2021 Trial #2 - Broncos vs Cowboys [LIVE STREAM]

Isaako can’t be fullback. If we sign Capewell for $450k without having done anything to sure up fullback I might give up.

That left edge is absolutely tragic. 100% getting another spoon with that edge there.

Surely, surely there's a fullback and winger in qcup?
Melbourne seem to pull a winger and fullback out of their arses everytime there's an injury or a player leaves.

Only a trial but that sort of capitulation, the same as we saw last year, suggests bottom 4 again.

Last edited:
Like I was saying, they killed us around the ruck. Totally dominated us. They were fast and aggressive in attack and defense. It was only a matter of time they would tire us out and come back and win.

Looks like the same old shit as last year unfortunately. Really pathetic performance as usual by these clowns.

Credit mate, I thought we mitigated that with improved defence and lack of errors. Went to mud almost straight away in the second half. You called it.

Whilst this is only a trial I think this is a reminder just how bad we truly were last year and that it is going to take time to dig out of that.

Credit mate, I thought we mitigated that with improved defence and lack of errors. Went to mud almost straight away in the second half. You called it.
Cheers mate but it was clear as day to see we would lose this game. Our line speed and kick pressure was terrific for about 10 minutes, then they clocked off. Cows were totally dominant. We had no gas left in the 2nd half as I suspected and again, a really tragic and pathetic display.

Yes it's just a trial but is this a sign of things to come?

Well I spoke too soon. That was pathetic, Kev hopefully has seen enough to put Isaako back to wing and bring in that young fella Walsh. Kennar is not grade level and was utterly lost. Hopefully the backline can be fixed because what we dished up there in the second half was last year level terrible, it was obvious a few changes had been made and a few players just couldn't get themselves in the game mentally.

Exactly like the Gold Coast Titans trial I described earlier. They built up a nice lead against a struggling team but when the other team got their act together they had no response.

I don't think the Broncos were that impressive in the first half. Their defence looked as loose as anything and if it wasn't for some individual efforts as well as the quality of the opposition it would have been one way traffic through out. Once the Cowboys got their act together and got the combinations working, they had it all over the Broncos.

This is the reality for the Broncos. There is no team list change that is going to fix this in the short term. Seibs went through every reserve he could and the talent pool has been exhausted. It's going to take at least a year for them to sort themselves out and even then it's going to be a real test of Kevie and his ability to be an NRL coach.

Cheers mate but it was clear as day to see we would lose this game. Our line speed and kick pressure was terrific for about 10 minutes, then they clocked off. Cows were totally dominant. We had no gas left in the 2nd half as I suspected and again, a really tragic and pathetic display.

Yes it's just a trial but is this a sign of things to come?

Hmm I disagree. Cows looked lost in the first half for the most part, they did nothing with the advantage they managed to gain.

Agree about tragic and pathetic though.

We looked good in spells imo. Have to get the balance right in our forwards though. We have plenty of talent there. The backs we don't really have many options.

Same problem as last year, got fucked on one bad call from the ref and the heads dropped like a sack of shit
To be honest with you I think a lot of you are overreacting especially if you think Isaako played poorly to be honest he was quite impressive maybe not quite their defensively but still, he went a bit quiet after he got crushered but really he needed to come off he wasn’t in the greatest shape... I think other things we learnt are that lodge and Carrigan need to spend the next two weeks in the gym not only on the treadmill but bulking up to run a bit harder... Oates and Teo were on the bench but they need to stay far away from that side as possible... Kennar will be lucky to make his q-cup team after that

Any word on what happened to Jesse Arthars?

Exactly like the Gold Coast Titans trial I described earlier. They built up a nice lead against a struggling team but when the other team got their act together they had no response.

I don't think the Broncos were that impressive in the first half. Their defence looked as loose as anything and if it wasn't for some individual efforts as well as the quality of the opposition it would have been one way traffic through out. Once the Cowboys got their act together and got the combinations working, they had it all over the Broncos.

This is the reality for the Broncos. There is no team list change that is going to fix this in the short term. Seibs went through every reserve he could and the talent pool has been exhausted. It's going to take at least a year for them to sort themselves out and even then it's going to be a real test of Kevie and his ability to be an NRL coach.

and there is no leader or leadership out there. For mine things look grim for this year for the team as a team. There is simply no organisation, nobody to organise

Last edited:

Active Now

• Organix
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.