POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

Losing a grand final by 2 points is still the best we've done since 2015, when we lost by 1 point.
And? It might be the biggest grand final comeback any of us ever see.

24-8 and lost a gf. Deadset.

The panthers are losing Crichton and Leniu too. Without crichton they don’t win tonight and I thought their bench was poor, so leniu ought to also be a huge loss. We just need to adapt like they have over the past 4 years.
Leniu has 25mins in him max, never will be a starter. Flegler however, we stick with him and now showing what we wanted….gone. Herbie massive, I love marinar but not the same…huge loss.

Adam was poor tonight, he didn’t control anything.

Reece will grow but mannnnnn tonight will play on him.

I can’t actually believe this has happened (again) I was genuinely not expecting a win, but I was excited after last try and my heart has been ripped like 2015 but worse.

Losing a grand final by 2 points is still the best we've done since 2015, when we lost by 1 point.

not helping amber riley GIF by Nobody’s Fool

How? Up by 16 Luia off and half their team gassed and on HIA’s.

Walsh had a few too many lapses in positioning that hurt.

To lose by 2 a couple of years after the spoon is immense.

This hurts.

The game turned on that pass from Herbie that went to ground near their line. He barely passes all year then the one time he needed to hang onto it he tries a one handed offload that goes to ground.

Hopefully our young players learnt a lot from that loss and Flegs and Herbie have shockers for Redcliffe next year :happy:

Reyno was nervous af before the game. When I saw his interview with Locky I knew we were in trouble.

Payne, Staggs, Riki. Flegs, Herbie & of course Mam really stepped up.

Our line speed was awful. I wondered if it was a tactic in the first half because of the heat and it seemed to work until Penrith got those 2 HIAs.

Cleary and Critta really stepped up for them, and our passiveness and cockiness was what cost us the win.

I’m gutted but not like 2015. I’m bartle hardened I guess.

Luai going off was Ivan’s masterstroke

What a choke.

Cleary puts his foot down on the touch line half a second later and we win that game.
Unfortunately just too many errors, 2 poor 7 tackle sets and a gift first try.
How big a difference did the penalty for the short drop-out going out on the full make. Deciding 2 points...

How? Up by 16 Luia off and half their team gassed and on HIA’s.

Walsh had a few too many lapses in positioning that hurt.

To lose by 2 a couple of years after the spoon is immense.

This hurts.
I think the panthers passing both their HIA’s at the time they did was such a big moment. Two extra interchanges just as Cleary started turning the tide. Our mistakes just fueled the fire.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.