OLYMPICS 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Bronze for Ash in the decathlon huge effort... well done young man!!

Now let's head over to our expert decathlon reporter @Sproj.. you called him from a long way out!!

What a result! He's basically PB'd everything and he's only 20. He needs to work on his throwing and 1500m but outside of that, he's amazing!

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Boomers choke.

Hockeyroos choke.

Kookaburras choke.

Peter Bol chokes.

What a shit couple of days for Australia.
I didn't see the kookaburras or hockeyroos games (although I saw the end of the kookas shoot out and it was pretty horrendous), but I'd say all the others were outsiders. Along with the Matildas

Can't choke when no one expects you to win!!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I didn't see the kookaburras or hockeyroos games (although I saw the end of the kookas shoot out and it was pretty horrendous), but I'd say all the others were outsiders. Along with the Matildas

It has actually been an incredible two days, absolutely incredible. 3 gold, 1 silver, 4 or 5 bronze, incredible. The only real disappointments were the Kookaburras and the Boomers but they put up an incredible show, no choking there at all, they were just beaten by better sides.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Percentage per population how fucking good is Australia!

absolute animals, love it.

“If I had to take hell I’d use Australian diggers to take it”. (We won’t mention nz) “Rommel”

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Alright, so on to tomorrow with more medals incoming, just a matter of which colour in beach volleyball and boxing.

Some big chances as well in javelin (3 finalists). Outside chances in walking and a few other events.

Beach Volleyball is obviously the big one here.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Alright, so on to tomorrow with more medals incoming, just a matter of which colour in beach volleyball and boxing.

Some big chances as well in javelin (3 finalists). Outside chances in walking and a few other events.

Beach Volleyball is obviously the big one here.
Come on the volleyball girls!!

What time is it on??

I know Canada were the number 1 seed, but every US athlete is arrogant and play like they are the best... almost a win at all costs mentality. The US are also a nation that fucking loves a winner... they seem to be the opposite of Australia with the tall poppy tearing down of winners that we do and where we only love you if you're an underdog.

The Aussie girls looked to be focussed and confident in their skills, but volleyball is one of those sports where shit can just go against you and the sets can feel like an eternity when you're in front or short and sharp when you're behind. I hope they don't feel like the Canada game was their gold medal GF match and get complacent... but it might have helped that they played a game in between Canada and the gold medal to reset on the ultimate goal.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I thought Belgium were the better team and USA the better teams. Don’t think Kookas, Matildas, or Boomers choked really, just not good enough.
Hockeyroos definitely choked tho.

I never said Matildas choked.

The others definitely choked. Kookaburras are the world #1 and were ruthless throughout that comp and should have come away with the gold, but they saved their worst performance for last.. And that penalty shootout.. That's a choke.

Boomers had USA shot. They were well on top and were running away with it. USA's gameplan was pass it to KD and stand and watch. There wasn't any quick ball movement or plays being run, they were turning the ball over too easily and their shooting was poor by their standards. Then Patty Mills gets an extended break, Thybulle doesn't get involved all that much and suddenly we start doing what we had been doing all tournament, taking our foot off the pedal.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

The only outsiders were Boomers.

Bol wasn't this massive outsider a lot of people made him out to be. That competition he had in that final was the type of competition you dream of. Very beatable. There were no serial winners in that field. He went in with the second fastest time and was most definitely a big chance for a medal. But he fucked it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We're getting close now.

Sorry, I've been catching up on all the work I missed yesterday but so far this morning, Aussie male walker finished 8th in the walk in oppressive conditions, was an excellent result all things considered.

The men in the 4x canoe have qualified for the semis to be run tomorrow in the second fastest time. Germany looks a slight level above but they were beaten in the 2x, so who knows what will happen in the final.

Hannah Green is sitting in fifth in the golf with 1 and a half rounds remaining. The leader is a mile ahead of everyone though.

DanG

DanG

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
We're getting close now.

Sorry, I've been catching up on all the work I missed yesterday but so far this morning, Aussie male walker finished 8th in the walk in oppressive conditions, was an excellent result all things considered.

The men in the 4x canoe have qualified for the semis to be run tomorrow in the second fastest time. Germany looks a slight level above but they were beaten in the 2x, so who knows what will happen in the final.

Hannah Green is sitting in fifth in the golf with 1 and a half rounds remaining. The leader is a mile ahead of everyone though.
was starting to think something had happened to you, hadn't seen an Olympics update in a while.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Hannah Green up to 4th in the golf. Why am I watching it? Because I'm trying to calm down before the volleyball!

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Hannah Green up to 4th in the golf. Why am I watching it? Because I'm trying to calm down before the volleyball!
Just heard US are number 2 in the world.

Think I heard the Aussies are no. 5??

Definitely wont be an easy game just because they got past Canada... US will feel like it's theirs to lose and their athletes like to come in as entitled front runners

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Harry Garside will be fighting Andy Cruz at 3:45.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
A LONG way to go in this but Green is now tied for third, she's motoring.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Bucking Beads
  • bazza
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Cavalo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • john1420
  • Lostboy
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.