FOOTBALL 2022 FIFA World Cup

If Australia concede in the first 20 mins or so I think it will be a hammering. Australia's whole game plan is just to stay in the game for as long as possible because they just don't have the quality to chase the game against even average sides. It's crucial they don't concede early to have any chance.

Basically going to be park the bus with some quick counter attacks and playing for set pieces being the only methods of attacking, we definitely don't have the quality to open up at all for this, it's a very negative way to play but when the quality gap is this large you don't have many options to play with that will not result in a easy loss.

If it's still nil all for the entire first half and a bit of the second we may be able to open up a little if we have made Argentina use up alot of energy.

Argentina look to be warming into this WC, Australia's worrisome defense will have its hands full with Messi and that very Spanish of sounding surnames, Macalister.
Wonder if his teammates call him Kevin

We'll be playing the match at Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium. Last time we were there...

f84b0215d88af852c662f2386734d28a

I have seen people call Leckie's goal a lucky goal, flukey, etc.. I don't see anything but him kicking the ball exactly where he knew he had to kick it to beat one of the best goalkeeper's in the world, sure in the build up we all probably thought he ruined it but what he did was drag the goalkeeper with him to open up enough of a lane to shoot and he did it perfectly

Basically going to be park the bus with some quick counter attacks and playing for set pieces being the only methods of attacking, we definitely don't have the quality to open up at all for this, it's a very negative way to play but when the quality gap is this large you don't have many options to play with that will not result in a easy loss.

If it's still nil all for the entire first half and a bit of the second we may be able to open up a little if we have made Argentina use up alot of energy.
It's going to be the other way round. Australia will be the ones using a lot of energy. Argentina will dominate the ball. And the real problem with that is how mentally taxing it gets. They have to be super focused, if one player switches off for just a moment, game over.

I have seen people call Leckie's goal a lucky goal, flukey, etc.. I don't see anything but him kicking the ball exactly where he knew he had to kick it to beat one of the best goalkeeper's in the world, sure in the build up we all probably thought he ruined it but what he did was drag the goalkeeper with him to open up enough of a lane to shoot and he did it perfectly
I think the luck in it was the goalie couldn’t see what he was doing with the ball. He was a split second late to dive but it was also a beautiful goal. I don’t see what leckie could/should have done instead. He handled it well.

We aren’t going to win playing defensive and hoping for set pieces.

We need to give them everything we’ve got. They struggle against teams matching their energy and then some.

If we give the likes of Messi and Di Maria time with the ball, they will fucking kill us.

It’s a risky move playing a high tempo game when you consider the sheer gap in quality, but for mine it’s our best chance. We need to unsettle them.

Basically we need to play a similar style to the style we played against Italy in ‘06.

We need to give them everything we’ve got. They struggle against teams matching their energy and then some.

If we give the likes of Messi and Di Maria time with the ball, they will fucking kill us.

It’s a risky move playing a high tempo game when you consider the sheer gap in quality, but for mine it’s our best chance. We need to unsettle them.

Basically we need to play a similar style to the style we played against Italy in ‘06.
The way we played against Italy was possible because we had enough quality back then to actually play properly against high level opposition, to play attacking we need forwards with really good first touch and we really don't have it at all, The way we played against Denmark was pretty much how we need to play against better sides there is no way in hell Australia could get over 50% possession like we did against Italy with the team we got now against Argentina.

Hold back then press when they are in our half, it's basically what Saudi Arabia did, they won that game with only 30% possession and 3 shots, if we try to play anything other then defensive counter attacking style they will rip us apart, they can press much better then us and all that will result in is still lower possession then them but losing the ball with more of our players behind the ball winner.

Every good player can press these days it makes it much harder to go in attacking if you don't have anywhere near the quality.

It's going to be the other way round. Australia will be the ones using a lot of energy. Argentina will dominate the ball. And the real problem with that is how mentally taxing it gets. They have to be super focused, if one player switches off for just a moment, game over.
Depending on how hard they press, if they limit pressing to their half and considering it's a knockout game so there is huge pressure to win for Argentina I highly doubt they will just pass it around casually till they find a few holes rather then just go all out attack at the goal.

An open game will suit Argentina. Unless Argentina have a big off day, which could happen again like we saw in their first game, Australia's best option is to just keep things tight but that doesnt mean you cant get in their faces. The more the Aussies have to chase the game, the bigger the defeat imo.

That moment at 45sec in the below. Defender switched off there for a second. Can't do that type of stuff against Argentina.

Argentina look to be warming into this WC, Australia's worrisome defense will have its hands full with Messi and that very Spanish of sounding surnames, Macalister.

Either they're related or there were a bunch of Scottish blokes getting about with ladies in Argentina back in the day because I remember a MacAllister playing for Argentina playing against us in 93.

Either they're related or there were a bunch of Scottish blokes getting about with ladies in Argentina back in the day because I remember a MacAllister playing for Argentina playing against us in 93.
Related, says he is of Irish decent.

Argentina has alot of european migration though, especially German and Italian.

Belgium are the #2 ranked side in the world and there's a very real possibility they aren't going to advance beyond the group stage.

They have to win this game. Or they can draw, but they have to hope that Canada beats Morocco by 4 goals. The score is currently 2-1 to Morocco in that game.

Active Now

• rnabokov
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.