2021 Trial #1 - Broncos vs Wynnum Manly [LIVE STREAM]

He looks the part. Let’s let him develop before we burn him out though. He hasn‘t defended against NRL players yet.
He defended against players who defended against Matt Lodge, TPJ, Richie Kennar, etc. Must count for something,

Has anyone seen Tesi Niu do anything that justifies all the hype he arrived with? Even his highlight reel is nothing special. Walsh, on the other hand, he looked like captain out there. And that short kickoff.
Perhaps I’ve missed something but the people I’ve encountered on here at least who have actually seen him play have all been fairly measured and even conservative in their appraisals.

So far as I can see the hype on here has really only come from guys who generally haven’t really seen him play much and likely have just a bit too much faith that the hacks at the Courier Fail have actually seen him play too, which they almost certainly haven’t.

Last edited:
Lucky I've got a warriors jersey
But have you worn it to court?

632F626C 1D95 4A06 9FFF 591650E40FD8

I didn’t even recognise half the “Broncos” playing tonight but in saying that is nothing new for the trial against Wynnum. What is new is that this is the first trial I’ve seen Wynnum win against the Broncos.
I think they beat us last year... can recall us losing every trial last year, but then winning our first games in NRL, which was the opposite to the year earlier (2019) where we won every trial game but lost in the NRL

Perhaps I’ve missed something but the people I’ve encountered on here at least who have actually seen him play have all been fairly measured and even conservative in their appraisals.

So far as I can see the hype on here has really only come from guys who generally haven’t really seen him play much and likely have just a bit too much faith that the hacks at the Courier Fail have actually seen him play too, which they almost certainly haven’t.
It wasn’t anyone on here, but he arrived with great fanfare being called the next Lockyer etc.

B927F4F4 BF2B 403B 94AD F45325A10FB0

I wasn't all that impressed with Kobe at hooker, but as a running lock he was creating some great momentum through the middle... might be his spot moving forward. I was pretty impressed with Gahan though and would like to get @
Big Pete
Big Pete or someone in the know's opinion on where he stands in the broncos thoughts coming through.

Came through the grades at the Cowboys, never really made that big of an impression before getting a shot at Rohan Smith's team of up and comers. Has found himself constantly rotating with Sio at dummy half where I personally feel he's the less effective player, at least in both attack and defence.

I'll watch the game again, but I can't say he stood out to me. Of all the hookers, Hope once again caught my eye. He's way too erratic, but he just always creates something.

Has anyone seen Tesi Niu do anything that justifies all the hype he arrived with? Even his highlight reel is nothing special. Walsh, on the other hand, he looked like captain out there. And that short kickoff.
The short kick off, the drop outs, the sideline conversion.
The kid just did it without fuss and did it well.
Way too early to get excited, but it’s clear he is calm and confident.
With a bit of fire in his belly too, they’re all great assets for a bright career.

It wasn’t anyone on here, but he arrived with great fanfare being called the next Lockyer etc.

View attachment 11420

But our whole team is the next someone:

Walsh (the next Slater)
Niu (the next Lockyer)
Haas (the next Beetson or something)
Flegler (the next Webcke)
TPJ (the next Thaiday)
Glenn (the next who knows who)
Milford (the next JT / Dave Taylor)
Bullemor (the next Thorn?)
Coates (the next GI)
Kennedy (the next Michael Schumacher)
Kevvie (the next Bennett?)
Piakura (the next SBW)
Dearden (the next Alfie)
Paix (the next Cronk)
Oates (the next Myles)
Cobbo (the next Latrell)
Riki (the next Fifita)

Walsh (the next Slater)
Niu (the next Lockyer)
TPJ (the next Thaiday)
Coates (the next GI)
Piakura (the next SBW)
Dearden (the next Alfie)
Paix (the next Cronk)
Oates (the next Myles)
Cobbo (the next Latrell)
Riki (the next Fifita)
Kennedy though😂

Walsh (the next Slater)
Niu (the next Lockyer)
TPJ (the next Thaiday)
Coates (the next GI)
Piakura (the next SBW)
Dearden (the next Alfie)
Paix (the next Cronk)
Oates (the next Myles)
Cobbo (the next Latrell)
Riki (the next Fifita)
Seibold (Next please)

Last edited:
I don’t want to read through 14 pages, was the game any good?

From the few comments I read:
Walsh good
Niu underwhelming
Lodge TPJ whelming

Came through the grades at the Cowboys, never really made that big of an impression before getting a shot at Rohan Smith's team of up and comers. Has found himself constantly rotating with Sio at dummy half where I personally feel he's the less effective player, at least in both attack and defence.

I'll watch the game again, but I can't say he stood out to me. Of all the hookers, Hope once again caught my eye. He's way too erratic, but he just always creates something.
Thanks Pete.

I felt he just looked a little slicker out of dummy half, but that could just be in comparison to Turps, Paix, Luke and now Kobe.

The little feigns that dummy halves do nowadays looked pretty fluid when he was out there and it helps give the forwards that little bit more room and time before the defence gets onto them... compare that to Macca in the dragons trial and he was doing his usual pointing for the forwards who then proceeded to get belted as Macca telegraphed it before the ptb.

I also liked some of Gahan's passes close to our line... he had the face ball 1m out for Bull's try (which I think was a tough play given Wynnum were offside trying to stop him passing anyway), but he also had another play close to the line not long before that, which almost put someone through.

He didn't really show a break out speed to bust the line and I probably wasn't paying enough attention to his actual passing from DH, given another massive aspect of DH play nowadays are those long bullet passes that cutout 2-3 players and get the halves outside the inside defenders, but I thought he looked pretty natural at dummy half and was just wondering if he might've been a prospect coming through.

I know one of the first things I noticed about Harry Grant were his feigns from dummy half and how easy he makes it look. You may as well assume that whichever way Harry is facing at dummy half is the opposite direction to the way the play is actually going

Last edited:
I don’t want to read through 14 pages, was the game any good?

From the few comments I read:
Walsh good
Niu underwhelming
Lodge TPJ whelming
The first half was decent just for the Walsh plays

Active Now

• Nerd
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manlyman
  • Browny
  • Lozza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Dony Eliakim
  • lynx000
  • RolledOates
  • Ozired
  • Old Mate
  • Fatboy
  • Redux
  • The Don
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.