POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

First 20min with errors & the last 20min with casual approach with less effort on basic details costed us the game.

Kev & his support staff might’ve chalked out a good interchange plan but I reckon it messed up greatly that costed us the momentum. Cant fathom the fact that Adam has gone missing throughout the game. Only hope he don’t get nightmares whethe face Cleary next time.
A big Thanks to Flegler. He certainly looked like a man with a mission to win the premiership this season before he moves on. Payne was on his usual best. Thank you Ezra for the blitz you’ve put in.

Boy! it’s a tough one to take especially, when leading 24-8 with 20min remaining. Simply hate it.

Lol dude it's a contact sport what do you expect.. we lost boohoo great season A++. Would you have thought we'd be here on the 1st of October especially our horror season last year?

I've got no dramas with contact, but contact doesnt mean you can throw your shoulder into a bloke. Why do you think they banned the shoulder charge in the first place. It took years for the NRL to catch up with blokes raising knees and using their forearms. Thats contact too and its illegal.

One area i really think we need to improve on is our edge back rowers. Piakura isnt consistent enough. Riki and Capes are solid but we dont have one who runs lines well. I do think we need a bit more of a threat in attack from one of them.

I think Piakura can be one, late this year he has been looking quite dangerous in attack and really started to build some form with regular game time.

No words. Absolutely shattered.

We gave up and allowed them back into the game.

Worse than 2015? Not sure atm but this will haunt us. People who say you need to lose 1 to win 1, that's BS. What happened after 2015? Did we win one? No. There's no guarantees. Who knows what will happen next season. This was it for us and we blew it.

I can't read anymore of this......

Good night.

Drunk That 70S Show GIF by Peacock

Definitely the most painful loss. Lots of our players didn’t play their best game and we have a lot of young players so that is to be expected.

What makes the is hurt so much is that we were winning 24-8 and their only 8 points came from our stupid short kick off errors. And then, with 17 minutes to go, our most experienced player, captain and half back repeatedly goes for short / tricky kicks, all of which failed and cost us more tries. Not to mention failing to kick on two occasions on last tackle in that time also.

2015 hurt, but mistakes were made. In this game our captain made conscious decisions repeatedly that totally fuckrd us. Sure we should have defended better, but those kicks were fucking awful and stupid

Did we force a Penrith drop-out all game?

No we did not and it is a BIG problem for this team that must be addressed. I would love to see the stat for forced dropouts all year because we have to be close to 17th, and with a player like Reynolds in the team that is just not good enough. We simply do not know how to build pressure and turn the screws, always defaulting to the individual brilliance from 20 or 30 out to score.

Penrith gave us a lesson in ball handling, completing sets and possession tonight.

I think Piakura can be one, late this year he has been looking quite dangerous in attack and really started to build some form with regular game time.

I think so too, but its a lot to ask a guy who's played 14 or 15 games to be that guy at his age.

I just don’t know how I can switch off now, I’m sick and it doesn’t feel real.
It was party time in my household after Mam’s third but there was a little voice saying “it’s not over”.
From then we turned it over chasing more immediate points and I could feel it slip every moment since.
Cleary is just different, he quite frankly put the whole team on his back and dragged them to another title.

Does it hurt more than 15?
For me yeah, there was actually a moment I thought we’ve won this its
too many points for them to chase.
Wow.
There should a crying emojy. Because my heart is crying reading your post. This hurts man... Love ya Bhq. Keep on.

Reynolds has played in 2 of the past 3 grand finals and has been made to look like a complete fool both times by Cleary.

Definitely the most painful loss. Lots of our players didn’t play their best game and we have a lot of young players so that is to be expected.

What makes the is hurt so much is that we were winning 24-8 and their only 8 points came from our stupid short kick off errors. And then, with 17 minutes to go, our most experienced player, captain and half back repeatedly goes for short / tricky kicks, all of which failed and cost us more tries. Not to mention failing to kick on two occasions on last tackle in that time also.

2015 hurt, but mistakes were made. In this game our captain made conscious decisions repeatedly that totally fuckrd us. Sure we should have defended better, but those kicks were fucking awful and stupid
He was bad man, like..really bad.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • Behold
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncos4life
  • Skathen
  • broncs30
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.