2024 Grand Final

Who you got?

• Panthers

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Storm

Votes: 24 57.1%

• Total voters
Just realised it's on in about 20mins haha... I'll probably watch it, because it should be a good game, but **** me am I going to get frustrated with all the bullshit that will occur tonight... diving, milking, ref manipulation, HIA's, non-calls, etc. fucking horrendous 'sport' to watch at the moment
Not as horrendous as this so called entertainment.
My dog was going off at the screen

Meanwhile the AFL had 100000+ for two interstate teams and had probably another 100000 wanting to attend if they could.

People will look at this as me saying how good AFL is but actually, I'm saying how much trouble the NRL is in. They should be selling out grand finals months in advance, not having empty seats still available on game day.

There are barely enough good players around to make 3 and a half teams and then you have them wanting to bring in two entire new teams on top of this. Stupid. The 6 again rule is just the biggest shooting in your own foot they could have made. Couple that with amateurs in almost every role in the game from admin to players yet being paid professional wages, the game is in a terrible, terrible state.
Every year the same tune is rolled out and every year the nrl spanks the afl in TV ratings.

This is worse miming than the milli vanilli days. FMD how much they waste in this clown

Its embarrassing. The AFL get a legit A lister in Katie Perry, the NRL get whatever one hit wonder they can find.
And again, every year people carry on about the two pre show differences without realising no one gives a **** about the pre show entertainment.

Neither code will ever be the nfl half time show no matter how hard they try.

Every year the same tune is rolled out and every year the nrl spanks the afl in TV ratings.
I’m not disagreeing at all with you but wondering how they get these rating numbers cos I know I’ve never been surveyed or know of anyone who has

I’m not disagreeing at all with you but wondering how they get these rating numbers cos I know I’ve never been surveyed or know of anyone who has

I'm not too sure either but evidently the afl don't know the right people to bribe if nrl is consistently on top.

For how awesome their admin is supposed to be, seems like a glaring oversight no?

I swear the crowd noise/pop when they announced Kid Laroi was piped in to the stadium…started and stopped in perfect harmony
Ever since they brought the fake crowd noise in 2020 I've wondered how much they go back to it.

There will be random times where there's a cheer for the away team scoring a try.... that's not going to happen lol

Or random cheering for a kicked goal after a try... the crowd is surely not that invested in a conversion

Ever since they brought the fake crowd noise in 2020 I've wondered how much they go back to it.

There will be random times where there's a cheer for the away team scoring a try.... that's not going to happen lol

Or random cheering for a kicked goal after a try... the crowd is surely not that invested in a conversion
No one within 50 meters of me either side made a noise but there was a roar in the sections…

Same thing happened in the Broncs v Storm game I went to earlier in the season. Live, it was pretty quiet overall, MUCH more noise from Broncs fans. This was the total opposite on the tv broadcast when I watched the replay.

This is a pretty big inconvenient truth for your claim.

Add in the MASSIVE AFL crowds as well, pretty damning really. Particularly given the Giants v Lions were two league heartland teams and it outperformed both NRL finals on the same day, one of which included a Qld team.

Gus, how is Riff being in 5 straight GF "Good for the NRL"?

How about this outcome: Penrith wins tonight, but next season are stripped of their premierships because of drug cheating or salary cap issues . 😏

Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends
Short term pain, for long term gain, you say? 🤔😃

It does you're right lol.

I don't think the nrl final will top that.

This is the concern. Bear in mind, those ratings are tvs / screens tuning in, does not really reflect the actual amount of people watching it at pubs, home gatherings, etc.

And again to be clear, this is not me trumpeting the AFL, this is my highlighting the legitimate issues the NRL should be absolutely alarmed at. This never used to be the case as you said but the stats are there for all to see. The NRL SHOULD be worried, the AFL has not only caught them on tv ratings, they've now gone past them and again, this does not include the actual crowd figures which the AFL SMASHES the NRL game in, game out.

The NRL really should be sitting up and doing a review into why this is happening but you can be sure they aren't.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Battler
  • LGH
  • Casaburleigh
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Scorchie
  • Jazza
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • FACTHUNT
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • kman
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • BroncoFan94
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.