2021 Trial #1 - Broncos vs Wynnum Manly [LIVE STREAM]

not too much to take out of this trial game to be honest..

Only 2 thing spop into my head...

1. Id like to play a pre-seaosn game with Copley and Mead at centre. We are going to need experienced, cool heads in there who can communciate with their inside & outside men. Can those 2 provide it? We need to give it a go..

2. Anyone got Danny Levis number...?
I think Mead on a wing outside Farnworth might be a decent idea. Copley could take right centre until Staggs is back but his defensive stats of the last few years has been terrible. It would bring some more experience to to the backline but the experience isn’t exactly Gasnier returning from super league.

Lodge still appears to like his silly position offloads....Niu didnt impress much for the talk he gets. Walsh, certainty to become fullback if his head stays screwed on. TPJ looked slower, maybe some cobwebs and lack of game speed for NRL.

ISC draws with last year's wooden spooners vs ISC team beating top 8 contender... apparently the broncos still more important than titans regardless of how many advantages and positive press the NSWRL rams down their throat

I might be sounding a bit harsh here - but the fact i had to watch the game last night via the Wynnum feed as the Broncos' feed just never materialized sort of spells out just how fucked the administrative side of our organisation has become.

Re-arrange these words to spell out their current status "Fucked Totally"
They were made redundant, how fucking hard is that to understand. 1910 has mentioned this multiple times, yet still people moan about it and somehow connect it with our administration.

This probably wasn't a bad first hit out. I know alot of people expect us to put a score on these Q cup teams when we face them because we're "the broncos" and they're a Q cup team.

When you look at these Q cup teams though generally the core of them have been together for years so they know eachother inside and out. Additionally there are some pretty smart and hard footy players who while they aren't NRL standard they are still bloody good footy players.

Our team was a combination of guys who to be fair will never be more then Q cup players along with some young guys full of potential and a handfull of genuine nrl players who probaby did stand out from the rest.

If we had of gotten a flogging I'd be concerned but i wouldn't read too much into the result, more individual performances. Next weeks result I'd suggest will provide more of an insight into how the team is travelling.

They were made redundant, how fucking hard is that to understand. 1910 has mentioned this multiple times, yet still people moan about it and somehow connect it with our administration.
Mate if they're advertising they are streaming the game on their website and fail to get it up and running it's our admin that need a good kick up the arse. It's such a terrible look.

When? 4 years ago I’m guessing.

I honestly don't think it's that big a deal. It's always been on Wynnum's Facebook page and it isn't considered an official trial.

Not disagreeing but I think that aspect or rather that aspects quality in this game isn't as important as you feel it is.
Yes, you are right as the first string players may fix that problem. I just hope we have worked on the defensive system as I think that our attacking and defensive systems were the biggest problem. Yes player attitudes were shit last year but it was like nobody knew what their job was in defense or attack. I just hope those base level systems have been addressed and we defend with some semblance of line speed. I am probably expecting too much for a trial to determinativey show that either way.

Deadset, the Broncos have been bought down to the level of the rest of the comp. This article is almost unreadable there are that many errors in it (yes I am slightly exaggerating).
The bad/had typo was particularly....had

Last edited:
I honestly don't think it's that big a deal. It's always been on Wynnum's Facebook page and it isn't considered an official trial.

On its own of course it isn’t but it is a symptom of a wider problem at the club, there is no accountability. When you have been doing it for year on end and screwing it up every time but advertising for it, it is absolutely pathetic for a so-called professional organisation.

A lot of fans may have had no idea about the Wynnum link as I’m sure most of us wouldn’t had we not been on this forum. As a club, you ask for a lot of money from your members each year and this is one of the first times of the year where you can show some love to them and give them something they are excited about and want.

Instead, they can’t even be bothered to make it work once again and don’t even issue an apology or a re-direct to the thread elsewhere. It’s just a total lack of care for your diehards and shows an attitude of taking them for granted.

On its own of course it isn’t but it is a symptom of a wider problem at the club, there is no accountability. When you have been doing it for year on end and screwing it up every time but advertising for it, it is absolutely pathetic for a so-called professional organisation.

A lot of fans may have had no idea about the Wynnum link as I’m sure most of us wouldn’t had we not been on this forum. As a club, you ask for a lot of money from your members each year and this is one of the first times of the year where you can show some love to them and give them something they are excited about and want.

Instead, they can’t even be bothered to make it work once again and don’t even issue an apology or a re-direct to the thread elsewhere. It’s just a total lack of care for your diehards and shows an attitude of taking them for granted.
It was a last minute arrangement, it wasn't like the Eels/Dragons or Tigers/Roosters trial which were advertised well in advance. Most fans wouldn't have been aware of it and that's especially true since fans were still asking where they could watch the stream on here.

I'm not saying it's great, but it's really not worth the tears.

It was a last minute arrangement, it wasn't like the Eels/Dragons or Tigers/Roosters trial which were advertised well in advance. Most fans wouldn't have been aware of it and that's especially true since fans were still asking where they could watch the stream on here.

I'm not saying it's great, but it's really not worth the tears.

Yeah but it is, not just got the reasons above but also for the importance of attention to detail, these sort of things all add up and lead to how you eventually end up with contracts with no performance clauses, misdiagnosed injuries and key players available for poaching.

Again, on its own no big deal but over time, yes a massive problem of a wider cancer at the club.

Why is it? South Sydney, Gold Coast nor Newcastle didn't even bother to stream their trials. Brisbane couldn't get it to work on their website, so they simply informed fans to watch it through their facebook page. That seems reasonable to me.

I'm appreciative that we were able to see the trial at all and the coverage was actually pretty good as far as NRL trials are concerned. I'm really surprised by the animosity.

Because it’s one thing after another with this team. They don’t seem to get anything right, almost ever. There are people who get paid to do sweet **** all at this club and it’s a constant stream of them making promises and never delivering. If people are frustrated it’s within reason.

They still couldn’t get it right. We had to rely on a tech guy at Wynnum, the part time club that drew with us on the night by the way, to get the job done because we simply couldn’t do it. Glad we got to watch it, but the constant issues just keep coming and you should be able to understand why it’s frustrating that such a professional club can’t get things right.

They still couldn’t get it right. We had to rely on a tech guy at Wynnum, the part time club that drew with us on the night by the way, to get the job done because we simply couldn’t do it. Glad we got to watch it, but the constant issues just keep coming and you should be able to understand why it’s frustrating that such a professional club can’t get things right.
So should just have done the same thing as South’s and not tried at all? Better to not do it than try and fail yeah?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • LittleDavey
  • Behind enemy lines
  • simplythebest
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncsNBundy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mitch222
  • Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • Yem
... and 70 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.