2021 Trial #2 - Broncos vs Cowboys [LIVE STREAM]

Whoever signed off on Lodge getting paid 750k a year is a fuckwit.
My god that has to be the biggest overs in the NRL. The guy is a 120kg and runs the ball like a 3 year old girl who is scared of breaking a nail. Waist of space

Honestly at times I don’t blame them.

There’s only so much fighting you can do and when absolute howlers happen only one way, you think why should I bother when it’s 15 v 13.

It might be a poor attitude, but **** it

Felt the same watching the girls AFL today. Blatant incompetence and/or bias should not be accepted or given a pass by people saying ‘it’s not the refs fault we lost’ which unless there’s an incorrect decision on a literal last minute winning or losing play, is true, but that doesn’t also mean they cannot completely alter the course of a game by certain decisions, and that has only be amplified by the 6 again rule (although that wasn’t a factor tonight).

Refs deserve to be held accountable and be able to be criticised when they do a shit job.

It can kill games.

Yes it’s a trial, but it is an ominous sign if the refs are still this bad.

And that goes the same for the team, they didn’t deserve to win of course, particularly with the pedestrian grubber tries conceded.

Anyway, yay footy is back ....

Those two shitty grubber tries decided the outcome more than bad ref calls imo.

Probably not going to get through tonight but we have to remember it is a trial. There's no way Kennar plays centre after that first half. Theres no way you take Ricki off.
That said, what was worrying more than our left side defence was how they kept splitting us up the middle. Try line was OK in the first half but fell away dramatically in the second.
Turpin was great for me and his exit was the moment things went awry. He covered a lot of the sins of our forward defence.
From what I saw, farnsworth plays left centre, milf walks into 5/8, and Asiata starts at lock, with tpj part of the forward rotation.
Oates was pretty disappointing, but understandable. Lodge's second half effort less understandable, particularly after his first half.
Glenn, Ricki and especially niu played well. I'm not sure about mead's left wing. It's hard to be too critical given how diabolical Kennar was as a centre but he didn't offer a lot out there.
Isaako keeps his fullback spot at this stage but it's obvious he just keeping it warm for someone else.

But we need to splash the cash in the right areas.
And as much as we wish it was the spine was not the area of worry tonight neither were the outside backs really apart from Kennar... tbh it’s really just our bench that played very poor... I think Carrigan and lodge have been hard done by... by no means did they play outstanding but it wasn’t woeful either... I think if we are focusing on shit performances we need to be focusing on Oates, Kennar, flegler and paix

Maybe I'm being overly simplistic but I think our problem is we've got the worst forward pack in the league.

My god that has to be the biggest overs in the NRL. The guy is a 120kg and runs the ball like a 3 year old girl who is scared of breaking a nail. Waist of space
Haas is the worst thing that has happened to this supporter base you guys all feel entitled to 5 80 minute 300 metre plus middle forwards... you guys are being very harsh... I thought everyone in our starting side had a reasonable enough game to justify their spot in the 17

Well we have already established the guy in charge of the club who still hasn't been replaced at this moment in time is indeed incompetent.

Biggest issues which are killing us:
1. Lodge and Carrigan starting at front row. They are dreadful. I honestly haven’t seen anything from Carrigan that makes me think he is good and lodge is getting worse and worse by the day
2. Isaako at FB. If he is the fullback this season it’s going to be bad.
3. None of our forwards run into the ball. Everytime and I mean everytime they get the ball standing still and just walk backwards into the defensive line or get dominated.
4. When we do get some type of momentum like a half break or similar we just give it to a plodder like lodge the next tackle and we kill the momentum. Roosters and Storm are the best at it. Half breaks they almost always spread the ball and score from the next tackle or make another half break. They don’t pass it to the idiot wearing 8 or 10.
5. Our inability to defend the next set of six after the opponent had scored a try. Honestly I don’t know the number of times we conceded points last season then from the kick off we gave away a penalty or six again and they score. We conceded multiple tries without touching the ball almost every game last year. It was a carbon copy of that tonight unfortunately.
6. Our left side centre and winger OMG 🤢
Unfortunately you are describing what’s being coached into a team. My problem after this trial is nothing much has changed from last year. Bronco teams never gave in like these arses did tonight. if Kevin doesn’t have a sleepless night tonight he isn’t fair dinkum and can get fucked.

Haas is the worst thing that has happened to this supporter base you guys all feel entitled to 5 80 minute 300 metre plus middle forwards... you guys are being very harsh... I thought everyone in our starting side had a reasonable enough game to justify their spot in the 17

It isn't just about metres though, for the Broncos it is GLARINGLY about defense, an aware where Haas too has massive flaws.

Lodge is absolutely useless. I cannot believe there are people on here that actually feel he adds something positive to our team. He is slow, a penalty magnet and simply not good enough for this brand new, much faster game we are playing.

Our forward pack entirely is a little slow imo, Haas is probably the only fast agile one. Asiata looks good, reminds me of Adam Blair for some reason.

Unfortunately you are describing what’s being coached into a team. My problem after this trial is nothing much has changed from last year. Bronco teams never gave in like these arses did tonight. if Kevin doesn’t have a sleepless night tonight he isn’t fair dinkum and can get fucked.
Seriously you hurt my fucking head dude , it's the first trial for most. Get a fucking grip !

Maybe I'm being overly simplistic but I think our problem is we've got the worst forward pack in the league.

It didn’t seem that long ago when the media was frothing at how incredible our forward pack was shaping up..

Active Now

• cento
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.