2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Imagine if Bennett turns Souths down after how open they have been about chasing him.

Interesting that Solly did not deny they have been in discussions with Clint for at least a few weeks, I wonder how Big Ears feels about being knifed in the back by the guy he blindly followed around for years.
Yea. In one of the articles I read just one line where Wayne slipped in to the convo ".... If there are no other positions around for me .... "

I'm thinking that if he could secure the position he wants .. that he'd probably prefer to stay in Queensland and with the Dolphins?

Sorry Sproj Sproj .. didn't mean to quote your post

Yea. In one of the articles I read just one line where Wayne slipped in to the convo ".... If there are no other positions around for me .... "

I'm thinking that if he could secure the position he wants .. that he'd probably prefer to stay in Queensland and with the Dolphins?

Sorry Sproj Sproj .. didn't mean to quote your post

His contract has a sunset clause .
The understudy was always meant to take over in the 3rd year .

I reckon he was negotiating long before .
This half back they have coming next season ? I reckon he knew Wayne was coming and Wayne told Souths to get him for when he arrived .

And also...I laughed at Anasta saying it would be a big coop (instead of coup). Yep that would be a big chicken coop.
Almost as good as Blocker constantly calling it an "in-gold area" even though he's played the game and must know they are called goal posts... unless he thinks they are gold posts and is secretly planning the heist of the century.

His contract has a sunset clause .
The understudy was always meant to take over in the 3rd year .
I'm not sure whether the wording I read was position or role.

But he could be referring to a position other than coaching?

Yes. Its only as good as the people on it. However, the format is stale, and everything is sensationalised. I think they could have more interesting content than the similar offering of shows they have now.
I'm so over all these sensationalist programs. Sure, they get the conversation going about x and y, but there is soooooo little game analysis. It would be amazing to have a proper footy show about tactics, technique, development, etc. that doesn't become essentially "Women's Weekly" for men televised daily. It's sad.

This is a dangerous precedent...and once again inconsistent. Look, I hate listening to Gould as much as anyone hates it BUT he, like many others wears multiple hats and in this instance, was serving as a member of the media (which is a separate problem entirely). This essentially serves as a gag order and I am sure he will blow up over this and challenge it and what leg does the NRL have to stand on anyway? How many concerning notices / warnings is Robertson up to now?

I reckon he was negotiating long before .
This half back they have coming next season ? I reckon he knew Wayne was coming and Wayne told Souths to get him for when he arrived .
Wouldn't surprise but if it was ever proven, Bennett would potentially be in a lot of trouble.

This is a dangerous precedent...and once again inconsistent. Look, I hate listening to Gould as much as anyone hates it BUT he, like many others wears multiple hats and in this instance, was serving as a member of the media (which is a separate problem entirely). This essentially serves as a gag order and I am sure he will blow up over this and challenge it and what leg does the NRL have to stand on anyway? How many concerning notices / warnings is Robertson up to now?
I see it a bit differently. The bloke is a very senior official at an NRL club. He has a responsibility to not bag the game. If he wants to be a critic, resign from club duties and have at it.

I see it a bit differently. The bloke is a very senior official at an NRL club. He has a responsibility to not bag the game. If he wants to be a critic, resign from club duties and have at it.

I don't disagree but this is the NRL's doing, they should have clauses built in to contracts that do not allow big personalities to also front as high level club reps. The AFL has had the same problem.

I don't disagree but this is the NRL's doing, they should have clauses built in to contracts that do not allow big personalities to also front as high level club reps. The AFL has had the same problem.
Yep, can’t disagree with that. That’s the NRL for you, there’s nothing they can’t stuff up.

This is a really good idea💡

brilliant idea ... so the NRL will NEVER adapt it.

it literally solves the problem of games being ruined because a team loses a player 5 minutes into the contest due to a HIA.

this idea doesn't mean a team will play more than the 17 players they're able to now.

Is the 4-player interchange bench is a historical rule? I'm not familiar, I know it's been a change from unlimited interchanges to various other numbers and they've settled on the current format for a while, so it's not as if interchange hasn't been tinkered with previously to make the game better.

I've not been a fan of most of the V'landy's rule changes, but this is one I definitely support the way the game is in its current form. Too many game-defining injuries happening this year in particular.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.