2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Screenshot 2024 04 08 08 15 44 28 40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

Poor James...

Who can fix the Rabbitohs?

They sent him on a mission, they (Seibold?) set him up to fail.. but they made one mistake..

They forgot they were dealing with Madge

IMG 8834

Ponga has been really good the last 3 weeks but this is the problem of doing the Dally M with this fucking stupid voting system. Just vote 5 to 1 end of season like every other professional league in the world. Its not that hard.

Ponga has been really good the last 3 weeks but this is the problem of doing the Dally M with this fucking stupid voting system. Just vote 5 to 1 end of season like every other professional league in the world. Its not that hard.

The AFLs brownlow medal is similar voting to the Dally M isn't it (3-2-1 after each game) with the exception of it bring done by officials instead of media.

I'm not sure what having the extra judge per match achieves though

The AFLs brownlow medal is similar voting to the Dally M isn't it (3-2-1 after each game) with the exception of it bring done by officials instead of media.

I'm not sure what having the extra judge per match achieves though
They whinge about it too. Its still a better system than the NRL. But its flawed also. I don't get why you can't just have a panel of say 50 media members across every network that covers the game (radio, print, tv etc) and just vote at the end of the year like the NBA does. By the end of the year you know who the best players were. Have their votes published so they are held accountable. If you have a fucked vote the nrl can revoke your vote the next year. That way you can take into account winning, how valuable to your team, availability etc and not just elite player in a mid team that scrapes into the bottom of the 8. Its a crime Walsh or Johnson didnt win the award last year.

The incompetence of the NRL on these issues is astounding.

Lol on NRL 360 Buzz is like "who had the plan that Bennett should be signed for 3yrs and then shipped out"... and then went on to blame Solley and co.

Ahh sorry Buzzed, but it was Wayne that came up with the plan to coach for 3yrs and then hand it over to JD... it's the exact same plan that he proposed to Brisbane before they decided to flush $5m down the toilet with Seibs and it's the same deal he put forward to Dolphins except Woolf is the new JD.

I can sum up Souths. Their forwards are old and shit. Backs are just slow and shit. Their fullback is just lazy and fat and their only half is old and clearly injured. Oh and the coach is shit.

Dally M's should be as irrelevant as the Ballon d'or

I really don't get all the criticism of Dylan Brown. He is a natural 5/8th. He is 23 years old and you are expecting him to run a team as the halfback now. Lets be honest that team isnt exactly filled with x factor around him. The worst outside backs in the comp. He isnt going to be a finished product for a while. Give these young halfs a bit of time.

I really don't get all the criticism of Dylan Brown. He is a natural 5/8th. He is 23 years old and you are expecting him to run a team as the halfback now. Lets be honest that team isnt exactly filled with x factor around him. The worst outside backs in the comp. He isnt going to be a finished product for a while. Give these young halfs a bit of time.

Should he be getting Dally M points though?

If he does, surely it brings about a system change.
They'll keep changing it until they stumble onto something that allows Cleary to win it... then they can give him 5 straight medals and instant immortal status

They whinge about it too. Its still a better system than the NRL. But its flawed also. I don't get why you can't just have a panel of say 50 media members across every network that covers the game (radio, print, tv etc) and just vote at the end of the year like the NBA does. By the end of the year you know who the best players were. Have their votes published so they are held accountable. If you have a fucked vote the nrl can revoke your vote the next year. That way you can take into account winning, how valuable to your team, availability etc and not just elite player in a mid team that scrapes into the bottom of the 8. Its a crime Walsh or Johnson didnt win the award last year.

The incompetence of the NRL on these issues is astounding.

It`s called best and FAIREST .
So sportsmanship and how you relate to the officials and conduct yourself within the rules count .
Walshy had a holiday for saying some naughty words to a referee . Disqualifies him from best and fairest IMO .

It`s called best and FAIREST .
So sportsmanship and how you relate to the officials and conduct yourself within the rules count .
Walshy had a holiday for saying some naughty words to a referee . Disqualifies him from best and fairest IMO .
They should change it from best and fairest then lol at the end of the season nobody would ever vote somebody that missed alot of games for suspension because it goes into your value to the team. Should be most valuable. You arent valuable if you are suspended. This fairest shit is so stupid

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.