2021 Trial #1 - Broncos vs Wynnum Manly [LIVE STREAM]

But calling people weak as piss for thinking that team should have beaten a bunch of part timers is fine. I see, it only matters depending on who they’re referring to.
It’s a trial game FFS. It is about seeing if our reserves have anything worth persisting with and getting guys like Lodge and TPJ a run. I mean the Titans lost theirs against part timers so by your logic should we set the ladder as 15. Broncos and 16. Titans?

Wash did everything I said he would. Great first game against men.

I watched him pretty closely and a few things stood out. First kick he retrieved he brought back he got sort of whacked but second one they flogged him, he jumped straight up and clapped the three forwards and walked away.

He was very vocal from the start and talked the line through what he wants.

Five minutes before halftime he was down in the in goal gassed. Absolutely done but he saw out the half and went another 25 minutes after that. That’s pretty good for a guy that hasn’t played since October 2019 and had a shoulder op last year.

Deadset, the Broncos have been bought down to the level of the rest of the comp. This article is almost unreadable there are that many errors in it (yes I am slightly exaggerating).

Deadset, the Broncos have been bought down to the level of the rest of the comp. This article is almost unreadable there are that many errors in it (yes I am slightly exaggerating).
Yes the typos are horrendous. Either the writer was a dog or is a drunk human

I thought Robati went well for Wynnum too on their edge- he’s a Broncos’ kid and at only 18 stood up with strong carries.

Willison was great in defence, I can’t figure out how he is so mobile. He saved two tries covering across.

Bullemor played 65 minutes and was running really hard and smart with his runs.

Last edited:

Remember Trad was surplus.

It’s just a trial article. It doesn’t matter. Nothing actually matters at the Broncos

I wouldn't panic because in no shape or form would represent our starting 13. Even Walsh as good as he was, will likely see an occasional bench spot so he can develop for later in the season.
I think Copley will start round 1 and bullymore looks good for a bench spot but that's about it. By the sound of Niu need Qld cup time to work on a few things going into the season but I guess we'll see.

Any chance of a being able to watch this game anywhere or at least highlights? Or is that expecting too much from a trial

Any chance of a being able to watch this game anywhere or at least highlights? Or is that expecting too much from a trial
Looks like the Wynnum stream is still working on Facebook

Last edited:
I might be sounding a bit harsh here - but the fact i had to watch the game last night via the Wynnum feed as the Broncos' feed just never materialized sort of spells out just how fucked the administrative side of our organisation has become.

Re-arrange these words to spell out their current status "Fucked Totally"

Yeah I sort of wonder how a club that wants to build momentum going into a new season can't be bothered getting things like that right. The game sold out and you basically get free advertising to promote the team. Why wouldnt you do your best to get it out there. Throw in some shots of few local celebrities that have hailed from there watching and make it a bit more glitzy.
Sure it's just a trial but it's also an opportunity. You don't get that many games to do what you like with them as a showcase.
It's like they are stuck in the same mindset of 30 years ago. We just won the spoon. We need every positive media angle we can get.

I might be sounding a bit harsh here - but the fact i had to watch the game last night via the Wynnum feed as the Broncos' feed just never materialized sort of spells out just how fucked the administrative side of our organisation has become.

Re-arrange these words to spell out their current status "Fucked Totally"
It’s whatever system they use cause the exact same issue was happening on qrl’s site as well

not too much to take out of this trial game to be honest..

Only 2 thing spop into my head...

1. Id like to play a pre-seaosn game with Copley and Mead at centre. We are going to need experienced, cool heads in there who can communciate with their inside & outside men. Can those 2 provide it? We need to give it a go..

2. Anyone got Danny Levis number...?

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • phoenix
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • davidp
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • MrMoore
  • Manlyman
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.