2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't disagree with the decision at all but after 11 years or whatever it was, they could have handled his exit with a bit more class.
It’s pretty classy to just make the decision and give him a $1.5 million payout. No media drama or rumours dragging on for months. Decision made and get on with it

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Maybe they'll make a late play for Bennett.

could get interesting with Bennett's "look what happened with Fifita" comment.

I wonder if Bennett was stringing this out just a bit to see if Parra entered the race
Apparently Bennetts been talking to the Eels for the past 4 weeks..

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently Bennetts been talking to the Eels for the past 4 weeks..

If he does end up signing with the Eels ... it will make the media, in particular those that work at Fox, look stupid. They've been screaming at the top of their lungs that Bennett to Souths is a done deal

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It’s pretty classy to just make the decision and give him a $1.5 million payout. No media drama or rumours dragging on for months. Decision made and get on with it

Sure but he made a GF with them, at least thank him for that.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
If he does end up signing with the Eels ... it will make the media, in particular those that work at Fox, look stupid. They've been screaming at the top of their lungs that Bennett to Souths is a done deal
Eels would be interesting, I think he could do more with that team over Souths.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
My gut feeling is Benny wants a crack at the Eels as they are an iconic Sydney side (when the Eels are going well, rugby league is going well). If he does a last minute switch, they have the cattle to make a GF next year without much tinkering at all.
Could you imagine if Bennett broke the Parra premiership drought... on top of breaking the Dragons premiership drought, which I think was getting up there before he took over?

He'd have legend status to the Sydney media... if he didn't already

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I feel like Brad won't be out of a job for long... he may have stalled with Parra, but they were an absolute joke before he took over.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Rothfield has said that the Eels made the decision to sack Arthur on May 1 ... and he also said that the Eels have been talking to Bennett since then.

finally he says he spoke to Solly, who told him that Bennett was committed to Souths and will sign a contract in the next 24-48 hours.

Rothfield is certain Bennett will be at Souths. Tallis and James Graham are not so sure, because Souths could have had Bennett's signature on a contract while they were in Brisbane for Magic Round

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Rothfield has said that the Eels made the decision to sack Arthur on May 1 ... and he also said that the Eels have been talking to Bennett since then.

finally he says he spoke to Solly, who told him that Bennett was committed to Souths and will sign a contract in the next 24-48 hours.

Rothfield is certain Bennett will be at Souths. Tallis and James Graham are not so sure, because Souths could have had Bennett's signature on a contract while they were in Brisbane for Magic Round
This is the thing.Benny could have singed with souffs longs a go , but it seems like he held off for some reason . That reason being BA gonski!

Active Now

• Allo
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.