2023 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
They are killing us down our right hand side and have finally woken up that Coates is a clueless defender. It's a shame but Brimson is playing out of his depth here.

Klein as in the previous two games is doing everything but kick goals in an attempt to get the Blues over the line.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
I dont think they have been that bad with the ball. Probably just lacking Walsh or pongas ball playing. The right hand side defensively is all over the shop. Treating Liam Martin like he is sonny bill.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I reckon Harry has looked far more dangerous this game than he has in the first two so far.

He's come on and looked clunky in the first two games
Agree....but his upside is being lost by his throw of the dice and lose.....attitude.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
3 things I have noticed in this game.

1. Cody Walker should have been the 6 for nsw from the start like every single person thought should have happened.

2. Brimson isn't Walsh and it's a big difference.

3. There is a bit of a drop of for us playing a game that isn't a must win at a stadium that will favour NSW with the refs.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
They are killing us down our right hand side and have finally woken up that Coates is a clueless defender. It's a shame but Brimson is playing out of his depth here.

Klein as in the previous two games is doing everything but kick goals in an attempt to get the Blues over the line.
Brimson is clunky atm.....

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
3 things I have noticed in this game.

1. Cody Walker should have been the 6 for nsw from the start like every single person thought should have happened.

2. Brimson isn't Walsh and it's a big difference.

3. There is a bit of a drop of for us playing a game that isn't a must win at a stadium that will favour NSW with the refs.
4. The right side defence has been horrendous

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Still think we'll win thanks to our bench vs theirs.

If we can retain a bit of ball they are going to miss the extra big man.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The loss of Reece Walsh has really stunted the Maroons attack and Brimson just appears to be off the pace. Once Fotuaika and Collins came on and asserted themselves in the middle the Maroons looked more dangerous but just haven't capitalised on their opportunities.

NSW looking so much better with Murray at 13. They've got some really good shape and the style of refereeing is really suiting them. Their attacking both edges much better and they've been good to watch.

Big test for the Maroons coming out of half-time, it'll be interesting to see what adjustments they make.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
4. The right side defence has been horrendous
I would say that is because of 1.

Cody Walker is the number 1 Attack creator in the game for a reason.

He is the best at the game at waiting till he gets as much defence commitment on him as possible before getting the pass out which kills the opposite defence.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Wow first half of a dead rubber has me yelling mote than the other games

Ref keeps piggy backing them out of trouble.
Val is not interested, keeps taking the lazy option .
How does Brimson not even go close to setting up DCE.
So far we are beating ourselves more than anything.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I would say that is because of 1.

Cody Walker is the number 1 Attack creator in the game for a reason.

He is the best at the game at waiting till he gets as much defence commitment on him as possible before getting the pass out which kills the opposite defence.
100% we should give a penalty with a late shot under the ribs and see if he likes to dig into the line then

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.