2023 Season.. Top 5 Predictions

It's because he's always giving his own stupid opinion on everything, and has no charisma whatsoever. Bracey was a much better interviewer.
Bracey is a better interview, Danika is more pleasant on the eye.

Matt should just stick to commentating games.

It's a strange dynamic because Matt Thompson is the voice of the commentary team. His opinion should carry some weight yet nobody wants his 2c.

A shame, Six Tackles With Gus used to be the way I'd wind down on a Wednesday night. Last year I think I only listened to a handful of episodes. Gus seemed bored most of the time whereas Bracey couldn't get him to shut up.

Does anyone actually have any favourite Fox League or NRL on Nine shows? Over the year it feels like I'm spending less and less time watching those shows.

It's a strange dynamic because Matt Thompson is the voice of the commentary team. His opinion should carry some weight yet nobody wants his 2c.

A shame, Six Tackles With Gus used to be the way I'd wind down on a Wednesday night. Last year I think I only listened to a handful of episodes. Gus seemed bored most of the time whereas Bracey couldn't get him to shut up.

Does anyone actually have any favourite Fox League or NRL on Nine shows? Over the year it feels like I'm spending less and less time watching those shows.
The sunday footy show still a thing on nine?

Bloke in a Bar round review on Mondays... goes for 3 hours usually... can end up pushing it out over a couple nights.

Not much else outside of that... the Matt Johns Shows are trash because they spend 5mins on the footy and then 45mins on Fletch and Hindy

360 is just a bash a thon, but sometimes I'll tune in... was insufferable in 2020 when it was all about bashing the broncos. If I get a sniff of that early in the show nowadays then I'll usually just turn it off.

Will usually watch the Guru supercoach show as well

The Sunday footy show i gotta say I watch whenever I can. The Thursday night one was a disgrace for a long time.

I find NRL360 entertaining enough for a fix early week before games start. Can be very hit and miss depending on topics and guests.

I must admit I find most of the shows much more palatable after a Broncos win vs. a loss so maybe that has some bearing on their quality the last few years…

Prediction 1: AOB first coach sacked. I can see the Drags clinging on to Hook until the bitter end because there's no one else.

Prediction 2: Joseph Sua'ali'i Dally M medalist

Prediction 3: Tedesco will announce 2024 is his final season. Suddenly the Rorters have a mountain of cap to play with and probably go hard for Haas.

Prediction 4: Seibold won't be the complete disaster everyone thinks, but is only good enough to achieve 11th - 13th.

Prediction 5: Broncos will finish 6th - 9th. If it's outside the 8 again, Kev is shown the door. Walsh and Carrigan will be far and away our best players for the year.
Suallii winning the Dally M would be insane, would have to be a very special season considering the vote stealers in his side.

I will throw 5 out there too, just to see how wrong I can be

1. Ronaldo Mulitalo top try scorer.
2. Sam Walker top point scorer.
3. Ben Hunt to win the Dally M.
4. Holbrook first coach sacked.
5. Rabbitohs & Roosters to meet in the Grand Final.

I find NRL360 entertaining enough for a fix early week before games start. Can be very hit and miss depending on topics and guests.

I must admit I find most of the shows much more palatable after a Broncos win vs. a loss so maybe that has some bearing on their quality the last few years…
The show nose-dived when Buzz and Hoops became regulars. It went from every story from every angle to a select few stories and only from the Daily Telegraph's perspective.

You're not wrong about that second part. The Broncos don't seem to rate a mention when they win...

The show nose-dived when Buzz and Hoops became regulars. It went from every story from every angle to a select few stories and only from the Daily Telegraph's perspective.

You're not wrong about that second part. The Broncos don't seem to rate a mention when they win...

There are a lot of really, really boring / awful presenters involved with league coverage but Hooper is the worst of the lot.

1 Broncos to finish 5th
2 Manly to make top 8
3 AOB to get the sack finally
4 Dragons for the spoon and Griffin to get sacked
5 Melbourne to finish 6th

Suallii winning the Dally M would be insane, would have to be a very special season considering the vote stealers in his side.

I will throw 5 out there too, just to see how wrong I can be

1. Ronaldo Mulitalo top try scorer.
2. Sam Walker top point scorer.
3. Ben Hunt to win the Dally M.
4. Holbrook first coach sacked.
5. Rabbitohs & Roosters to meet in the Grand Final.

That was my bad. I meant to say Joey Manu but my head is such a mess right now with my sick dog that I wasn't thinking straight.

5. Rabbitohs & Roosters to meet in the Grand Final
vomit GIF

Fox I would say cronk is ok and on 9 I would say slater. They actually talk about the footy and analyse it. I have no time for any of the others, and usually watch the game in silence. If I need commentary, usually it is abc radio.

In terms of content. Nrl boom rookies is a good podcast, although Mitch Doyle (who was a bronco supporter making the show gocus on the broncos a lot) is no longer co-hosting. There was broncos weekly, but that seems to have stopped.

1. Broncos finish 7th
2. Mahoney to win the dally m
3. Corey Oates top try scorer
4. Suallii to go to rugby
5. Warriors to finish in the top 8

There are a lot of really, really boring / awful presenters involved with league coverage but Hooper is the worst of the lot.
I would agree with that, in the fair dinkum department I mean.

Oh and obviously there is bias here but I like Queenslander. That host actually does his job, is likeable and isn't a gossip column headline seeker.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bert_lifts
  • Santa
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.