POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

Fifita wasnt, and Sua when he first broke through was good. I also think people forget how good Glenn and Sammy were at times. Its been a long while though since them.
You’re right. I forgot about Thaiday for a second. Glenn also could run a line but I guess it’s more been our halves never using our backrowers like other teams do in attack. I thought it would develop more but it really hasn’t.

The leota try shouldn’t have happened. That started the momentum and that was all on capewell. Reynolds biggest blunder was not kicking on the last at the end and passed it to piakura instead for a nothing play. He was all set for a grubber or short chip like he’s done all year but he hesitated.
That’s my point though, he’s the most experienced half in the comp and he does something like that? I just couldn’t believe what I wa watching.

My final cope to end the evening is that at least we lost to an extremely good side with a roster of juniors they developed. We took them to place they’ve never been before and they managed to come out on top. This would feel far worse if this happened against a rorters, south’s, or storm.

That’s my point though, he’s the most experienced half in the comp and he does something like that? I just couldn’t believe what I wa watching.

He had basically assumed we would win it with our defense and didn't want to risk a 7 tackle set. Although we've shown some resilience this year, we're not that kind of team.

In the cab on the way home from the game, those 20 minutes where we piled on the points were the greatest thing I’ve ever seen, followed by 20 minutes of devestation.

We are promised nothing in sport and this is why we watch it.

Love the broncos, onto 2024 ❤️

Reynolds took no responsibility at all in the press conference. I’m off him. Almost all of their points came directly after one of his failed dropouts and he didn’t get us a single repeat set

Vllandy stick your six again right up your arse.

One six again all night and he gives it to the riff to go on and score the heartbreaker.

Beaten, bleeding but not bowed.

Well done boys, a champion season.

Just go one better in 2024.

Feels like this was our best chance. Unless we make some signings we are significantly weaker on paper next year.
Disagree.
Palasia, yes. We’ll miss him. Enter Baker.
Flegler - penalty magnet. A bit of a loss. Enter Xavier and Te Kura.
Herbie - selfish piece of shit. Enter Mariner

He had basically assumed we would win it with our defense and didn't want to risk a 7 tackle set. Although we've shown some resilience this year, we're not that kind of team.
And he should have known his fucking team. We lost this in many ways but certain things stand out.

Our big match players just made the errors tonight. Our young players were fine though so that’s a positive for next year. Walsh is the big piece of the puzzle. I can’t see him going down the road of Milford. He’ll want to improve his game.

Tonight hurts, it could hurt for a long time too. 2015 still hurts because you see in the media the analysts say "you got to lose one to win one", we lost one in 2015 and never really came back the same side. Hopefully this team does come back the same side.

I'm less distraught than i thought i would be tbh. Kevvie needs to get to work for next year in eliminating the errors. Our last 2 games have seen us put under pressure because of our lack of discipline with the ball.
True, but the really hard part about tonight is that nothing really had to change to win the premiership. 24-8 we had it won. What does Kevvie need to do at that point? We just bottled it, Reynolds, Walsh and Carrigan the lead instigators sadly.

Guess this is how Manly felt in 1997

Fansworth and Fleglar are huge huge huge loses. Palasia not so much.

I can’t see us being any better next year. Reynolds a year older. Maybe Walsh will be a little wiser and not as hot headed but unless some of the fringe players start kicking the door down I think that was our best chance to win a premiership. It’s so annoying. We finally start to play well and lose some of our best players. The difference between us and penrith is they didn’t lose any good players until they had won a premiership. It was basically the same side that played the 2nd GF a year later. We will be missing arguably two of our best players in Fleglar and Herbie.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosMan
  • ezpz
  • jd87
  • Scorchie
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • westy316
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.