2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

souths the new west tigers ill bet the tigers win another premiership before souths
Nah they are bigger than the Tigers and still have the ability to lure quality players. They just need a weeding out and they will be fine. Their junior pathways still produce talented players.
The next coach really has to stamp down on the favouritism at the club and stop the rot. Its not going to be an easy task but they do have quality players that could easily lift them into the top 4 if they get all fit and firing.

Nah they are bigger than the Tigers and still have the ability to lure quality players. They just need a weeding out and they will be fine. Their junior pathways still produce talented players.
The next coach really has to stamp down on the favouritism at the club and stop the rot. Its not going to be an easy task but they do have quality players that could easily lift them into the top 4 if they get all fit and firing.
ill stick by my prediction lol west tigers will win a premiership before souths

The Souths CEO said that while the head coach gets a say on recruitment, he doesn't get the final say on the clubs signings. that seems crazy to me. this was in response to the Lewis Dodd signing. he also said that if a head coach doesn't want to work with Dodd, he probably should come to the club.

Braith 'I wasn't wearing my journalist hat when I spoke to Sam' Anasta.

What an embarrassment he was on 360 tonight. Friends with Sam, agent of Illias, huge conflict of interest and his loaded questions were ridiculous.

The Souths CEO said that while the head coach gets a say on recruitment, he doesn't get the final say on the clubs signings. that seems crazy to me. this was in response to the Lewis Dodd signing. he also said that if a head coach doesn't want to work with Dodd, he probably should come to the club.
The cynic in me says the Rabbits have spoken to Wayne and he has given this signing his blessing.

Strong word is

Craig Bellamy.

Watch this space.......

Beginning Get Ready GIF by Joe Biden

Storm coach Craig Bellamy says he hasn’t heard from anyone at South Sydney about him possibly replacing Jason Demetriou in 2025

Sure thing..... 😉

What an embarrassment he was on 360 tonight. Friends with Sam, agent of Illias, huge conflict of interest and his loaded questions were ridiculous.
It was such a stupid comment... "I wasn't a journalist" as he spews his garbage on a league news show... fucking moron

Solly ; it`s private and confidential he hasn`t spoke to media .
Braith ; Oh I have talked to him about this . I`m his mate .

It was a fckin train wreck . Anasta has too big an ego to back peddle and change the subject . Embarassed himself IMO .

1st rule of journalism ?
Don`t expose your sources .

It was a fckin train wreck . Anasta has too big an ego to back peddle and change the subject . Embarassed himself IMO .

1st rule of journalism ?

That whole show is a trainwreck but I tell you what, having Graham and Caryannis on there has got me interested in going back from time to time. Those two bring balance to the idiocy of the other two on there last night but whenever Ritchie is on, it is a no go zone.

1st rule of journalism ?
I am thinking that maybe Burgess wanted to be exposed. Especially, as it appears to have fallen the way he was suggesting, and if he doesn't like Solly as has been reported. However, I don't really support calling Anasta a journalist despite my general disdain for the profession. He is an ex-player commentator in my view.

I heard a lot of spin from Solly. i.e. "We have a great board".
I think the reality is he is navigating factions, politics and infighting. I think he knows there are people who want him gone. An ownership model of 4 x 25% and a board would be a disaster to manage . Good luck with that...

The cynic in me says the Rabbits have spoken to Wayne and he has given this signing his blessing.

That's exactly what happened.

They would have known for some time now that JD wasn't the man to take the club forward and they would have been talking with Wayne in the background. There is no way you're making the recruitment decision of offloading Ilias and signing Dodd without knowing who the coach is going to be and whether they give their blessing or not.

That whole show is a trainwreck but I tell you what, having Graham and Caryannis on there has got me interested in going back from time to time. Those two bring balance to the idiocy of the other two on there last night but whenever Ritchie is on, it is a no go zone.
Yes. Its only as good as the people on it. However, the format is stale, and everything is sensationalised. I think they could have more interesting content than the similar offering of shows they have now.

Imagine if Bennett turns Souths down after how open they have been about chasing him.

Interesting that Solly did not deny they have been in discussions with Clint for at least a few weeks, I wonder how Big Ears feels about being knifed in the back by the guy he blindly followed around for years.

Wasn't old Wayne's input part of the reason why Souths made the call to let Arey go?

Unread

Active Now

• porouian
  • Fitzy
  • Cavalo
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.