2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I know we all joke about brown paper bags from Uncle Nick and incompetence of the NSWRL, but JWH only getting a fine...that is some next level incompetence or blatant corruption. I don't care if he's a '"good bloke" or in his last season, if you recklessly shoulder someone in the head and you have about the worst record in the game, then you have to cop some weeks in the stands.
He's been a great player, but he's also a thug who endangers other players regularly and I do not understand the consistent lenience by the MRC.
People may say he has had a few decent suspensions, but deservedly so. As I said in the game thread. If 2021 Flegler or Pangai Jr does that hit it's a send off and six weeks.

The funny thing is they spent maximum 1 minute on 360 tonight talking about it before they dived into Tapine and his shot on Herbie for the next 10 or so. Fucking madness

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The funny thing is they spent maximum 1 minute on 360 tonight talking about it before they dived into Tapine and his shot on Herbie for the next 10 or so. Fucking madness
And it was Uncle Nick's mouthpiece that changed the subject... he's 100% on the take to be a rorters lobbyist

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
And it was Uncle Nick's mouthpiece that changed the subject... he's 100% on the take to be a rorters lobbyist
Without a doubt. Funny watching the whole Reed V Anasta convo about Simpkin. Anasta is the one implying the Moses link but somehow Reedy is the one that gets grief about it. Dumb show.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Without a doubt. Funny watching the whole Reed V Anasta convo about Simpkin. Anasta is the one implying the Moses link but somehow Reedy is the one that gets grief about it. Dumb show.
They'll probably talk about it again tomorrow... same thing happened when they were trying to push Cobbo and Staggs to rorters... no one said anything on the first night so he asked again the next night and Hooper practically sighed before talking about "Broncos backline is pretty stacked".

Anssta either has a producer in his ear to push the agenda or he just has it on his own run sheet.

Kind of funny that the next point was Seibold's contract... them talking about Simpkin at all was meant to lead into the Seibold chat but it was a complete shitshow... will be funny to see how Fox Sports turns that crap into an article with the "quotes" they got

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Gotta feel for Manly fans who search for news on their club (NSFW):

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Penrith, Warriors, Cronulla and Raiders going to Vegas next year.

K

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I seen Brandon Smith from roosters has received a warning from Roosters. If he becomes available, Broncos should move heaven and earth to get him, if he comes for the right price.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I seen Brandon Smith from roosters has received a warning from Roosters. If he becomes available, Broncos should move heaven and earth to get him, if he comes for the right price.

why are you the way that you are GIF

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

He will never come for the right price.

And he is certainly very over rated for the price you'll need to pay to get him.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
In what position? He’s an okay number 9 now and can shift to a ball running lock but is that what we need.

Plus he’s a huge flog and will bring shit habits to the team

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I think the Roosters have realised this as well and are now happy to get rid of him.
BSmith issued a breach notice from the rorters... Uncle Nick looking for a way out... Cheese might need to start watching his drink a bit closer moving forward

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Wayne could fix him I'm sure.......how many hookers does Souffs need?

or................maybe he fills the hole left at the Dolphins when JMK follows uncle Wayne to Souffs.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Sproj
  • jd87
  • Canga
  • Dash
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lozza
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.