FOOTBALL 2022 FIFA World Cup

Fucking hell, forgot that the WC started early hours this morning with Ecuador taking on Qatar.

Ecuador won that game 2-0. Bit of controversy though with Ecuador's first goal being taken off them, looking at the replay of it, I can't see a reason why it wasn't a goal but VAR said differently.

Fucking hell, forgot that the WC started early hours this morning with Ecuador taking on Qatar.

Ecuador won that game 2-0. Bit of controversy though with Ecuador's first goal being taken off them, looking at the replay of it, I can't see a reason why it wasn't a goal but VAR said differently.
They VAR had 300 billion reasons not to award it mate
Still that couldn't even help the hosts who were pathetic. Stadium was practically empty by full time

Sportswashing is the term I believe. That.. and we all know what FIFA did.

If they play McLaren they at least will have a genuine goal scorer and may poach a goal or two.. they are such underdogs every game, they may jag one upset but finishing top 2 would be a less than 10% chance I estimate.

Rather not have to take on one of the world cup favs in our first game, if we only lose by 1-2 goals it will be a good result

He has his foot in front of the 2nd last defender, essentially making him offside, he needed to have 2 defenders in front of him, it's a rare one because usually one of those defenders would be the goalkeeper

View attachment 20327

He has his foot in front of the 2nd last defender, essentially making him offside, he needed to have 2 defenders in front of him, it's a rare one because usually one of those defenders would be the goalkeeper
Been playing the game for the last 7 years and I didn't know that rule :)

Most interesting thing today will be to see if Kane and Bale follow through on their promise to wear a rainbow armband. Apparently they'll be booked if they do.

Most interesting thing today will be to see if Kane and Bale follow through on their promise to wear a rainbow armband. Apparently they'll be booked if they do.
Under what rules concerning international soccer? I heard the same thing today but can’t for the life of me think what the offence could be.

I think you can't make a political statement during a match. Like you can't wear a t shirt under your jersey that has something political on it, and then show everyone when you score.

I hope they do show some backbone and do it. I hope more do.

Me too. I'm not a fan of politicising sport, and I think there is a little bit of hypocrisy in the the way Qatar have been criticised. But I would love for this world cup to descend into a complete farce.

Iran are losing their starting keeper after colliding with one of his defenders.

Looks like he just got concussed.

I wonder how many of these England fans in the crowd are the paid locals.

Damn that was close.

Maguire almost opens the scoring with a header from a corner, but it hits the crossbar.

Bellingham opens the scoring for England.

Nice cross ball into the box from Shaw and Bellingham nails the header.

Which end?

Fortunately for him, it would have been in Iran's goal. But as a Manchester United fan, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he finds a way to score an own goal.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • marw
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.