emoji23]

*Pilley (sorry)

We weren’t joking when we were asking for the girls to take over the spine last year

which brainwave was it that was it announced ...

was it when Badel said that Boyd was free to look elsewhere next year

or was it the one where Badel announced that Boyd was not in Seibolds plans for round one and would start the year in the ISC

maybe it was the one where Badel announced that he would be playing center next season.

FFS, we are less than one fucking week into our pre-season, and it is unlikely that Seibs has made any concrete decisions on who is playing where in 2020 ...

2. Corey Oates
3. Katoni Staggs
4. Xavier Coates
5. Jamayn Issako
8. Payne Hass
9. Jake Turpin
10. Matt Lodge
11. David Fifita
12. Tevita Pangai Jr
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Thomas Flegler
15. James Segeyaro
16. Matt Gillet
17. Jo Ofangahue

Fair few holes to fill I think.

2. Corey Oates
3. Katoni Staggs
4. Xavier Coates
5. Jamayn Issako
8. Payne Hass
9. Jake Turpin
10. Matt Lodge
11. David Fifita
12. Tevita Pangai Jr
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Thomas Flegler
15. James Segeyaro
16. Matt Gillet
17. Jo Ofangahue

Fair few holes to fill I think.

So is Issako gonna play fullback, or do we try to buy someone, what does everyone think? Seems like Milford will go back to 6, we bring in a new half, so that leaves fullback to fill. I would think Issako is going to have to make some pretty big improvements to be effective at the back.

I personally would be in favour of Seibold bringing Alex Johnston in. I think with Johnston's desire to play fullback, and with their association from 2018, this is a possibility. He would offer more than Issako, who can stay on the wing, if in the team at all.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on Perese mate? After watching him a lot this year, i dont see a center in him at all. I find him a bit lazy at times and i dont think his awareness defensively has improved as much as i hoped it would. He still doesnt seem totally at ease playing league yet. I do think he would do some real damage as a winger. He isnt the biggest, but he could just play simple and do what he excels at which is just running hard.

On a side note, sad to Aaron Whitchurch retiring for Reddy. If he could have improved his ball handling, i think there was a pretty decent NRL player in him.

Yeah haven’t changed too much since March. Great at running and playing selfish football. I don’t mean that as a negative. But not great at understanding the game or the small things inside a game. Certainly improved.

You can rule Croft out fellas, he won't be playing for us next year. Don't rule Blake Austin out of the equation to be signed to a halves spot is what I have been told.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.