POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

Before i go to bed, i want to remind you good folks of one thing.

3 seasons ago we won the Broncos first ever wooden spoon, and this year we played in a GF and only lost by 2 points to probably the best team since prime early 2000's Broncos.

Penrith and the Broncos were miles ahead of the rest of the competition and as sucky as tonight is, be proud of what we have achieved in 3 short seasons.

It could always be worse, we could be Tigers or Bulldogs supporters.

Goodnight BHQ. Enjoy the off season and come back refreshed for our next run at the GF in 2024.

@ZTop look at me.

giphy.gif

You've come a long way my friend, I enjoy reading your posts and getting behind your cult players. Tonight sucks absolutely, so be kind to yourself. Treat yourself and get on with life. Sport is just one passion, there's many more out there. More importantly, treat yourself.
There isn't anything else in life man

I've had my sook and now I'm going to look at positives.

Jesse Arthurs was great - solid under the high ball and made plenty of tough runs and got a couple of line breaks.

Ezra - what a legend.

Payne is just a machine like usual.

Flegler was great - never been a fan and wasn't too fussed when it was announced he was leaving. He's just coming good now too and I'm sad to see him go.

Smoothy looked good.

Palasia played well and filled the gap when Payne/Flegler was off well - sad to see him leave as well.

71st minute reynolds just gives it to piakura as the lead man. Horrible play. Could have pinned them.
Crichton puts a great kick in on the set after to force a drop out. Reynolds kicks it out on the full. Don't blame him for the drop out. You go for that every time when up 4. Cleary a great play.

Not at all a go on our lads. They all played well, but I just through Penrith were just better in their forwards. They had an extra gear waiting for this game, and our guys couldn't match it.
They gained the extra interchanges in their forwards with the HIA's. A fresh yeo coming back on is a huge advantage in the context of the game. When they reported that Yeo and Sorrenson were coming back, it was the first moment I started getting worried

We need to shelf the short drop outs. I'm not a fan. Every time we do it, I have my heart in my mouth. Just make them work it back from 50m out. Our defence is good enough. We don't need to go for a cheap option.

Also, if we are jumping for a short drop out, just catch it instead of batting it back 10m out from the try line. It was only ever going to be a drop out again or a try to the opposition. I don't see the need to even try a tap back there. No one was going to be behind there waiting for the loose ball. Just an unnecessary play. Farnworth had both hands extended with the first play on the ball. No one from the Panthers was even contesting it.

Crichton puts a great kick in on the set after to force a drop out. Reynolds kicks it out on the full. Don't blame him for the drop out. You go for that every time when up 4. Cleary a great play.
Staggs come racing out and causes a dud set. Cleary comes with a beautiful tap on last tackle. Cobbo plucks the kick. Panthers bash them next set after staggs lays down.

Just logged on after getting back to hotel. Not going to watch anything or read anything about the game. Need to step away and process that loss.

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for the season. Bronx are a huge part of my life and I appreciate reading you mob's thoughts on the game, players etc.

Stay safe, be happy that we have turned the ship around. No shame in losing to an all time great side.

❤️❤️✊🏿✊🏿

Staggs come racing out and causes a dud set. Cleary comes with a beautiful tap on last tackle. Cobbo plucks the kick. Panthers bash them next set after staggs lays down.
Staying down for the penalty was idiotic after experiencing the way the game was being reffed, especially after a riff player had just stayed down for a high shot to no avail.

We know mate, we saw it. Thanks.

Don't think it was fatigue primarily, just an all time choke.

You don't go up 24-8 in a grand final and then lose because of fatigue

Just catches up with you. We came out fired up in the second half, took control but all that defending in the first half would have had some impact.

Reynolds kicks it down To'o throat. Cleary kick. Reynolds touches it. No 6 again call for a clear touch. Crichton pulls off a great kick again to force drop out. Reynolds goes another tricky drop out that is somehow caught by Martin. Cleary scores off that set from really nothing. Reynolds, Walters and Walsh awful effort to cover middle. Game over.

I’m glad I joined you guys on this forum even though I rarely post, I just read lol its helpful to know everyone else is feeling the same pain im feeling. I will avoid watching any part of this game in my lifetime, this was hard. But cheers guys!! Love this forum!

Cleary sets up on the left and our markers go the other way… walsh was standing there at the ruck and left a massive gap for Cleary to step back into. There was nothing on.
Problem was we slide first instead of going forward. Cleary spots the lazy markers but if we go up a mtr or 2 we cut him off.
I think we all knew before the game unforced errors were what we couldn't afford. We recovered so well in the first half and when got to 16 up we just kept going full throttle.

Active Now

• Bronx48
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Organix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.